IGNORED

Joey's Off..............

Pat

Good post

Modern footballers are greedy bastards really

How are they any different to you or I?

If another company down the road head hunted you and offered you more money, bigger office, company car etc etc - wouldn't you at least consider it..and probably, 99 times out of 100, you'd swap companies..woudln't you?!?!?!

People are only loyal to Families and Money - and that may be a bitter pill to swallow but its the truth.

The days of working for a company all your life because they looked after you have long gone - the fact is no employer wants to look after its employees unless there is something in it for them.

BK will always be more than willing to look after players because he is ALWAYS more than willing to sell them. No player stays at a club unless it pays well and is successful (Gary Neville, Man U) or he is forced out (R. Fowler, RS).

If man U were shite and had not much money - would Beckham and Co have stayed for so long?!

I Seriously doubt it.

If the company you work for now told you that you would never get a pay rise and it was never going to grow or look for a better future, wouldn't you leave?

I've gone round the houses a bit, but my point is basically this - footballers are branded as greedy when in fact their morales are no different to ours. The only difference is that they are in the public eye.

and remember - they may get £30k a week - but for how long do they get that money?

take cahill for example.

£33k a week now - but he is 26. He was 5 years left, of which 3yrs he will be on similar money - but before now and after another 3 yrs, his money will drop and drop.

At 30-33 he will retire and have to live the other 40-50 yrs of his life hoping that his football pension and savings do alright. (no doubt that they will but....)

the saying 'make hey whilst the sun shines' is true in all walks of life and everyone takes advantage whilst they can - footballers are no different.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good post

Modern footballers are greedy bastards really

I dont agree, if you were offered a position doing the same job you do now but for a company who won bigger contracts, worked with international clients and could offer you double your salery for doing basicaly the same job would you go?

I would!

Edited by GoldfishMemory

I think your both 99% on the sentiment but were talking about £20,000 to anything up to £90,000 a week. It's a hell of a lot of money that you can live comfortably off for the rest of your life at the bottom end of the scale. God don't get me started i nearly brought up that twat who left us.

By the way is it me or is it like everybody in the media/world has forgotten he used to actually play for us. It seems like the Mancs get the plaudits for develloping him? :angry:

I think your both 99% on the sentiment but were talking about £20,000 to anything up to £90,000 a week. It's a hell of a lot of money that you can live comfortably off for the rest of your life at the bottom end of the scale. God don't get me started i nearly brought up that twat who left us.

By the way is it me or is it like everybody in the media/world has forgotten he used to actually play for us. It seems like the Mancs get the plaudits for develloping him?  :angry:

Forget Shrek - its over.....

In terms of the money - yes its enough to tie them over for the rest of their days - of course it is - but you have to remember that they indulge whilst the money is coming in.

For example - if you earn £20,000 a year now, you probably have a little house and the rest is in a savings account or pissed up the wall. Say in 10 yrs time your working life ends.

Can you still live in your little house, with a little fiesta etc.etc. The answer is no, its nigh on impossible to keep the quality of life you are used to and its extremely difficult to change your lifestyle. thats why we keep on working.

Footballers - they earn £30k a week - its a lot of money - but...they live to the £30k a week lifestyle. So what happens when it stops - they cant live to that life style anymore and they struggle (hard to believe I know).

Look at Mark Ward - he was on £1,300 a week in 1992 - that was A LOT of money back then and he lived the life style!!! but then when he hung up his boots he had nothing and that is the same for many a footballer. So you can not blame them for stock piling as much as they can now...

Irrelevant of the amount of money, the morales and motivations of footballers are no different to those of normal people, working 'harder' for a living.

Donty forget we are talking in millions for one season, you put a million pounds in the bank and you will never have to work again.

Thats just for one season imagine a million pounds going into the bank every year for 10 years. :blink:

You can live any lifestyle you like, and you could'nt spend it.

Even our players on 30 grand a week are close to 2million a year.

THE OLD DAYS ARE LONG GONE.

