IGNORED

Video Game Thread

dark

Urgh 'Will anyone be getting?' terrible grammar. Apologies people.

As for Underworld I'm only playing so that I can have it completed. I don't want to have it go to waste on my shelf so I'm doing it 100% while the story is fresh in my mind. I'm up to Xibala, which is halfway through. It's getting better for me but it just seems that there is puzzle after puzzle. It's very dull. I'm going to buy another game soon when it's done and dusted.

Resident Evil is not going to be an investment of mine, I've heard too much bad stuff about it thats put me off. If anyone does get it please tell me what they think, it will be intresting to see if there is any positives from it - I've done too many serious game at the moment so I'm going for the light-hearted Banjo Kazooie - Nuts & Bolts.

FEAR will be coming sometime in the future too.

I bought it the other day Dark, and I must say at first I really didn't like the new controls and I found the slightly different gameplay a bit difficult to ajust to, but now I'm four chapters in and fucking loving it. I am a very die hard Resident Evil fan, and I must say this game has not disappointed me one bit. If you've played Resident Evil in the past, especially Resident Evil 4 (the greatest game ever for 6th generation consoles), you will love Resident Evil 5.

Never really saw what hooked so many people with Left 4 Dead. It just seems like a shittier version of Resident Evil that more than one person can play. The zombies/monsters seemed rather dull and un-scary whilst the girl and the black office worker only seemed like the good characters in the entire game. I have no idea why that white-haired war veteran managed to get in because it must be rather boring playing as him.

Fallout 3 is an amazing game. I would say that I only play it once a fortnight but when I do it blows me away, the sheer scale of the game is fantastic and shows a massive step up from Elder Scrolls: Oblivion.

Left for dead was based on 4 missions, with levels on it, was like a movie kind of thing , was balls.

The zombies / monsters were just people who have taken too much crack and gone really white, the hardest thing to kill was meant to be the witch yet they died quite easily. Like i said - Balls.

I bought Half-Life Orange Box ages ago but didn't get round to playing it much (Its Half-Life 2, Episode 1 and Epidisode 2 plus 2 other games if you hadn't heard of it). I had completed Half-Life 2, but had already played it on the old xbox. But just started playing it again and I forgot just how good this game is. I have now completed Half-Life 2 again and am now half way through episode 1. Its awesome. Half-Life 2 is just so so so good. Anyone else played/ playing this?

I will be very soon. I'm real close to completing HAWX and this will be my next game. I've done some of the Half Life games on the PlayStation 2 some years ago and my dad is a fan of the series. Portal comes as part of the Orange Box too and that looks like a neat little game. I'll certainly have it done and dusted sometime in the near future.

That mission in the abandoned town looks awesome :)

(Its Half-Life 2, Episode 1 and Epidisode 2

:lol:

Edited by dark

I will be very soon. I'm real close to completing HAWX and this will be my next game. I've done some of the Half Life games on the PlayStation 2 some years ago and my dad is a fan of the series. Portal comes as part of the Orange Box too and that looks like a neat little game. I'll certainly have it done and dusted sometime in the near future.

That mission in the abandoned town looks awesome :)

:lol:

That level is incredible. It is like a cross between Half Life and Resident Evil. That part of the game is easily the best part of the whole game. Getting the Orange Box is certainly a very good deal, especially if you know how Half-Life 2 finishes, well I say finish, it basically just stops! When I had it on Xbox before the other episodes had been released I felt slightly cheated. But now I have the other episodes all is good as I can actually finish the game. I will add that don't be fooled by the names "Episodes" they are not like standard add-on packs. They are full and large games. Valve, the developers, actually said that they made a huge mistake by calling them that rather than, say Half Life 3, as many people have ignored them expecting them just to be small expansion packs.

Guest efctaxi

Half life 2 is great , and possibly one of the most adventure packed games ever .

Didn't play Half life though .

What is the sequel to Half life 2 ?

They released a thing called Orange Box, which contains Half Life 2, Episode 1 and Episode 2. plus two other games.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Half-Life-Orange-B...4330&sr=8-1

Its only £13 on Amazon at the moment on 360. So there is no excuses not to get it!

Episode 1 continues directly from where Half Life 2 "ends", it is mainly focusing on escaping the Citadel after the reactor core thing explodes. Episode 2 is based when you go to the alien world. Very worthwhile purchase, especially if you enjoyed Half-Life 2 as you finally get to continue the game!

Did you find the ending of Half-Life 2 as frustrating as I did?

Guest efctaxi
They released a thing called Orange Box, which contains Half Life 2, Episode 1 and Episode 2. plus two other games.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Half-Life-Orange-B...4330&sr=8-1

Its only £13 on Amazon at the moment on 360. So there is no excuses not to get it!

Episode 1 continues directly from where Half Life 2 "ends", it is mainly focusing on escaping the Citadel after the reactor core thing explodes. Episode 2 is based when you go to the alien world. Very worthwhile purchase, especially if you enjoyed Half-Life 2 as you finally get to continue the game!

Did you find the ending of Half-Life 2 as frustrating as I did?

I play it on pc , and got it from steam.

Half life had so many ideas and adventure , it was untrue .The ending was expected , though wasn't too upset .

