IGNORED

New Forum Logo.

Bill

We will shortly be giving The forum a much needed facelift and we would like to ask any members who are comfortable working on paint shop, photo shop, and the like, to have a go at designing a new Logo for the Forum, It would be nice to try to keep Ruperts Tower as part of the new one, but its not an absolute necessity.

Design as many as you like and post them into this thread, if you wish to keep it private then PM or Email any admin with the finished article.

We would ask you not to make them any taller than the one we have, but theres nothing wrong with it being a bit longer.

Just like to thank anybody who joins in the spirit of things, and takes time out to get involved. cheers.

Bill.

I'm not that well with doing this stuff so I would unfortunatly be unable to help. The only thing I can say is if we are changing the whole forum's look and not just the logo could we try and keep it the same style as it is? The thing that drove me away from NSNO (within a day) was the messyness and the whole amatuer look of the place, I like this forum because its neat, tidy and looks like a proper forum. So if we were going to change it around could we just think about colour schemes? Because I get the feeling, if it's not broke don't fix it :)

Yeah i hear what your saying Dark and to put all your fears to rest, i would like to inform our members that the Admin are not thinking of making wholesale changes, its mainly the Forum Logo and possibly (only possibly) a slight modification in the Colouring.

Think the layout has always been clean and Tidy and as you said, if it works leave it alone. I'm sure there are a few good designers amongst our Members who could come up with an updated, smart looking Logo. :)

Thanks for that Bill :)

I do like the colours that we are already using but I guess that we could change as it does look like the normal board colour that the forum's use. If we get someone good to get a nice colour scheme behind it and sort out another logo. I looked at this forum a couple of years back (never joined) and when I finally did join (21st August 2008) it was the same.

Seeing as it's near Christmas will the forum have a Christmas look?

id say anyone who designs a logo email it to one of the mod/admin team, rather than post it on here.

no point having a relaunch/re-branding if everyone knows whats coming. just my opinion.

Should we not be able to vote on what we think is the best logo? That way we would get the majority seeing the forum the way they want it and would mean that most of the people on here would be happy with the change :)

Rubecula .......... Thanks but you didnt read the thread properly.

"We would ask you not to make them any taller than the one we have, but theres nothing wrong with it being a bit longer".

Aaron .... its a bit outdated.

Steve ..... They wont know whats coming, we will discuss and pick from a shortlist in the staff room, and i already asked to send to admin/mods if they wish to keep it private, i think they hear what we're saying.

Dark ........ there's 5 admin and 7 mods, plus the site owner who should make that decision, it may not please everybody but then again neither does our present one. :)

There was the suggestion a while back that we should have some car stickers printed up, maybe we could do that once we decide on the logo so the winning designer (if we decide to change) gets to see their work printed.

Just a thought...I'm not saying it'll deffo happen....just me thinking out loud, not mod policy :P .

Maybe we wont need a vote, seeing as none have been entered yet we could end up with the same one. :)

And i give the same reply to Scouse as i gave to Dark, 5 Admin, 7 moderators, and the site owner should make any decision. Nobody voted for the one we have now, it was put on there by the owner when the site was formed 6 years ago and he was the only member. :)