1ST Div............................£80 POUNDS PER WEEK.

2ND Div...........................£60............................

3RD DIV..Nth & Sth...........£40............................

and in the summer (close season) they got paid a reduced rate.

Football has slowly deteriated since they abolished the maximum wage, and will never be the same again now that the TV companys run the Show.

Guest fozzie22
How are they any different to you or I?

If another company down the road head hunted you and offered you more money, bigger office, company car etc etc - wouldn't you at least consider it..and probably, 99 times out of 100, you'd swap companies..woudln't you?!?!?!

People are only loyal to Families and Money - and that may be a bitter pill to swallow but its the truth.

The days of working for a company all your life because they looked after you have long gone - the fact is no employer wants to look after its employees unless there is something in it for them.

BK will always be more than willing to look after players because he is ALWAYS more than willing to sell them. No player stays at a club unless it pays well and is successful (Gary Neville, Man U) or he is forced out (R. Fowler, RS).

If man U were shite and had not much money - would Beckham and Co have stayed for so long?!

I Seriously doubt it.

If the company you work for now told you that you would never get a pay rise and it was never going to grow or look for a better future, wouldn't you leave?

I've gone round the houses a bit, but my point is basically this - footballers are branded as greedy when in fact their morales are no different to ours. The only difference is that they are in the public eye.

and remember - they may get £30k a week - but for how long do they get that money?

take cahill for example.

£33k a week now - but he is 26. He was 5 years left, of which 3yrs he will be on similar money - but before now and after another 3 yrs, his money will drop and drop.

At 30-33 he will retire and have to live the other 40-50 yrs of his life hoping that his football pension and savings do alright. (no doubt that they will but....)

the saying 'make hey whilst the sun shines' is true in all walks of life and everyone takes advantage whilst they can - footballers are no different.

Sorry bud,but it doesnt wash..the old argument of "well they only do it for x number of years" is crap really.

The money players are on now is a scandal,and if you support it well thats you're view,IMO its the wrong view but hey thats why the world is in such a state greedy bastrds who want to rake money in for themselves andd think of no other.

If all of us who post here regularly pooled a years cash and put it in a pot,it would'nt cover someone like shrek,beckham et al monthly wages,now if you feel thats fair well good for you,i dont..people are starving in the world and dying from common illness's but still so long as some underducated fuckwit from the back streets of toxteth or wherever gets his massive wage to send his daft slag of a girlfriend shopping then all is well.

No its not,football is a pastime,it wont cure cancer,the common cold,AIDS,or other illness that need cash for research,no leemings wander off to see thier "heroes2 on a saturday afternoon,running around doing fuck all but kick a ball about and getting paid a kings ranson(in the PL at least)..but because they retire at 33-34 it makes them special cases??

Does it fuck.

Guest fozzie22

And i'll say it again footballers are greedy bastrds "because" they are in the publics eyes

The last time i checked i didnt have an agent,you know to go to asda and do my "contract" talks over my shopping.

Parasites the fucking lot of them.

Agree with Fozzie on this one they have a certain life span yes to the age 33-34 but if I had the money they had I would happily retire to my golf course. Because of their fame they could easy get work elsewhere Skysports, Radio shows, Celebrity appearances etc.

If they have half a brain they would invest the money wisely look at Robbie Fowler one of the richest footballers down to properties he has purchased over the years.

As Rowlo said its not just footballs who are gready we all are its just that they are in the spot light.

Guest fozzie22
Reports today that Yobo is happy to stay.

Well depending on how you read what he has come out and said.

Its on main Everton website.

Says talks are on going and if they sort something out he is very happy to stay.

Time will tell i suppose..i do seem to recall jug ears saying he was happy to stay then he fucked off to the arse..so i take press reports and website reports for that matter with a large pinch of salt,untill a deal is done.

I agree Fozzie.

Just before the weekend he was meant to have been saying he was happy to stay and then I read the paper on Sunday and it says from a source close to him that he is not happy with the offer and its our fault that he has not signed as we not improving the offer.