IGNORED

Should Arteta Be Dropped?

Memmaclub

I would love to but for the reasons as Jamie has already quoted, tho i do admit that arteta brings every move to a stop when the ball gets to him. Dont know why he stands still enticing the tackle then just getting himself in between the ball and the tackle just looking for free kicks. KEEP IT MOVING FFS AND GET THE BALL IN THE BOX.

Possibly could go with this midfield ..... Osman-Cahill-Castillo-Fellaini-Pienaar, but Davey doesnt seem to like Segundo.

WOULD DEFFO LEAVE HIM ON THE BENCH TO GIVE HIM A WAKE UP CALL he has been off form lately.

I would love to but for the reasons as Jamie has already quoted, tho i do admit that arteta brings every move to a stop when the ball gets to him. Dont know why he stands still enticing the tackle then just getting himself in between the ball and the tackle just looking for free kicks. KEEP IT MOVING FFS AND GET THE BALL IN THE BOX.

Possibly could go with this midfield ..... Osman-Cahill-Castillo-Fellaini-Pienaar, but Davey doesnt seem to like Segundo.

WOULD DEFFO LEAVE HIM ON THE BENCH TO GIVE HIM A WAKE UP CALL he has been off form lately.

He's been off form for 18 months. But we don't seem to wan't to replace him. Your optionn for midfield seems ok. But at the moment I would be reluctant to change a winning team.

I personally think that Arteta is not that great a player, he had a good run when he first arrived but does very little else. He's a bit like Morten Gamst Pederson. He shows glimpses of genius and every football fan thinks he's brilliant but people who watch him week in week out realise that he isn't really all that.

A show like MOTD make him look a better player than he actually is.

Apparently a lazy bastard in training.

I'm not particular about how they look in training, as long as they can do it on the day of the match.

As far as i'm concerned he looked a better player than Fellaini when he played, so if he had the same run as Mo to get him up to speed he could be a very good player, has only played Twice and has got more Votes in the MOTM thread than some players who have had ten games, And he scored a cracking goal. I think he deserves a run of 3 games to see what he's like.

I'm not particular about how they look in training, as long as they can do it on the day of the match.

As far as i'm concerned he looked a better player than Fellaini when he played, so if he had the same run as Mo to get him up to speed he could be a very good player, has only played Twice and has got more Votes in the MOTM thread than some players who have had ten games, And he scored a cracking goal. I think he deserves a run of 3 games to see what he's like.

Well I imagine he'll come into the fray when Fella is out against the Hammers, wait and see how he performs then.

It still amazes me why Castillo isn't playing. I heard a rumour that it was a hamstring injury, it must be one smashed hamstring if he's not even on the bench. I'm hoping we can see Fellaini more in our own box over the coming games - we can't really complain about him but he would be better in the box-to-box role he was bought for.

I agree with Mark on this one. He made some improvement but he's still not up to the standard that he was. He's going too much like Lescott. He's slowing down our attacks and making no use of the ball when he has it, since Blackburn he's been woeful. He is low on confidence like the whole team but he needs to dig himself out of it and get on with playing football.

Woulden't mind giving corners to Neville and maybe giving free-kicks to Baines. He's a defender but I can recall some of his great free-kicks for Wigan. Remember the one against United? I would like to see Leighton replace Lescott and take the free-kicks.

NO shudnt be dropped, sure his crosses and corners and free kicks are shite, other than that he is a decent player, slows the game down a bit and holds the ball up, i just wish he'd fukin SHOOT!

and who the hell could replace him,...... shandy andy?

Edited by TOFFEE_BOY

NO shudnt be dropped, sure his crosses and corners and free kicks are shite, other than that he is a decent player, slows the game down a bit and holds the ball up, i just wish he'd fukin SHOOT!

and who the hell could replace him,...... shandy andy?

Arteta's main threats are dead ball situations, which are shit at present so he is playing shit and should be dropped.

Put Arteta on the bench, put Rodwell in the middle with Pienaar and Osman winging it and Fellaini and/or Cahill pushing forward from Midfield.

I can understand why Moyes wants Lescott for his height but I think he's even been poor in the air of late so Baines should get that solid run in and should be taking a lot of the dead balls for Arteta.

If we can't afford to bench him, then it would be at least good to sub Arteta out in one of the upcoming fixtures.

If we had a decent squad we could have benched most off the team this season, with the exeption of Jags, and possibly Fellaini and Neville.

None of the others have played anywhere near their form but they know Moyes wont drop them, Yakubu would be my 1st choice to sit on the bench, 9 games without a goal and he looks like he could'nt give a shite. :angry:

If we had a decent squad we could have benched most off the team this season, with the exeption of Jags, and possibly Fellaini and Neville.

None of the others have played anywhere near their form but they know Moyes wont drop them, Yakubu would be my 1st choice to sit on the bench, 9 games without a goal and he looks like he could'nt give a shite. :angry:

TBH I wouldn't bench Osman either as he is very good for our team - as recognised by Moyes too judging by comments on OS.

Hibbert, Lescott, Arteta and the Yak should all be benched for west ham. Neville, Baines, Pienaar, and Vaughan can deal with wham much easier, and be much more of a threat going forward. Arteta has been too slow, and his skill is undermined by his finishing. We've relied on him too much and it's starting to show. He needs a game off.

I can understand why Moyes wants Lescott for his height but I think he's even been poor in the air of late so Baines should get that solid run in and should be taking a lot of the dead balls for Arteta.

If we can't afford to bench him, then it would be at least good to sub Arteta out in one of the upcoming fixtures.

Leighton has been poor in the games that I've seen him but then again he hasn't played that many. I would like to see him replace Lescott. Woulden't mind giving Nuno a go at the left back role.

Yakubu is lazy and knows it. He's not challenged for a place so he knows that he can be. When he's on form he's brilliant but at the moment he's just not performing and coulden't care less about it. He needs to be dropped.

Moyes hasn' go the balls to drop Spuddy.

But it all comes down to this. Moyes just won't do it.