IGNORED

Possible Takeover Bid!

i suspect moyes will sign the deal on the understanding that we are about to be taken over. so will have himself some job security, however the longer BK reigns at the club the longer the deal remains unsigned.

Christ if the contract on the table doesn't make him safe for life then nothing will.

Bill has wanted out for long enough I hope for his sake he is able to sell and to get back to being just a normal blue without any of the crap he has had thrown at him. If anyone still wants a democratic say in what has gone on the club they can now forget it, the big boys are deaf

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/foo...icle4888055.ece

Everton are expected to become the next Barclays Premier League club to fall under Arab ownership after it emerged that a Middle Eastern consortium is favourite to buy the club. An Indian investor is also understood to have registered an interest in the Merseyside club, but the more advanced bid is from an investment group in an Arab state that is preparing to make an official bid within the next fortnight.

Bill Kenwright, the Everton chairman, has been looking for outside investment for the past three years, conscious he does not have the wealth to enable his club to compete at the top end of the transfer market and he is confident his search is close to fruition.

Kenwright is being advised by Keith Harris, the leading football financier, who sat alongside him at Goodison Park yesterday when Everton drew 2-2 with Newcastle United. The Tyneside club have also enlisted Harris’s services as Mike Ashley, their chairman, looks to offload his stake as soon as possible. Ashley is determined to find a buyer for Newcastle as a matter of urgency, but the Everton takeover is being handled more cautiously, with Kenwright eager to find the right individual or group of individuals to take the club forward.

A number of conference calls have been held with representatives of potential investors, with Sir Philip Green, the billionaire British businessman, also offering Kenwright advice, as he has done on an increasingly regular, although informal, basis in recent months.

Reports yesterday suggested that Kenwright hoped to have a deal completed by the new year, allowing David Moyes, the Everton manager, significant funds to strengthen his squad during the January transfer window. However, the expectation at Goodison Park is that a deal could go through next month, if discussions continue to progress as they have done.

In the meantime, Moyes is close to signing a new long-term contract, with his future unaffected by the expected change in ownership.

This is going to be a long rocky road, and will be worse than transfer gossip we faced during the summer. The press will be clamouring after breaking the next takeover story, and we will be a prime target.

There will be alot written about us in the coming months, we just need to be able to wade through the shit and the shite to find any truth.

Personally I'm glad the club have come out and denied it, becasue at least they are telling us a little of what is going on and not letting us get carried away down one path.

This is going to be a long rocky road, and will be worse than transfer gossip we faced during the summer. The press will be clamouring after breaking the next takeover story, and we will be a prime target.

There will be alot written about us in the coming months, we just need to be able to wade through the shit and the shite to find any truth.

Personally I'm glad the club have come out and denied it, becasue at least they are telling us a little of what is going on and not letting us get carried away down one path.

IMO Jamie there are now so many stories about that it has to be true. The club are obliged to deny it if the potential buyer asks to be kept anonymous, they can't say yes there is because the press would start searching harder, they have to be discrete even if it means telling lies, such lies will be instantly forgotten if the club is sold

I was listening to Five Live on Saturday morning and they had Paul Miller, ex-Spurs blocker-turned-footy-financial-whizz, in to talk about foreign investment in the Premiership. When asked which of the current clubs would represent good value for money to investors, he gave one name - Everton. Why? Coz our debts are significantly lower than many top-flight teams, including Liverpool, and we'd be available for around £200m, far lower than the likes of Newcastle or Spurs.

To hear this from one of the avowed big boys in the football finance world made me wonder why, exactly, Kenwright has found it so damn difficult to find investment in the club? If we're that attractive, and leading financiers are prepard to go on record saying as much, why couldn't Bill have sorted out a buyer early summer, giving us a full close season to add to the squad and adjust to the restructuring of the club?

I'm also wondering if Moyes' contract is being delayed by club rather than by him - maybe knowing that a takeover is in the offing, they don't want to put off potential investors who would be faced with an immediate £17m pay-off should they wish to switch the manager. Moyes has been saying the contract is back with the club for some weeks now.

IMO Jamie there are now so many stories about that it has to be true. The club are obliged to deny it if the potential buyer asks to be kept anonymous, they can't say yes there is because the press would start searching harder, they have to be discrete even if it means telling lies, such lies will be instantly forgotten if the club is sold

Wait wait wait. I'm not saying a takeover isn't going to happen. I think it is true that there will be a takeover. What I was aluding to was a specific takeover, for example Ambani..or apperntly any Arab with a little bit of money.

I think everyone knows we are looking for investment, its where that investment comes from is what the papers will be debating about, and thats what I meant by finding the truth in these stories.

Sorry if my original post was slightly unclear.

