IGNORED

Government Petition

adamsmith69

Just got a email back from the government saying:

You signed a petition asking the Prime Minister to "‘call in’ plans by Tesco and Everton to redevelop Kirkby Town Centre (Knowsley MBC 08/00001/HYB)."

The Prime Minister's Office has responded to that petition and you can view it here:

http://www.number10.gov.uk/Page17532

Sorry i am not a cumputer buff so dont know how to post the actual link but you can type it in.

• 2 weeks later...

Patto, if you were in favour of Kirkby, then please don't have any high hopes for it to go through. The inquiry has gone on for 10 days now and during those days I wouldn't say TEV (Tesco/Everton) have come out on top once. The official site keep on reporting what happens but omit the details where they are cross examined.

There are even objectors who say that KMBC leasing what is currently green belt land to Everton for a stadium is not 'best value' and could even be illegal.

Kirkby was never the answer anyway and hopefully this will become clear in the near future.

plus i think the keep everton in our city group have already created a division amongst our fans hence the fall off of our support

you dont think the club have anything to do with the division of the fans, nothing to do with all the lies they told us? the division to me is basically people who still believe the lies (even after they have been publically revealed) and people who dont.

and the major fall off of support has to be down to whats happening on the pitch, when were winning games the attendances go up, when were not winning they go down. its always been that way.

getting a new stadium for 78 million compared to 200million is good business in my book....

what your saying is we carnt afford 78 million.... whats the alternative then if we carnt afford that..... surely not the right move.... just look at what that is costing the shite.....

the only alternative in my book is stay at a crapy Goodison park.....

when you talk about the lies stevo you make out we are all thick because we dont see your point of view.... well my point of view is...

If your running a business you say what you say to get things done...

Especially if you have a customer base like ours.... Im not stupid stevo I just live in the real world where to get things done you have to please everyone....

so ill tell you 78million for a shiney new stadium is cheap. It will prob cost us in the region of 150million im fully aware of that....they carnt exactly come out and say that can they..... especially as we dont have money for signings...

At the end of the day Kirkby is dead in the water now......are only choice now is a ground share with the shite....

then again there is allways the loop oh yea and whats the cost of that 78million my arse

I don't think your comments on £150m are far of the mark either to be honest. Some fans will feel betrayed that the club originally said they would be effectively free and the price has risen dramatically since then.

There are several options available to EFC in my opinion:

* Slow incremental Goodison redevelopment as and when it can be afforded.

* Ground share with another company (not specifically LFC, it could be an events company like Kings Dock would have been and money brought in from events)

* Allow a third party company to build a stadium and lease it back to EFC (Peel Holdings were interested in 2006).

If a new owner could be found then it would obviously unlock other possibilities.

I don't agree with this mentality that a new owner will only come in after we have a new stadium.....personally I think the best thing EFC can do at this point is focus on the football.....the more games we win the more fans turn up....the better we do in the league the better our chances at europe...the better we do in europe the more players will want to play for us...the betetr players we get the better the team more shirt sales bigger fan base more revenue and so on and so forth...

losing to wigan isn't exactly going to get us loads more fans, but I think if we focus on getting 5th this year and acheive it, and make the most out of the FA cup we stand a much better chance at procuring revenue...

More to the point if a billionaire sees how well everton is doing and the prospect of how well they could do in the future they will invest in us....stadium or no stadium...

I don't think your comments on £150m are far of the mark either to be honest. Some fans will feel betrayed that the club originally said they would be effectively free and the price has risen dramatically since then.

There are several options available to EFC in my opinion:

* Slow incremental Goodison redevelopment as and when it can be afforded.

* Ground share with another company (not specifically LFC, it could be an events company like Kings Dock would have been and money brought in from events)

* Allow a third party company to build a stadium and lease it back to EFC (Peel Holdings were interested in 2006).

If a new owner could be found then it would obviously unlock other possibilities.

Thank that a new owner would be a good thing so long as he has the money. If we just get someone with a similar bank to BK then there's no point in him investing. To compete in the Premiership we need to have the funds and start to look to the future. In future years teams will get owned like Manchester City and we need to realise that and try and compete. We need a big owner, Ambani was the best we could have got.

getting a new stadium for 78 million compared to 200million is good business in my book....

what your saying is we carnt afford 78 million.... whats the alternative then if we carnt afford that..... surely not the right move.... just look at what that is costing the shite.....

the only alternative in my book is stay at a crapy Goodison park.....

when you talk about the lies stevo you make out we are all thick because we dont see your point of view.... well my point of view is...

If your running a business you say what you say to get things done...

Especially if you have a customer base like ours.... Im not stupid stevo I just live in the real world where to get things done you have to please everyone....

so ill tell you 78million for a shiney new stadium is cheap. It will prob cost us in the region of 150million im fully aware of that....they carnt exactly come out and say that can they..... especially as we dont have money for signings...

At the end of the day Kirkby is dead in the water now......are only choice now is a ground share with the shite....

then again there is allways the loop oh yea and whats the cost of that 78million my arse

im not making out anyone is thick, but if you dont see the lies as an issue i dont understand you. the stadium was sold to us on lies. the old regimes lies, but thankfully that prick has gone now.

78m compared to 200m isnt necessarilly great business, not when we wont own it anyway.

would you pay a third of a landlords building costs then rent the house back from him?

i dont get where your coming from on that one mate?

city handed over maine road to the council, and now rent the COM stadium. a stadium which cost them nothing and is pretty close to the centre of a major city.

if LCC would build a stadium, take GP off our hands and rent the stadium then thats a better view point.

GP and maine road are/were probably similar in value (about 5-6m i believe they value GP)

and the 200m left to spend on the team is helped a lot when your owned by one of the richest consortiums in the world, which we are not, and will probably not be in the near future. we are not based in an attractive part of the country, we dont have people crying out for executive seats.