IGNORED

Hibbert

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11671_4626385,00.html

I don't like this. By the sounds of it Moyes wants him back in the main squad which I think is a horrible idea. Neville is ten times better than hibbert, although, a drunk panda on rollerskates is more useful than hibbert. The result of Hibbert starting for us is him playing right back, which means Neville in midfield. That, by now, should be obvious to everyone as a step backwards for us.

I can't wait to se what Jacobsen has got to offer and I hope hibbo is only there for emergencies, but if he does start I think we will lose. I've seen nothing but crap from him and the team is starting to function a lot better with the current line-up.

Any thoughts about this?

He doesnt justify a place on the bench on previous performances this season never mind a start, As already said Neville has played well at right back so far if Moyes does have a change in the line up it should be to bring Castillo into the starting eleven Hibbert can piss off.

Edited by EFC-Paul

He doesnt justify a place on the bench on previous performances this season never mind a start, As already said Neville has played well at right back so far if Moyes does have a change in the line up it should be to bring Castillo into the starting eleven Hibbert can piss off.

Never going to happen.

We could do with a recognised right back on the bench for stability, especially if Neville does get injured and with Jacobsen still a while off from getting fit.

Never going to happen.

Why not?

I can see Paul's point on this one, if we lose another midfielder player then I would rather see Castillo playing the role in holding midfield then Neville. who to be fair, isnt very good.

Saying that due injuries and Moyes not buying better players then that who are already at the club (we have been screaming for a decent right back for years) Neville is the best the right back we have available.

I like Hibbert's commitment and attititude but I can only ever see him as a squad player. His defensive work is first rate but going forward hes, to put it mildly, shite.

Why not?

I can see Paul's point on this one, if we lose another midfielder player then I would rather see Castillo playing the role in holding midfield then Neville. who to be fair, isnt very good.

Saying that due injuries and Moyes not buying better players then that who are already at the club (we have been screaming for a decent right back for years) Neville is the best the right back we have available.

I like Hibbert's commitment and attititude but I can only ever see him as a squad player. His defensive work is first rate but going forward hes, to put it mildly, shite.

Because there is a pecking order and he is certainly below Rodwell. In addition, I think it quite obvious by now Moyes does not want to pick him.

Hibbo is poor, cant believe Moyes is contemplating this, as above step backwards moving PN into the middle i would rather pay Yobo at RB and bring in Baines or try Jags in the middle of the park now he confidence is high.

Yup! I reckon you've got it right there. I've said for a couple of years that Hibbo's not up to it - fair gives me the shits when I see his name on the teamsheet. Deffo a bench player - even then when we're 3 up with 3 minutes to go.

Because there is a pecking order and he is certainly below Rodwell. In addition, I think it quite obvious by now Moyes does not want to pick him.

do i hear words being eaten?

on hibbo - i still think hes pretty solid, plays with more heart and effort than most, but neville has to stay as our first choise right back, hes done great this season.

Edited by StevO

There are three scenarios to the Hibbo saga:

The first involves Hibbo sitting on the bench for the rest of the season, only getting chances to play when Phil Neville may be injured, with saying that Lars Jacobsen might prove to be a good buy and therefore Hibbo would be relegated to third choice right back. At the end of the season, Hibbo leaves, most likely I'd say to join West Ham, on the basis Lucas Neill will probably leave due to his demand for high wages that the club cannot support. Hibbo will come in and enjoy good game time there.

The second involves the same thing without Hibbo leaving, in him staying true to Everton and choosing rather to stay with the club and take chances whenever they came as an act of loyaty.

The third involves Neville being moved back into midfield, and Hibbo being given regular chances at right back.

Out of these I'd say the third is likely but not as likely as the first, as much as I like Hibbo I think his chances may be limited in the future and maybe its time he moved on.

There are three scenarios to the Hibbo saga:

The first involves Hibbo sitting on the bench for the rest of the season, only getting chances to play when Phil Neville may be injured, with saying that Lars Jacobsen might prove to be a good buy and therefore Hibbo would be relegated to third choice right back. At the end of the season, Hibbo leaves, most likely I'd say to join West Ham, on the basis Lucas Neill will probably leave due to his demand for high wages that the club cannot support. Hibbo will come in and enjoy good game time there.

The second involves the same thing without Hibbo leaving, in him staying true to Everton and choosing rather to stay with the club and take chances whenever they came as an act of loyaty.

The third involves Neville being moved back into midfield, and Hibbo being given regular chances at right back.

Out of these I'd say the third is likely but not as likely as the first, as much as I like Hibbo I think his chances may be limited in the future and maybe its time he moved on.

All of that depends solely on Jacobsen's ability and commitment. If he is prepared to be 2nd choice right back then fair enough, but you never know Jacob could work his socks off and prove better than pip in the rb role, which means neville would defo be in midfield, which annoys the fuck out of me because he doesn't belong there.

I can see him starting tbh :( . I'll be very disappointed if Neville is moved back into midfield so Shitbert can come back in, even a blind man can see Neville is crap in midfield and it'll show Moyes' ineptitude if it happens.

I thought that Moyes would have done that, glad he didn't. I'm with the rest of the forum by saying that I don't like him. His heart is in the right place and when his head is screwed on he's one of the best right-back's we could ask for - the problem is that I've seen these performances once, maybe twice. He's just not reliable and is definatly over-shadowed by Phil Neville.

I saw that about Gary Neville. Not such a bad signing, Phil would do well at right-back with his brother pushing for a first-team place. I can see him wanting to end his career at United though, it all depends on where he wants to finish. I think that he'll do well at us. He's a fantastic talent and has done well for England when he was a regular and when fit at Manchester United he was brilliant. For me this would be a great signing, if we did sign Gary that would be the end of Hibbert's Goodison career.

do i hear words being eaten?

on hibbo - i still think hes pretty solid, plays with more heart and effort than most, but neville has to stay as our first choise right back, hes done great this season.

lol yes my words were tasty :) - but I don't expect to see him there again, he had a poor game and if we had fit strikers he would have been benched.

I like Hibbert and made my thoughts on him clear in previous Hibbert posts, because his play is not "pretty" he is never going to be popular but he is a very stable defender.