I was listening to Five Live on Saturday morning and they had Paul Miller, ex-Spurs blocker-turned-footy-financial-whizz, in to talk about foreign investment in the Premiership. When asked which of the current clubs would represent good value for money to investors, he gave one name - Everton. Why? Coz our debts are significantly lower than many top-flight teams, including Liverpool, and we'd be available for around £200m, far lower than the likes of Newcastle or Spurs.

To hear this from one of the avowed big boys in the football finance world made me wonder why, exactly, Kenwright has found it so damn difficult to find investment in the club? If we're that attractive, and leading financiers are prepard to go on record saying as much, why couldn't Bill have sorted out a buyer early summer, giving us a full close season to add to the squad and adjust to the restructuring of the club?

I'm also wondering if Moyes' contract is being delayed by club rather than by him - maybe knowing that a takeover is in the offing, they don't want to put off potential investors who would be faced with an immediate £17m pay-off should they wish to switch the manager. Moyes has been saying the contract is back with the club for some weeks now.

Middle of last week he was signing at the weekend, come the weekend it will be the following week and so it goes on.

I suggested last week that the board could not afford what he is asking and and are delaying matters for the new owners to settle as they in turn may want Moyes replaced, based on our present situation that would not surprise me

Who could resist buying a club with bolshy fickle fans that will lobby against every decision you make and boo your players off the field

Fans are entitled to express displeasure at a teams performance but some of the graffiti levied against Bill Kenwright and the board is disgraceful. Most of that muck is done by a poisonous faction within our fan base that we could well do without. Imagine being a potential buyer seeing that lot all over the place

Looks like home games in Abu Dhabi for us then.

With the premiership being mostly foreign owned if this goes through expect to see a revisit of the idea to play games abroad....and for the vote to go through this time.

As for Keith Harris...we have him at Cardiff, fat lot of good he is doing us there.

Edited by BlueBird

Looks like home games in Abu Dhabi for us then.

With the premiership being mostly foreign owned if this goes through expect to see a revisit of the idea to play games abroad....and for the vote to go through this time.

As for Keith Harris...we have him at Cardiff, fat lot of good he is doing us there.

He was a shit ventriloquist as well :P

Guest Reg Reagan

good news if its true.

its the first time i have heard of this but this will be great once it does happen and it will ensure our future to be secured

good news if its true.

its the first time i have heard of this but this will be great once it does happen and it will ensure our future to be secured

I think it does the opposite. It may secure our short and medium term golas of competing every year and getting into europe etc. but 10 or 20 years down the line when all these foreigners have made their money and left, then what?

I think it does the opposite. It may secure our short and medium term golas of competing every year and getting into europe etc. but 10 or 20 years down the line when all these foreigners have made their money and left, then what?

when does anyone personally make money in owning a football club????? Its not really the game to be in if you want to make money.....iyou only really get a good return on your investment if you sell the club....... and at that point..... someone esle has to buy them...........

Im more worried about the tinkering a new owner might want to do...... could be anything from not having any involvement at all to wanting to be the clubs new starring center forward

when does anyone personally make money in owning a football club????? Its not really the game to be in if you want to make money.....iyou only really get a good return on your investment if you sell the club....... and at that point..... someone esle has to buy them...........

Im more worried about the tinkering a new owner might want to do...... could be anything from not having any involvement at all to wanting to be the clubs new starring center forward

Yeah, I agree that the owner may change a few things around Goodison. Chaning Z-Cars to the Muslim Chant :rolleyes:

Although Bill Kenwright has said he's looking to sell the club, reports that 2 interested parties were ready with bids over £200m were denied by the club. One group were said to be from the Far East and another the Qatar Investment Authority, a sovereign wealth fund worth around £30bn. It is thought that Blue Bill has had contact with Keith Harris, a wheeler dealer in the football finance world, to help find a new owner for the club.

An Everton spokesman says: “The stories are not true. The chairman has made it clear he would listen to potential investors, but the stories in the Sunday papers are not true.” (06/10/09)

Guest Reg Reagan

how wrong are you :lol:

since when do owners make money from clubs? did hicks and gillet think that they can make money off the RS? :lol: look at them! they are over 700m in debt!

Uefa president Michel Platini says clubs like Everton can succeed without foreign investment.

A number of high profile takeovers of Premier League sides have led to concerns about the level of money coming into the English game.

Speaking at Liverpool's Echo Arena ahead of Wednesday night's National Football Hall of Fame awards evening, Platini expressed his concerns about the number of top flight foreign owners, admitting rival clubs must now find alternative ways to succeed.

Toffees chairman Bill Kenwright recently revealed he has long been searching a 'billionaire' investor. Asked whether Everton should take that route Platini said: "There is two ways. One is if Everton become more rich and richer than the other [clubs], the other is that they are Everton.

"I don't think [money] is the only thing that will decide the future of their football. The education of youth players that can play at Everton? I think so. I believe in that."