IGNORED

Saha - I Must Be Missing Something

Memmaclub

Pro's None

Con's Very Injury Prone and Looks Average and is 30

Saha only scored goals in a Man U team with an amazing midfield My Nan could have done the same.

I put him in the same box as Andy Cole + Alan Smith looked good at man u due to the players around him now he is at everton he doesn't have the same effect at all.

The only reason moyes went for him was because he had to replace AJ and Saha was cheap and the fact he has played in the prem disguised the fact that he was injury prone and utter tripe.

Saha only scored goals in a Man U team with an amazing midfield My Nan could have done the same.

What you're missing in that is nearly a goal in every two games over three and a half seasons at Fulham, including fifteen at the start of the 2004/5 (in twenty two games) that persuaded ManU to buy him in the window.

Can't remember the Fulham midfield off the top of my head but I'm pretty sure your nan wasn't in it....she may have improved it :P .

I would not say he looks like a striker on form but to dismiss the bloke so far is not very fair or logical. He has come into a new team from a long term injury so expecting him to score an abundance of goals from the word go is abit naive apart from that he has looked the better player out of our forward line so far, he puts in a decent shift and as said in other topics he has not had the best service from our midfield so far.

We all know that his fitness is an issue but he is a natural goalscorer who is costing us next to nothing if he can keep fit and our team can supply the chances im sure he will get the goals.

Pro's - Natural goalscorer with a proven record, 30 is not exacly old in footballing terms, Cost next to nothing, Has a good work rate.

Con's - Injury & Fitness record and the reason i say record is it may not be the case with us this could be the only time he's out of action for us and United are notoriously known for giving players long rest periods due to injury/s.

Edited by EFC-Paul

I put him in the same box as Andy Cole + Alan Smith looked good at man u due to the players around him now he is at everton he doesn't have the same effect at all.

i wish he was as good as Cole!

one of the best strikers the prem has ever had. at united he got 93 goals in 195 games, at newcastle he got 55 goals in 70 games, even down at bristol city he got 21 in 40.

and smith, im sure saha is better than smith, by far.

Saha was free (don't know what he gets weekly).He has a good touch, and has proved he can score goals......Moyes probably thought he was worth a go!

One spin off that could come from having him around, could be Anichebe!His all round game has improved hughly over the last year, having Saha and the Yak on the training ground with him must be a bonus.He can learn a lot from those two.

Fully fit he (Saha) is still a decent threat, he came on board at a time when we had the Yak, Vaughan and Anichebe, I don't think he was ever supposed to play in every game.

Didn't he offer not to recieve his pay untill he was fit......so he had something to prove, and hopefully still has.

Apparently VDM has offered to pay back to Everton all his wages he took whilst not being available to play for whatever reason..........This gives Moyes massive spending power come the January transfer window :rolleyes:

How quick have you forgotten that he won us the games against Fulham and West Ham? He pretty much secured us 6 points on his own, he scored the only goal in a poor performance against Fulham, and we would have drawn with Wham were it not for his 2 late strikes.

He may not be on form and he may be injury prone but he's got it when it counts lad. He was never coming in to run around scoring dozens of goals anyway, Moyes knew exactly what he was buying and we were always going to have The Yak as our main up front.

Unnessecary criticism if you ask me, if we didn't have him we really would have a full-on striker crisis, at least when he comes back off this slight injury we'll have a proficient and on his day highly capable striker to play up front.

No complaints about Saha. Good record before he came he, he has been good (though not perfect) while he has been here. But he has got a great attitude and works hard. I think he is a very good signing. No qualms about him at all, he has injury problems but he was free so don't think there is great deal of risk in his signature.

i like saha, i think he is a quality striker when fit tbh, always a danger to opposing teams.

if your a defender up against saha you have a little worry about what he can do, look back when he was at fulham, look at the times he played for united, for a person who was injured for most of it his goal ratio was still good. no worries and no complaints from me either.

How quick have you forgotten that he won us the games against Fulham and West Ham? He pretty much secured us 6 points on his own, he scored the only goal in a poor performance against Fulham, and we would have drawn with Wham were it not for his 2 late strikes.

He may not be on form and he may be injury prone but he's got it when it counts lad. He was never coming in to run around scoring dozens of goals anyway, Moyes knew exactly what he was buying and we were always going to have The Yak as our main up front.

Unnessecary criticism if you ask me, if we didn't have him we really would have a full-on striker crisis, at least when he comes back off this slight injury we'll have a proficient and on his day highly capable striker to play up front.

Good post.

I was shocked by this thread tbh. Saha has played very well for us IMO. Yes he had better players around him at Manure but he still had to put the ball in the back of the net himself, you shouldn't be taking that away from him. I wasn't excited or even bothered when we signed him bu he's hit a few goals for us already in an underperforming side.

I think this comes back to my original post I obviously don't see it because the games I have seen live this season (I did not see fulham or westham) he has been shocking he doesn't seem to be involved at all.

Maybe it's the way I watch footy but last season I noticed Yak alot even when he wasn't scoring but saha I couldn't even tell you when he is on the pitch. He has hasn't got the strength or determination of either yak or vic and for me seems a luxury player.

"He has hasn't got the strength or determination of either yak or vic" No offense mate i know forums are for each others opinions and so on but that is the worst point/assumption i have come across on here.

Yakubu is one of the laziest players in our squad if not the laziest and has always been known for being lazy at previous clubs the same goes for Vic he has only pulled his finger out this season in the handfull of games he has featured. Determination the same applies as above Saha has been the most useful striker for us so far this season and has shown a great deal more interest and determination then 99% of our other players.

Vic has had enough time to prove his worth for this club so in terms of a player being a luxury id say he has had it pretty custy so far he would have been shown the door by most other teams a long time ago instead of picking up a paypacked each week for a handfull of games.

Yakubu as much as i like him as a player when on form he is worth the money but still is one of the biggest luxuries this club has ever had, when on form yes he's worth every penny but he's to hit and miss at times and seems to fade away to often.

Edited by EFC-Paul

I reckon Saha's putting the effort in. He really wants to succeed here but we have to realise that neither he nor the Yak have been getting any service this season. Getting the ball on the bye-line does not in any way count as a shooting opportunity.

As the saying goes, "feed the Yak ...." also applies to Saha and any other stiker. The word "striker" should be an indication of what those players are there for. I don't give a toss whether the Yak or Saha don't get involved in midfield play, but I do care that they have not had the opportunity for more than the odd shot at goal set up for them by players whose job it is to do just that.

As I've said on here before, the average player scores once in every 8 or 9 attempts (on or off target). The better players get a bit more. So tell me, how are "strikers" supposed to win games for EFC if they have only 1 or 2 shots per game because they lack opportunity? No wonder the midfielders are among the top goalscorers - the forwards aren't getting the ball.