IGNORED

Video Game Thread

dark

The new Need For Speed came out two days ago. I was unsure whether to get the game due to the bad press that the game was getting. I liked Carbon, Most Wanted and Pro Street but I was unsure whether I would like Undercover. I still haven't bought it after it got a 6.0 rating from Gamespot and it's promotional video's looked really poor. It looked like Carbon graphics with the same old escape from the police mission. There seems to have been no progress made within the game and dosen't on the whole warrant me parting with £40.

Thoughts?

This may be a bit high tech for some of you but I've just downloaded Monopoly :P .

Josh is always on at me to play the board game but I'm not keen as it takes about 3 days to complete :rolleyes: .

Can play a game now with two computer players in about an hour and a half, and if I'm very canny I can go bankrupt after 45 mins and leave the lad happily spanking the 'bots :P .

Godsend.

I've actually got that on my PC Mike!

It's a good little game, I always used to annoy my parents about taking the board on holiday with us so they decided to go and install the game on my PC. I play on the medium level and I have to say usually give the bots a good spanking :) I don't go on as much as I would like now, but I do enjoy it from time to time in my old age :P

• 4 weeks later...
Tomb Raider: Underworld, also known as Tomb Raider 8, is the eighth game in the Tomb Raider series, released on 18 November 2008 in North America and on 21 November 2008 in Europe. It is the third game in the series to be developed by Crystal Dynamics.

It resumes the adventure from where Tomb Raider: Legend left off and addresses elements of the plot left unexplained in Legend and Tomb Raider: Anniversary, which are previous games in the series.

Got this game yesterday and am two missions in. I'm really liking the controls, graphics and playability throughout. I've met up with the Kraken (from the advert) and killed him. Wasn't much of a boss but was good to get me into the game. I'm just starting Mission 3. Which is the first real mission where your alone with no tutorial assistance. Just looking for an entrance to the ruins B)

Bit of advice lads....Josh wants to buy a PC game (Lego Star Wars) which states...

Very important - graphics card must support pixel shader or this program will NOT run.

....how do I know/find out if his PC is OK?

What gfx card and processor is it using mate? The reason i ask what processor it is using is that if its a decent one and has enough power there are programes which can bypass the pixel shader.

The following gfx cards support the pixel shader Mike if you find what type of card it is and bob it into google along with support pixel shader it should tell you if not let me know and ill have a nosey for you.

The following cards support Shader Model 1.0:

- ATI Radeon 85xx Series (1.4)

- ATI Radeon 9000 Series (1.4)

- ATI Radeon 9100 Series (1.4)

- ATI Radeon 92xx Series (1.4)

- NVIDIA GeForce3 Ti (1.1)

- NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti (1.3)

The following cards support Shader Model 2.0:

- ATI Radeon 95xx Series

- ATI Radeon 96xx Series

- ATI Radeon 9700 Series

- ATI Radeon 9800 Series

- ATI Radeon X7xx Series (2.0b)

- ATI Radeon X8xx Series (2.0b)

- NVIDIA GeForceFX Series (2.0a)

The following cards support Shader Model 3.0:

- ATI Radeon X1x00 Series

- NVIDIA GeForce 6 Series

- NVIDIA GeForce 7 Series

Edited by EFC-Paul

Thanks Paul.

His computer has NVIDIA GeForce 8200....

...which I'm guessing would make it GeForce 8 series?

...and as (again guessing) your post says 6 & 7 series are OK, logic would suggest that 8 series would be more recent and therefore all should be OK.

Does that sound right?

Thanks Paul.

His computer has NVIDIA GeForce 8200....

...which I'm guessing would make it GeForce 8 series?

...and as (again guessing) your post says 6 & 7 series are OK, logic would suggest that 8 series would be more recent and therefore all should be OK.

Does that sound right?

Yeah thats fine mate it will work with games running up to 4:0 pixel shader so would work fine with Logo games. "NVIDIA GeForce8 Series: chipset with integrated graphics supports DirectX 10, Pixel Shader 4.0, and PureVideo HD"

I'm in two minds about playing Fable. I thought it sounded good but from what I have heard its not that good with the gameplay. My mates who have it have said that the graphics, story and controls are poor and that I should stay well away. Could you say an differant?

I also heard about a Gold Trick. Where if you change the calendar to 2010 you'll be a millionare.

Pfft no point cheating :D

And graphics are great, overall gameplay is great, although the combat can be a bit shallow at times it does do the job well and there are many different routes you can take.

Its a Lionhead game so you kind of need to enjoy the moral choices you're given to enjoy the game. There are many different things you can do in the game, and all of them have an impact on your appearance and people's reaction to you.

I completed the main story... i was a zombie in my room for two days.. I had xmas sweets and drinks nearby.

Overall.. I enjoyed it but it felt uncomplete.. hopefully the DLC will fix that.

Dark.. i enjoyed it because it has a simple controls, the graphics are not brilliant (compared to say COD 5) but they are fair. The story isn't as good as Fable 1 though.

Grarghsies.... Have you decided to be good or evil?

I might get the new NFS Aaron. I liked Most Wanted so once I've finished Pure I'll do that. I've finished Quantum Of Solace on all the difficulties, its an awesome game and as for the new TR I think I said above what I thought of it. Pure class.

Edit:

Got this game yesterday and am two missions in. I'm really liking the controls, graphics and playability throughout. I've met up with the Kraken (from the advert) and killed him. Wasn't much of a boss but was good to get me into the game. I'm just starting Mission 3. Which is the first real mission where your alone with no tutorial assistance. Just looking for an entrance to the ruins B)
Edited by dark

I completed the main story... i was a zombie in my room for two days.. I had xmas sweets and drinks nearby.

Overall.. I enjoyed it but it felt uncomplete.. hopefully the DLC will fix that.

Dark.. i enjoyed it because it has a simple controls, the graphics are not brilliant (compared to say COD 5) but they are fair. The story isn't as good as Fable 1 though.

Grarghsies.... Have you decided to be good or evil?

Kind of a corrupt good. Morality isn't black or white, Louis! :D

Nah, I'm a good guy, but I'm a bit of a prick on the oul' rent and shop price front, everything is racked up to +100%.

Just starting an evil swashbuckling pirate-cum-assasin. Should be fun :D

When I've spent all my Christmas money and saved enough to get this game I will. It's getting some positive reviews from the proffesionals and from what Grarg and Louis are saying its fun to play. I was a good guy in Oblivion and Fallout 3 so I think I will take a more evil route through Fable. I'll be hoping to steal as much as I can in order to get gold and rewards. I hope its a game in which I can do that because that's what I'm looking foreward to - playing as the bad guy for once.

Up to level 50 on COD 5 once hit 65 going back to playing COD 4.

Started TR over xmas quite good and only just finished the boat level where trying to get the item stolen back.

Tried new NFS and def better than the last one which was just crap.

Looking forward to the new Resident Evil in March