IGNORED

Up Front Problem.

Memmaclub

I have seen a lot of shouts for the youngsters to be brought in as the YAk Saha combo isn't working. But I actually disagree. Ok so they haven't scored when they played together but isn't this to do more with the whole team perfromance as chances have be scant in the games I have seen. I would also add if Yak scores lastsaturday (He hit the post) we would not be shouting for him to be dropped the guy is all about goals and so lets stick with them in a run against the lesser sides.

Yak had a cracking start to the season with 4/5 goals. I think stick with that team against fulham and we could be in for a 3-0 4-0 win.

Aj had a good first season and then fell away after injury now yak isn't struglling and he is the antichrist. It needs time the other option would be to play 1 up front and both cahill and fellani pushing on with a dedicated DM which at the moment is castillo which moyes doesn't like for some reason.

The Yak's problem right now is that he's playing as a left winger FFS. If it's Moyes telling him to play on the left then I'm worried, he should be in the box because that's where he's a threat. If it's Yak's choice to be playing from the left then someone needs to tell him to stop it, and fast.

I agree with Mark.

The postion he has been playing has not helped matters. He is either playing as a winger or is playing very deep in midfield. He would score more goals if he was actually played up front. Now that both Arteta and Pienaar are playing and Fellainiis up and running hopefully we can start utalising him better. He isn't playing awfully, he's just playing in the wrong part of the pitch.

I think part of the issue is that Moyes' natural instinct is to congest the midfield and maybe err on the side of caution. So even though he's made the tactical switch to 4-4-2 and he's not playing a holding midfielder every game which was probably the first position filled on the team sheet each week when Cars was at the club, he wants to see one or both strikers dropping back or, as you're saying with the Yak, pushing wide to allow Pienaar and Arteta to close the space in the centre of midfield. And why shouldn't strikers work back like that? Ok it might mean they score less goals, but it's a team game and with Fellaini coming good in the last few games, we suddenly look like we've got goals coming from all over the pitch.

Personally I'd like to see Moyes stick with this approach rather than go back to 4-5-1. Pick a midfield four from Arteta, Pienaar, Osman, Cahill and Fellaini, let the defense take care of themselves (as Moyes keeps pointing out, theyre all internationals, they should be good enough) and ask whichever strikers are picked to work back. I think there's goals aplenty in us, and if the strikers arent getting them, so what - it's up to them to work harder to match the midfield men. The great thing is is that he has the option to stick Rodwell or Castillo in the middle for a bit of cover and then ask the strikers to play right up top if need be. Hear that - Moyes has options! That's not something I expected to be able to say at start of season, but I think now everyone's back and fit the squad doesn't look too shabby at all and we're ready to put some results together.

Last season we dropped the Yak for a game. I would do the same against fulham. I am not sure what front line i would go with though. Vaughan and Saha maybe.

Tomorrow we should go with a Saha and Vaughan formation as of our front-men with Yakubu coming on looking for a late goal. We need to make him realise that yes, he's a good player, but were not afraid to drop him. Saha will come good after a few matches. He had a goal dissalowed against Bolton so he has shown he can score. We just need to get our attack thinking right. For me Saha and Vaughan.

I agree with Mark.

The postion he has been playing has not helped matters. He is either playing as a winger or is playing very deep in midfield. He would score more goals if he was actually played up front. Now that both Arteta and Pienaar are playing and Fellainiis up and running hopefully we can start utalising him better. He isn't playing awfully, he's just playing in the wrong part of the pitch.

The reason behind his form could be his position. Have seen him on the wing many times at Goodison (and away) and this could be to the fact that Moyes is making him play there. With his strength he could be used as a holding-striker. But he has shown that this is where he should not be. Yakubu is good at scoring goals so put him in a goalscoring position.