IGNORED

Abu Dhabi Broker Representing Efc-interested Clients From Middle East

Louis

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/footbal...abi-917204.html

"Reports in the Middle East last night suggested continued “serious interest” in Everton from Qatar and Saudi Arabia.

It is believed Amanda Staveley, the woman who brokered Manchester City’s buy-out by an Abu Dhabi investment group, is representing the potential buyer. She has previously worked on behalf of Dubai International Capital, the group who hoped to buy Liverpool FC from Tom Hicks and George Gillett."

Things seem to be gathering pace in terms of us being bought, great news.

Hitler Sorry BK is finally Delegating the job of Finding an investor because i've no doubt because he -lets be nice and say- could do better at business i doubt he sold us (metaphorically) well at all. in fact i suspect robert earl came in because of things phillip green said about the club rather than BK.

Anyway the Wheels are in motion finally. Lets hope we get an equivalent of Randy Lerner.

Hitler Sorry BK is finally Delegating the job of Finding an investor because i've no doubt because he -lets be nice and say- could do better at business i doubt he sold us (metaphorically) well at all. in fact i suspect robert earl came in because of things phillip green said about the club rather than BK.

Anyway the Wheels are in motion finally. Lets hope we get an equivalent of Randy Lerner.

thats a bit harsh.....

we need investment or an owner with more financial clout but BK isnt exactly a little Hitler.....

Ill wait for your reaction when we are bought out by some faceless corporation that uses EFC as a tiny plaything.......

Edited by DangerMouse

hahahahahaha.....hahahaha.....what you said is so funny. Again, an Everton fan questioning how well a millionaire business man conducts business. All clubs use representatives to sell their business, why because Everton are following suit does that make it BK is a crap business man (again)???

Besides I wouldnt say no to her representing my business:

Amanda-Staveley-GETT_50743t.jpg

Edited by Everton_Worshiper

Just seen a copy of (whisper it) The Sun. Back page is reporting a buy out from an Abu Dahbi group who have been sniffing around a few english teams including Charlton, West Ham and Newcastle. Apparently they would instantly wipe all debt from the club and would be willing to solely finance a new stadium.

However, this has been reposted by The Sun, so take it as you will.

Mail on Sunday say Kenwright is trying to entice the Americans.

KENWRIGHT HAS TALKS ON U.S DEAL

Everton could follow neighbours Liverpool by falling into American hands after chairman Bill Kenwright spent part of last week in the United States for talks with at least one prospective buyer.

The possibility remains of interest from Dubai based group Zabeel investments turning into something more concrete,but an American takeover is the strongest candidate.

Zabeel's official move to buy championship club Charlton-and their reported links to Everton and other teams available for sale- is seen as a indication that Dubai's ruling royal family are cooling on their long term plan to take over at Liverpool but it is understood that their interest in buying out american co-owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett is not yet dead.

The thing that we need to find out with the Arab's is how much money they have for transfers. I mean, if we can't compete with the likes of Chelsea and Manchester United then whats the point in having a takeover. We need someone who has the money to go out and buy the future Messi's and Ronaldo's. The way foreward is millions.

Everton Set For Arabs

Everton are set for a £200mil takeover bid from the Arab billionaires who wanted Char­lton. Zabeel Investments, owned by Dubai’s royal family, are ready to drop their interest in the Londoners. They made a £20mil offer for Division Two side Charlton just a week ago but now feel the Merseysiders would offer better value for money. Ironically, Zabeel have previously shown an interest in buying Liverpool and have been linked to Arsenal, Newcastle, Tottenham and West Ham as well. Company chairman Mohammed Al Hashimi and his representatives are willing to wipe out Everton’s £52mil debt. They would also bankroll the move to a new stadium, with £78mil of funding needed. But the news will anger Charlton, where Zabeel had planned to buy the club and wipe out their £20mil debt.

The broker who was part of the Nigerian bid for Newcastle has apparently met with Bill Kenwright:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...icle1858172.ece

FOOTBALL power-broker Chris Nathaniel held talks with chairman Bill Kenwright on Saturday about a takeover of Everton.

Nathaniel, who has clients from Qatar, Abu Dhabi and Nigeria, said: “There are many people from overseas interested in purchasing Premier League teams.”

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/sport/footba...eleys-list.html

Football's new leading lady and powerbroker has confirmed that Arab money will bail out English football within months, with Everton almost certain to be bought by a Middle Eastern royal family and West Ham also a target for Arab wealth.

Amanda Staveley, who put together the £210million purchase of Manchester City by Abu Dhabi's Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, is now working on bringing more Middle Eastern money to the Premier League and up to five clubs are being targeted.

With Manchester City manager Mark Hughes flying out this weekend to meet the sheikh and his advisers, Staveley's contacts could further transform the English game and take its wealth beyond even the levels of Chelsea's Roman Abramovich.

