IGNORED

Lucas Neill

kurt321

The West Ham and Australian Captains contract is up at the end of the year and we could get him on a free transfer. He mainly plays at right back but can also play centre back and in my opinion would be better than phil neville or lars jacobsen or tony hibbert. He is 30 but i think he has 2 or 3 good seasons left in him and on free transfer hes worth a chance.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

Dont worry mark it wont happen. He's on 70k a week at the moment and turned down a larger contract from West Ham, there is no way that we will pay that to someone of his "quality", in fact we wouldn't pay those wages to anyone, becasue we cant. He'll go to City and with that the Lescot to City rumours will go away.

Dont worry mark it wont happen. He's on 70k a week at the moment and turned down a larger contract from West Ham, there is no way that we will pay that to someone of his "quality", in fact we wouldn't pay those wages to anyone, becasue we cant. He'll go to City and with that the Lescot to City rumours will go away.

Yeah I'm with you on that Jamie, Neill will most likely go to Manchester City as they can give him the wages he desires.

where is everyone gettin the news from that neil rejected a bigger deal from west ham, apparantly they offered him half his current wages (35k). personally i would take him on a free but no more than 30k a week.he is a better all round defender than hibbert and jacobsen ,can play CB and has played RM for Blackburn in the past.he is a good friend of cahill's which could sway things in our favour also and i'm sure hewould be a good addition to the squad

where is everyone gettin the news from that neil rejected a bigger deal from west ham, apparantly they offered him half his current wages (35k). personally i would take him on a free but no more than 30k a week.he is a better all round defender than hibbert and jacobsen ,can play CB and has played RM for Blackburn in the past.he is a good friend of cahill's which could sway things in our favour also and i'm sure hewould be a good addition to the squad

Computer says no!

As an Australian I don't see why people say he is shit and has a bad attitude? If he was shit and had a bad attitude would he be captain of West Ham or Captain of Australia? He can play CB or RB and with Jagielka injured and Hibbert being shit as always, I think he would be a good signing. He is playing for Australia tonight and Im sure he will put in a good game as always. I would love to see him at Everton.

As an Australian I don't see why people say he is shit and has a bad attitude?

because hes a money grabber.

why else turn down champions league football and challenging for the premier league with liverpool, to sign for west ham.

If we could get him here on decent wages then I think he would be a good addition to the squad he is definitely better than what we have got at the moment

Do we really want to sign a 31 year old who is average at best and earns a reported £77.000 a week? No thank you im no fan of Hibberts but i dont think this guy is much better and from what i have seen of Jacobson i would say he looks as good and would much rather keep him.

We need to bring in someone who is young and will make the position his own and have players like Hibbert as cover.

Edited by EFC-Paul

Definately a NO from me Hibbert is a much better player,and totally agree with other posts he is a money grabber and a big "I`am" type of player.Get a youngster in.....I`m sure there is loads in the lower divisions who will make the grade.