IGNORED

Lescott In England Squad

full squad for anyone who wants to see it

England squad: James (Portsmouth), Green (West Ham), Carson (West Brom); Brown (Manchester United), Johnson (Portsmouth), Terry (Chelsea), Ferdinand (Manchester United), Lescott (Everton), Upson (West Ham), A Cole (Chelsea), Bridge (Chelsea); Beckham (Los Angeles Galaxy), Walcott (Arsenal), Barry (Aston Villa), Jenas (Tottenham), Lampard (Chelsea), Gerrard (Liverpool), Downing (Middlesbrough), Wright-Phillips (Manchester City); Heskey (Wigan), Crouch (Portsmouth), Rooney (Manchester United), Defoe (Portsmouth)

Can't understand it myself. IMO Lescott has been the weakest link in our defence for most of the season, the roasting he got from Liege's number 6 (Dalmat?) at Goodison was embarrassing. Yeah we all know he's a class player when on form but even good players need dropping when theyre rank out of form, yet he gets binned by Moyes for half a match before Yobo is dumped, and Capello sees fit to include him in an England squad ahead of Jags, the only defender we have who I think can hold his head up so far this campaign. Although, tbh, no players from a defence thats averaging two goals conceded per game should be making the England squad

full squad for anyone who wants to see it

England squad: James (Portsmouth), Green (West Ham), Carson (West Brom); Brown (Manchester United), Johnson (Portsmouth), Terry (Chelsea), Ferdinand (Manchester United), Lescott (Everton), Upson (West Ham), A Cole (Chelsea), Bridge (Chelsea); Beckham (Los Angeles Galaxy), Walcott (Arsenal), Barry (Aston Villa), Jenas (Tottenham), Lampard (Chelsea), Gerrard (Liverpool), Downing (Middlesbrough), Wright-Phillips (Manchester City); Heskey (Wigan), Crouch (Portsmouth), Rooney (Manchester United), Defoe (Portsmouth)

Lescott - Can't understand why he's in the England squad again. Back to finding his form for us and he goes and walks into England. Jagielka should be the man in the Three Lion shirt not Joleon. Jag's work rate has been phenominal all season and I can't understand why Capello hasn't chosen him. Seems like he does pick on past judgements.

Upson - Haven't really heard about his this season. Good player but he dosen't seem to have been in the papers/internet much. I mean what has he done this season for West Ham?

Jenas - Waste of time. Tottenham are in a crisis and he dosent play all that often. Like the commentators said against Wisla. The reason behind the failure is because thier captain King and vice Jenas are never on the field.

Heskey - Where should I start, absolute waste of time being there. Pathetic.

Crouch - Mediocre player, but if he wasn't such a lanky freak he woulden't be at the England Camp now. He didnt do well against us. He scored but that was due to Howard and the back 4. He's just too awkward. He's tall and...weird?

Downing still getting picked for England is a joke as well.

Spot on. He has been shite this year. He has never done it for England, but at least when he was being picked last season he was performing well for Boro. How he can get in and Ashley Young can't I just don't understand. In my opnion he should at very least be on the bench making an appearance towards the end of a game, and thats the very least.