Sheikh Mansour is believed to measure his wealth in trillions of dollars rather than billions and, if Staveley can persuade more Middle Eastern individuals to commit to the Premier League, it could lead to a timely boost to revenues in the English game at a time when TV income has probably reached its peak.

While the Arab investors will not simply bankroll clubs without any thought for the returns or the cost, stars such as Kaka at AC Milan and Leo Messi at Barcelona are much more likely to end up in England if such wealth is injected into the Premier League.

Arab owners would also bring a revolution in management practice, with old-style football agents phased out and more structured methods of scouting and recruiting introduced.

article-1084186-025B7F32000005DC-709_306x467.jpg

Staveley (pictured right), who heads PCP Capital Partners and lives in London and Dubai, said that more deals were in the pipeline for English football clubs because they were 'the key provider of digital content on media platforms worldwide'.

With Everton, Newcastle, West Ham, Portsmouth and potentially Liverpool now in the market, Staveley, who was quoted in The Financial Times, is believed close to securing new money for two of those clubs.

Everton, where Seymour Pierce executive chairman Keith Harris is working with chairman Bill Kenwright to sell the club, are top of her list and a takeover is expected by the end of the year.

But the admission of West Ham vice-chairman Asgeir Fridgeirsson that owner Bjorgolfur Gudmundsson is looking to sell the club after the bank which he owns collapsed, means that Staveley may also end up rescuing the east London club.

Staveley, who negotiated a deal to shore up Barclays Bank with Abu Dhabi and Qatar, has excellent contacts with both those royal families and that of Dubai.

Harris, who, as a former chief executive of HSBC and chairman of the Football League, understands the

Asian market and football better than most, believes that the majority of Middle East businessmen are looking for glamour rather than profits.

He said: 'I can't believe they're looking at investments on which they can make returns. I assume they don't have any unique knowledge that would enable them to do that. But I can see why they would want to own a club as a trophy.

'Some clubs have a real brand element to their attractiveness and some Middle Eastern entities are keen to use them for promotions, with the idea of clubs playing matches in their country and carrying the name of the state.

'But it's one thing paying £50m for a club, it's another paying £200m. No matter how much money you have, that takes it into the realm of trophy ownership.'

Harris warned that projected profits for selling football on the internet is still a speculative business proposition and he added: 'It is yet to be proved that football is a content for digital platform.

'It's something that the Liverpool owners have long since believed but is yet to be proved. I wouldn't even call that potential projected profit but projected revenue, because heaven knows what costs go in association with these things.

'In south-east Asia, the Premier League is a contest that drives a huge amount of interest in Malaysia, Thailand, China, Singapore, Hong Kong and you can understand how that works for revenue. The Premier League is important in the Middle East but the viewing figures are far lower because the population is far lower. The volume of watching numbers in China is pretty huge.

'It's no accident that matches are on at lunchtime in the UK, which is prime time in south-east Asia. We don't have matches on at 9am to satisfy the Middle East prime time.'

Harris is currently negotiating the sale of Newcastle United and this week confirmed that the race was now down to two serious bidders. But he warned that, in the current financial climate, it might take all season to finalise the deal.

• 1 month later...

I don't know how much truth is in it but there are rumours floating around saying that the club will be sold and that the deal is pretty much done (Qatar Royalty apparently - Qatar Investment Authority) and the sticking point is the final sale cost (apparently dependent on whether the stadium development goes ahead).

I don't know how much truth is in it but there are rumours floating around saying that the club will be sold and that the deal is pretty much done (Qatar Royalty apparently - Qatar Investment Authority) and the sticking point is the final sale cost (apparently dependent on whether the stadium development goes ahead).

I seen something about that on NSNO earlier from their owner (that's NSNO's owner, not Quatar Investment Authority :lol: ).

Would be interesting to know if there really was any truth in it, however I can't really see anyone wanting to purchase something like a Football club with the current financial markets.

I'm not holding my breath on this one.

Well it IS an investment authority for the country, and those Middle Eastern ones have billions in oil cash in reserve for investment to diversify the national income so there could be some truth in it.

Would be interesting to know if there really was any truth in it, however I can't really see anyone wanting to purchase something like a Football club with the current financial markets.

I'm not holding my breath on this one.

Not all industries have been hit badly by the "credit crunch".

With markets as they are now is a good time to buy if you have the reserves (rather than needing financial help). Certainly some shares are too low not to buy in some companies at present - so I can imagine there is some truth is football clubs being purchased, just not Everton :D

I would like to go with Everton Worshipper on this one. With the finanical market the way it is at the moment we could see Everton being taken-over. Even though it was only a rumour it would have been fantastic to have gotten someone like Ambani. I just hope that Everton dont get bought by someone who has more or less the same finances as BK. We need someone that can challenge Manchester City & Abu Dhabi. We need to be looking to the next 5-10 years and looking and what its going to take to survive. And its going to take money. We need money to survive and the quicker we get it the better.

Let's get ourselves sold B)

• 2 years later...