IGNORED

Who Is The Best Manager In Great Britain?

kolon

i would say its a toss up between ferguson and wenger, i think i'd give wenger the nod.

he's a craftsman whose currently rebuilding what could be a formidable side.

he's had a seaon without a loss, and i dont expect to see that again.

and moronho of chelski obviously has a problem with him. thats probably the best reference of the lot!

Close call between Wenger and Fergy - Fergy for honours and Wenger for transfer ability - that are both tactically excellect. If you look at the money Wenger has spent to what he has brought in i would say it would be very close you rarely see him make a bad buy unlike most top flight managers.

The Manager at out local McDonalds is quite good I would recomend him to anyone, you never see any rubbish about - must be a candidate for manager of the month !! :huh::huh::huh:

On second thoughts, I would have to rate Davie Moyes up there - but the best Fergie by a long way. :rolleyes:

Edited by Fatboyquim

Guest fozzie22

Best ever manager was bob paisley,no question..total dominace of the league for so long..and a nice guy to boot..(met him a couple of times,not a clue what he said but seemed nice)

In todays league i still say wenger..its the style the arse play with.

I think it's difficult because you don't know how Wenger, Mouriniho and Ferguson would do with no money and a struggling team. I'd probably say Wenger would be better for his ability to unearth young players. He also play's the most attractive football and the season they went unbeaten was the best football i've seen from a Premiership team. I also think Big Sam has done an amazing job at Bolton, every season they get stronger without spending money. He seems to get the best out of players that have been discarded and can also motivate older players that have won the biggest trophies on offer. I still wouldn't swop our Davey for anybody though!!!

Personally I feel that Alex Ferguson is the best manager, with pretty much every club he has won the league with, look what he did at Aberdeen. You can't achieve so much and not be the best manager.

Wenger is good, he spots potential but not all of his buys are top class. He's bought some woeful defenders and some awful goalkeepers (can't stand lemon hes the dodgiest one of the lot).

Now I'm not saying Fergy hasn't had his share of bad buys but I always look at it from a British point of view, whose done more for British football, and its blantantly Alex Ferguson.

Alex Ferguson is definately the most successful manager around and its difficult to argue with his record but its not all down to success and trophies.

I'd consider Dario Gradi at Crewe to be a very good manager. He's been there since 1983 and produced a hell of a lot of quality players over the years. Crewe aren't a big club but its important to have clubs like that who allow young players to develop, especially with the Premiership how it is these days.

Guest Reg Reagan
david Moyes???? how many trophy did david Moyes won for Everton??? i don't see Everton a force in the epl at all.... :lol:   :lol:   :lol:

imguessing your a chelsea but hey! what have chelsea achieved over the last 10 years? NOTHING! :lol:

Guest fozzie22
Agree with Dario Gradi, not saying he is the Best manager, but he deserves to be with a bigger Club, the players he has produced over the years is second to none.

I think he'd struggle tbh at another club

Not many places now would give him the sort of control he has at crewe,got to hand it to him though,he can spot the youngsters thats for sure.

I think he'd struggle tbh at another club

Not many places now would give him the sort of control he has at crewe,got to hand it to him though,he can spot the youngsters thats for sure.

They are generally players who have been released by bigger clubs I think, he just lets them play and gives them a chance to fulfil their potential while getting first team experience. A lot probably don't go back to the Premiership but considering the size of the club a phenominal amount do make it.

You are right though, he probably wouldn't be suited to a big club now but that doesn't make him any less of a manager.

This one is a bit of a loaded question, what do you mean by best?. To look at success, the answer is Ferguson. If we look at who has done the best with limited resources, the list really gets long :-

Stevie Coppel

Jim Smith

Neil Warnock

Paul Jewel

Dario Gradi

Peter Taylor

With the financial backing available at Chelski, even Souness would have done well.

ATB

Mac