IGNORED

Are We Really Missing Carsley?

Memmaclub

My opinion is we would be playing like this if carsley was in the team or not he was ok at his job but not as good as we are making out now he is gone.

I know quotes have been made about his form since he went to brum but really does anyone beleive he didn't need replacing and could still hack it at prem level

It got results though Sheedy, Yes carsley is missed because we havent got anybody who can do the job as well as he did it, Carsley would be there just in front of the back 4 and he would follow the ball right across the pitch left to right, and none of the centre backs had to come out of position to tackle and leave spaces behind like they are this season. For all the talk about Fellaini being a great box to box player , i dont see it. He plays too far up the field and is never in front of the back four when he needs to be, and that is the reason why we are shipping goals left right and centre.

It got results though Sheedy, Yes carsley is missed because we havent got anybody who can do the job as well as he did it, Carsley would be there just in front of the back 4 and he would follow the ball right across the pitch left to right, and none of the centre backs had to come out of position to tackle and leave spaces behind like they are this season. For all the talk about Fellaini being a great box to box player , i dont see it. He plays too far up the field and is never in front of the back four when he needs to be, and that is the reason why we are shipping goals left right and centre.

We did well with Carsley in our team but now he is gone we need to stop thinking about him and move on. We can blame many things on our poor form, Carsley being one of them. But he's only one factor so were not really missing Carsley much.

With the good results of late we should be able to move on without him. Fellaini is getting better in the team and could be the ideal replacement. He can score, and with his height he can get high for those crosses/long balls/clearances. Once we have our confidence we will start to believe that out squad is just as good Carsely-free.

We did well with Carsley in our team but now he is gone we need to stop thinking about him and move on. We can blame many things on our poor form, Carsley being one of them. But he's only one factor so were not really missing Carsley much.

With the good results of late we should be able to move on without him. Fellaini is getting better in the team and could be the ideal replacement. He can score, and with his height he can get high for those crosses/long balls/clearances. Once we have our confidence we will start to believe that out squad is just as good Carsely-free.

I agree Dark, thats in an attacking role, but imo he still does'nt give enough protection to the back four.

We are missing Carsley, but you also have to consider how much longer he could perform at the top level. He seems to have been of the opinion that he couldn't.

He is still doing well in Championship, but the level is lowered.

I loved Carsley, but this side needs to be factored in.

We miss a player of the role, that much is obvious, whether Carsley himself would still be the answer is slightly debateable.

We are missing Carsley, but you also have to consider how much longer he could perform at the top level. He seems to have been of the opinion that he couldn't.

We miss a player of the role, that much is obvious, whether Carsley himself would still be the answer is slightly debateable.

That's my view too. I don't think it's Carsley we miss but more that we miss having a proper defensive midfielder.

It was Moyes who thought he couldnt by only offering a one year extension, Cars wanted a two year deal.

But you still have to ask yourself, if you let one go why not replace with like for like, He's brought in two players who are supposed to be great Box to Box players, one (Castillo) is not getting played, and the other (Fellaini) only works in one box.

It was Moyes who thought he couldnt by only offering a one year extension, Cars wanted a two year deal.

But you still have to ask yourself, if you let one go why not replace with like for like, He's brought in two players who are supposed to be Box to Box players, one (Castillo) is not getting played, and the other (Fellaini) only works in one box.

It still amazes me why Castillo isn't playing. I heard a rumour that it was a hamstring injury, it must be one smashed hamstring if he's not even on the bench. I'm hoping we can see Fellaini more in our own box over the coming games - we can't really complain about him but he would be better in the box-to-box role he was bought for.

Ok so if we've lost a good defensive midfielder then that would explain why we've only kept one clean sheet since April but then why aren't we scoring as many?

Its all fairly related. Without the holding role in midfield the rest of our midfielders have to take on certain defensive responsabilities that were not there before. The knock on effect is that our midfield sits deeper than we did previously.

Plus the loss of AJ is more important than people realise, he's running caused alot of problems and would open up holes for other players to play in, such as Yak.

Alot of reasons really, can't really pin it to one specific thing.

Ok so if we've lost a good defensive midfielder then that would explain why we've only kept one clean sheet since April but then why aren't we scoring as many?

We are, at this exact time last year we had 10 league games, 2 euro games, and a 3rd rnd cup game, in all those games our goal tally was 20 - 16. This year we have had exactly the same league, euro, and cup match and our goal tally is 17 - 24.

If you just go on the league games alone last year was 13 - 13, this year its 15 - 19 we are scoring just a few more but leaking a lot more, also this time last year Lescott had already scored five times. :o i think stats make a point that opposing teams are getting to our back line far too easily.

Must be why it was once said 'there's lies, damned lies and statistics'

The really interesting stat (that I just saw Rhino quoting on the OS) is that, despite the dreadful start we've had, we're only a point behind where we were after ten games last season :) .

Decent run and we're right back in it.

The really interesting stat (that I just saw Rhino quoting on the OS) is that, despite the dreadful start we've had, we're only a point behind where we were after ten games last season :) .

Decent run and we're right back in it.

Well we are in 7th after all, its not as if were in the bottom half struggling like Tottenham, Newcastle, Bolton, Wigan & Stoke. We are in the top half, even if the points don't mean much now and in a few games we could look strong and start to challenge for UEFA. Manchester City are 10th and they've got billions at thier hands. Were not that bad off ATM..

..and were only eleven points off Chelsea ;)