Played a lot of Far Cry and Call of duty 4 since then , so might be nice to finish the story off .

Hopng to get Fear 2 soon also .

I WAS going to get Half Life and I WAS going to finish Hawx but my Xbox just got the 'Red Ring Of Death'

Phone up, they still fix it for free, the warrenty ran out on mine and they still fixed it for free, or try the towel trick, works once or twice but ultimatly kinda makes it worse.

I wil be buying the Orange Box asap as its £15 in gamestation atm, happy days.

I bought Half-Life Orange Box ages ago but didn't get round to playing it much (Its Half-Life 2, Episode 1 and Epidisode 2 plus 2 other games if you hadn't heard of it). I had completed Half-Life 2, but had already played it on the old xbox. But just started playing it again and I forgot just how good this game is. I have now completed Half-Life 2 again and am now half way through episode 1. Its awesome. Half-Life 2 is just so so so good. Anyone else played/ playing this?

same with me . i bought it when i was over in liverpool last and have started playing it again recently . great game it is

Bought my new Xbox today so that I can get back playing. There is a problem that all my Gamerscore and Game Saves are now lost but I guess that thats life. I'm going to go through Fallout first I think. I've made a new character and successfully escaped the Vault. I did do some changes this time around. I was pleasant with everyone at my birthday party including the old woman that gives you a sweetroll as a present. I started a fight with Butch there too which was kinda' fun. I didn't take the GOAT seriously at all and answered randomly giving me a future job of 'Tattoo Artist' and I actually helped Butch's mother with the Radroaches. First time through I told him to 'Fuck off' and let her die.

Started MotoGP too seeing as the season begins tomorrow. Racing in Qatar at the moment.

Update on Fallout :)

I'm now in Megaton. The days of being in the Vault have gone and I'm now looking around the town for pieces of information about Dad. I was told by Lucas Simms that Dad had been and gone to Megaton, I spoke with Moriarty who owned a bar within the town and told me to head out the the HQ of 'Galaxy News Radio' as Dad was heading there.

I've not used any MedX or Stimpacks yet and have not died. I'm quite pleased with myself. I'm going for Good Karma too. I was nice to Gob and got some discounts on the alcohol and have been helping as many people as I can. Someday however I will have an off day and shoot someone. That day hasn't come yet. B)

Didn't do much on Fallout yesterday, just followed around some of the dudes with the Light Armour and shot some Super-Mutants. I'm continuing my search to find my Dad, wherever he may be. I'm looking for ammunition high and low because I know I'm going to end up in some Subway surrounded by Mutants without bullets. And that would fail.

I've started Assassins Creed again too. I've slain three of the nine that are needed. I'm onto the fourth now in the city of Damascus. Its quite a good game going back, I just need to find some people to interogate at the moment. If you haven't seen Assassins Creed pictures are below.

Assassins Creed 2 is all set for a March 2010 release.

930278_20071113_790screen001.jpg

930278_20071113_790screen002.jpg

It's been confirmed as a working title for a while now mate. There was a small rumour about the game taking place in the present day which proved to be un-true. There is a lot that needs fixing in the new game, a lot of work needs to be put in but I'm sure that it will be a success. I for one will be buying upon its release.

For Aaron and anyone else that's interested they released the first 'teaser trailer' a few days ago.

I love the way that the censored the Da Vinci dude :lol:

Watch On Gametrailers

Guest efctaxi
really like assasins creed but thought it was a bit repetitive looking forward to the 2nd one . currently playing orange box and farcry2 (best looking game ive ever seen )

Far cry 2 is a game full of great graphics , and the weather / daylight facility is wonderful , but it is the most repetetive , tedious , and lacklustre game Ubisoft have ever created , and as for Multiplayer , it is nothing short of a nightmare .

After playing Farcry multiplayer for over 4 years , you can bet I know a little about Ubisoft lol , but I won't offer my opinion as it breaks forum rules :lol:

Finished Assassins Creed at 11:30 last night. I'm quite pleased with myself that I saw the twist coming from the very start of the game. I had a real feeling that what happened would happen, and I feel rather intelligent to have guessed it B) I'm moving onto Kane & Lynch now, or Bioshock. I still love that game, its such an awesome experiance and one with the best ending I've ever seen in a video game.

Anyone found it in themselves to pick up Bioshock and have a blast round Rapture?

<3

Hmm that assasins creed looks awesome. What platforms that has been released? I have only PC, and bit old kind of anyway, but i think that could be game what would hook me. I havent played last years much of singleplayergames, other than CM 09. And ive played Americas Army SF onlinegame about 5y now.

BTW: for those who wonder what is is WOW, should look at this, ive looked that about 20 times and still see it so Fookin funny: http://videoutopia.smartvideochannel.com/m...mp;v=mostviewed

Hmm that assasins creed looks awesome. What platforms that has been released? I have only PC, and bit old kind of anyway, but i think that could be game what would hook me. I havent played last years much of singleplayergames, other than CM 09. And ive played Americas Army SF onlinegame about 5y now.

Assassins Creed is available for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. It is out for the PC but the requirements mean that only a handful of people can play it on that engine. You'd have to do it on a real games machine to have a top notch effect.

There will be a special edition of Assassins Creed being released for the PSP at the end of this year.