IGNORED

Midfield Problems

I know this post is a little late but I went to see Everton v Wigan away and was very disapointed with Fellaini. For someone his size to lose out on so many headers was dissapointing to say the least. He missed tackles and only seems to have one gear - slow. I understand that he might need time to settle in but in my opinion he shouldnt be starting!! I would rather see Rodwell playing. An average wigan center midfield made us look so poor. Some of you will disagree but in my opinion Felaini is not worth 15million!!! Not by a long shot!

Fellaini and cahill together just doesnt work either!! Cahill is one of our best players but he is neither a right winger nor a holding midfielder. Against Wigan he was either defending or putting in crosses instead of providing his usual goal threat because felaini was taking up his usual position! Without jags and howard we would have lost that game by 2 or 3 goals! I cant remember the amount of times that Neville got the ball at right back to find nobody on the right side as cahill naturally drifted inside.

This season our problems have been midfield and i think we need to play a natural holding midfielder and let Cahill get up to his usual late arriving goals especially now we are lacking upfront!! Just a quick note also to say that Jags has been amazing this season and I hope he gets a deserved England call up again. He is turning into a great player with the potential to wear the captains armband at Everton.

Howard

Hibbert Jags Yobo Lescott

Rodwell / Neville

Arteta Osman Piennar

Cahill

Anichebe

Before that game he'd been imposing himself on games better; winning headers and hustling the opposition. His poor performance against Wigan was probably down to the groin injury that made him a major doubt for the game. Against Spurs he was back to being very much improved and by all accounts dominated against the Spurs CM's. I do agree that he's not worth £15million and I said it as soon as he signed, but I think you're being a bit harsh on him because he has been getting better and better.

I also agree about Cahill and Fellaini not working too well together, Moyes seems to just be trying to force as many players into the formation as possible without giving thought to the balance of the side.

i agree with last two posts it takes time to settle with some players ive said it before you have to look at players like trevor steven inchy and dare i say it barmby (twat) who all took time to settle in and at the time the last two were are record transfers lets just see how he goes he is improving we have to remember also the whole team have been below par in most games this season but i like this kid he will get better

Slow down... we've only really seen fellaini and cahill together in a 4 man mid - let's judge how they play in a 5 man mid - it seemed to work against spurs. We all know cahill plays best in a 5 so should fellaini be the scape-goat when it's 442, why not cahill?

Our mid will prob be ossie...arteta...fellaini...cahill...pienaar for the next few games, in my opinion ossie is the weak link there, put arteta back out on the wing and add a class def mid to the 5, then we've got a very strong midfield with ossie on the bench who we all know is excellent back-up.

Give fellaini and cahill a chance in the 5 and lets also get behind big vic up top as we don't have many other options at the mo. Anichebe's going to miss a few chances but he may be all we have until jan. COYB!!!

...oh yeah just to add, fellaini looked very slow against wigan and we made that cattermole look a good player but when on the ball fellaini still looked one of our (very poor) better players - shite performance apart from howard.

Edited by c1982

I know this post is a little late but I went to see Everton v Wigan away and was very disapointed with Fellaini. For someone his size to lose out on so many headers was dissapointing to say the least. He missed tackles and only seems to have one gear - slow. I understand that he might need time to settle in but in my opinion he shouldnt be starting!! I would rather see Rodwell playing. An average wigan center midfield made us look so poor. Some of you will disagree but in my opinion Felaini is not worth 15million!!! Not by a long shot!

Howard

Hibbert Jags Yobo Lescott

Rodwell / Neville

Arteta Osman Piennar

Cahill

Anichebe

How you can make a comment on Fellaini in midfield when he has blatantly been miles better than cahill and then to even suggest Neville in midfield and Hibbert rightback is a joke, I know its your opinion and I know that but come on mate Fellaini is 20 years old and has played in totally differant league most his life, not only that he's probably been our best midfielder since he came into the team, he has got amazing composure for someone of that age and he hardly gives the ball away (wigan excluded because moyes probably played him when he wasn't 100 fit)

hes already got us the draw against united followed by the win against bolton that kick started the run to get us up to the top half of the table

hes gonna be awesome and i have every faith in him just takes time i mean i would understand if he was 25 or so gettin at him for not settling in quicker but hes a kid

i think the problem is people saw him as carsley's replacement and hes really not that at all and thats where moyes should be playin castillo who looked good when he did play and hopefully will do now with us bein forced into 4-5-1

can we establish that if fellaini is good, he'll cost £15M currently his price is £4M only. the other 11M is installments and success fee's.

its too easy to pick on Fellaini, the guy is trying his best, if you want scapegoats, Cahill and Arteta Havent performed this season. while both did well vs spurs, thats only one occasion they have turned up.

be Patient, Those who remember last year and we were worried about the Yak being a flop...