IGNORED

Waterfront Stadium?

Romey 1878

Yeah Mark but i'm sure they look like the original drawings for the kings dock project, might be wrong tho. ;)

If they are then someone's gone to a lot of trouble to re-draw them to fit between Collingwood and Trafalgar Docks :huh: .

I don't have the local geographical knowledge of most of you but that deffo ain't the Kings Dock footprint.

The stadiums look very different, Kings Dock had a glass façade on the exterior. I think the only similar aspect is the capacity - 55,000.

The new train station proposal is interesting, it's something I'd like to see regardless.. if only for the Stanley Dock market ;)

I'm not keen on the Stanley Dock warehouse becoming a sports club, I always felt it should become a hotel or apartments once cleared up.

A001219.jpg

...and Mike you can place those drawings anywhere, even on an industrial estate in Kirkby. :)

But the docks are an integral part of the drawing Bill....if it was purely a stadium plan you'd have a point, but you can't put Trafalgar Dock in Kirkby....someone might notice :) .

Or are you suggesting that an architect has made up a drawing of the docks and dropped the old stadium design into it? What would be the point in that?

But the docks are an integral part of the drawing Bill....if it was purely a stadium plan you'd have a point, but you can't put Trafalgar Dock in Kirkby....someone might notice :) .

Or are you suggesting that an architect has made up a drawing of the docks and dropped the old stadium design into it? What would be the point in that?

Now would i do that, ;) but if you dont know the docks they are all of a similar layout, you could put a plan of a stadium anywhere along the seven miles of docklands and they would all look the same.

I think the location is excellent (unless global warming will see it flooded!), the design is a bit iffy and looks like a blue St. Marys.

What's the relevance of the "time of the release"?

With a public inquiry ongoing to Everton FC's stadium why is this suddenly leaked to nsno.co.uk? To coin a phrase, "to put a cat amongst the pigeons".

the problem with the stanly dock warehouse is its a white elephant will never be used for anything...only 6foot headroom on all floors it would be to expensive to convert...plus for them that dont know its about a mile from kings dock the other side of the three graces as they are called going north towards bootle.three graces ie liver buildings.

Multi storey Car Park. ???

Why do you all seem to be getting so excited? Its another very basic drawing placed onto a basic map... Its more than likely just an old design dug up to throw in the wooden spoon a bit....

LCC by any chance? but then again why would they leak it to nsno? more likely a................... "fan"

Edited by DangerMouse

Its another very basic drawing placed onto a basic map...

I'd take issue with that. It's much more than "a very basic drawing" and the fact that it was done by brh (bradshaw rowse harker >>LINK<<) shows that it's a serious idea.

Don't think it can be dismissed quite so easily, someone (as I said earlier) has spent more than a little money on it.

I'd take issue with that. It's much more than "a very basic drawing" and the fact that it was done by brh (bradshaw rowse harker >>LINK<<) shows that it's a serious idea.

Don't think it can be dismissed quite so easily, someone (as I said earlier) has spent more than a little money on it.

Oh dear, I am going to take issue with your issue.

The drawing is basic, I can do better than that and I am no architect. If that is the standard of their work then remind me not to use their services. If you handed that in to the council then they would likely laugh at you.

It doesn't (to me anyway) show it as a serious idea, more someone at BRH was bored one day and had a doodle.

Update : 8th December 2008, 10:00pm : These images, after much investigation, have been found to have been drawn up by the previous owners of the land, prior to Peel Holdings buyng the entire Liverpool Waterfront, as part of their potential plans for redeveloping the area a number of years ago. Judging by the fact that they included a stadium, they clearly felt that the site could cope with a 55,000 seater stadium.

What we have all seen is a very basic CONCEPT DRAWING... thats it. Its like scribbling your ideas down on a piece of paper..... just tarted up a bit.....

Just compare it to the Kings Dock CONCEPT DRAWING

The fact that it seems like an old proposal anyway means its been ruled out at some point..... Was it even a stadium for Everton?????

I hope we are looking at alternatives but if you carnt see whats going on here...............Its already been posted a few times.... the timing is just a little to convenient

Guest efctaxi

It is a perfect location .

Next time we miss out on 4th spot , we can simply hurl ourselves straight into the mersey at full time instead of taking it to the bridge :P

Wouldn't it be great though ? If only ............