Sign in to follow this  
dark

Video Game Thread

Looking to upgrade my CPU and GPU in the next couple of weeks, so I can actually play PUBG without it looking like Duke Nukem. Gonna cost a bit mind you :unsure: 

6 hours ago, Matt said:

Looking to upgrade my CPU and GPU in the next couple of weeks, so I can actually play PUBG without it looking like Duke Nukem. Gonna cost a bit mind you :unsure: 

Old man's into Battlefield can't say I've played it enough tbh I'm more of a COD fan, cooler than you Matt 😉

6 hours ago, Matt said:

Just bought a 256gb SSD. Got a 10 year old desktop on Vista.  Hoping it will run much quicker... need windows 10. 

58 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

Old man's into Battlefield can't say I've played it enough tbh I'm more of a COD fan, cooler than you Matt 😉

To be fair, most are cooler than me :lol: 

49 minutes ago, aaron said:

Anyone play PUBG? really enjoying it on xbox now they have patched the 2 or 3 crashes per game. Only ever won one match though!

I've only had one go on PC, but my rig isn'tt good enough to run it at a high enough quality, hence the upgrade. I've watched quite a few streams from my favourite streamer, and it's really good fun, sometimes down right intense, to watch.

53 minutes ago, Matt said:

I've only had one go on PC, but my rig isn'ttt good enough to run it at a high enough quality, hence the upgrade. I've watched quite a few streams from my favourite streamer, and it's really good fun, sometimes down right intense, to watch.

Ahh gutted! It’s such a good game, yeah very intense once you reach the last 10. Me and my mate was on last night on the squads one, when the circle was basically half a field there was about 20 odd people left, the greatest thing was there was about 10 cars driving round this short area. Was a proper destruction derby! 

20 minutes ago, aaron said:

Ahh gutted! It’s such a good game, yeah very intense once you reach the last 10. Me and my mate was on last night on the squads one, when the circle was basically half a field there was about 20 odd people left, the greatest thing was there was about 10 cars driving round this short area. Was a proper destruction derby! 

I tend to put Circon's videos on in the background if I'm cleaning etc. Always entertaining, especially when he's with his mates and they're working together :) 

I play a bit of PUBG on the PC. I mostly play Rocket League though, I need new team mates due to my current ones being stoners (they're Dutch) and they nuke my rankings hard when they get stoned and can't play well haha.

I just bought a new steering wheel to go with my Oculus Rift and am blasting about in Project Cars and Dirt Rally.

If anyone wants to play anything then just add me on Steam, TheMightyPepe, and let me know you're from Toffeetalk if you want to play some PUBG, Rocket League or anything else.

I have a discord channel that I admin too.

45 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Anyone play war robots on android or apple, its a good team based shooter. Can be free to play if you have patience. 

Personally I find mobile games to be garbage. I still just play solitaire on my phone. 

17 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Personally I find mobile games to be garbage. I still just play solitaire on my phone. 

I used to play snake on my Nokias about twenty years back (had a personal one and a work one) and I was boss, nine times out of ten I'd get the max. Earlier years I did the same on Space Invaders and Breakout in the pub; since then not so hot, though I made a decent attempt on Rayman 3 which was the first game that Josh got.

4 hours ago, TallPaul1878 said:

This one is the best I have found as the game play is pretty good and you can play it without spending money.

The only other game I play on my tablet is XCom.

Ok.... 10-11 year old desktop pc. Was grinding to a halt took an age to start up.

256gb SSD installed. Changed Vista to Windows 10.... blimey what a difference.  Takes seconds to boot up with OS on SSD. 

Need windows 10 pro ideally. All this restrcted app nonsense on Windows S is doing my nut in. 

In Florida, several people were streaming Madden online (playing the American Football game 'Madden' and broadcasting their match so others could watch over the internet) and were killed when someone shot them. It was broadcast live, two are confirmed dead.

Fifa 19 out today, anyone else getting it? My missus has bought me it but because I have EA access on the xbox ive been able to play it for the last week, quite enjoying it. Ultimate team is what usually has my attention on it and this year in the free packs you get at the beginning ive packed Kante and Mbappe (not in the same pack) so I'm having great luck! Shame I'm utter shite against other people though.

On ‎28‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 15:18, Matt said:

I’m looking at Blackout! at the moment, looks unreal and what PUBG should’ve been 

That's COD Black Ops 4 isn'tt it? Looks boss their Battle Royal

4 hours ago, barryj said:

Anyone been playing black ops? 

Resisting the battle royale game, barely get to play but fuck me that looks better and better when I see clips of people playing and almost making me want to make time :lol: 

Blackout is a complete fortnite rip off but with squads it’s good fun. I’m also getting on so finding my reactions aren’t as they were when I first played the original modern warfare! 

33 minutes ago, barryj said:

Blackout is a complete fortnite rip off but with squads it’s good fun. I’m also getting on so finding my reactions aren’t as they were when I first played the original modern warfare! 

Fortnite, like PUBG, is a “rip off” of the battle royale genre, but done well. Fortnite wasn’t the first dude. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Fortnite, like PUBG, is a “rip off” of the battle royale genre, but done well. Fortnite wasn’t the first dude. 

I know - but when you are adding the same emotes it takes the piss a little. I’m not a fortnite fan btw. Too old for that

1 hour ago, barryj said:

I know - but when you are adding the same emotes it takes the piss a little. I’m not a fortnite fan btw. Too old for that

I’ve not got it yet but emotes are an evolution too. Waste of time in my opinion but heyho!

So.... what's the consensus these days..

Xbox one x or ps 4 pro?  Or get a pc and build it?   

Don't really have the option of a desk to play games so a console may be the best option. I've got two lads 4 & 2 who will no doubt want to get in on the act..... 

14 minutes ago, hafnia said:

So.... what's the consensus these days..

Xbox one x or ps 4 pro?  Or get a pc and build it?   

Don't really have the option of a desk to play games so a console may be the best option. I've got two lads 4 & 2 who will no doubt want to get in on the act..... 

My opinion is; 

Having a PS 4 for its awesome exclusive games + a PC build for steam games.

I am not a big fan of Xbox franchise...

Regarding the Battle Royale discussion: CoD > PUBG Mobile > PUBG > Fortnite for me.

I only use my PS4 for the WiFi and processing power for Netflix and Twitch really. Never been that good with a controller, much prefer a mouse and keyboard 

Xbox One X for actual 4k gaming.

PS4 for exclusives.

cant speak for PC, only game I play on PC is football manager and Planet Coaster.

I have both Xbox and ps4 and I prefer the Xbox but its literally each to their own. Xbox Live is 10000000000000 times better than PSN, the free games you get each month is worth having it. I find I play multiplayer games on the Xbox and single player games on the PS4.