IGNORED

Is Moyes Scared Of Youth Or Change In General.

Memmaclub

We have spent in relative terms alot of money on players lie Gosling and The Pole. What I don't understand is moyes refusal to give them a chance in the first team. When were lacking in wingers/ wide players why didn't gosling get a run out as a sub.

Now we are lacking up front why doesn't lukas get a go on the bench with a view to actually coming on.

It also seems he scared of changing certain things when it affect his untouchables so to speak.

For example Constanly playing lescott and left back when we have baines. Pesisting with mikky on corners and playing wise when he was obiously out of form. Playing cahill in a 442 when he doesn't suit it. (Don't get me wrong I think we should always play 451 to accomodate Tim.

Getting catillo in but not persisting with him.

Jutkiewic is not a lone striker, he plays off a striking partner.

Gosling is an attacking midfielder, are you going to drop Cahill or golden boy Fellaini to play Gosling?

At the moment it is difficult because we have no Strikers and typically Strikers score goals to win games. If you score goals you have a cushion so you can risk playing younger members of the squad, when you start thinking about playing young players relying on them for goals then that is a big risk.

Gosling is an attacking midfielder....

Not according to him, when he signed he said....

"I think I’ve changed from how I used to be, I used to be an attacking midfielder, getting into the box.

"I played defensive midfielder for England and I’ve also started playing right back more recently - just bombing on round the winger and getting crosses in the box really."

If gosling feels he is either attaching mid of a right back surely his chance will be a long time coming.

In terms of the pole I am very surprised we would spend over 1 mil on a reserve player who's game does not fit our favoured formation.

Anyway the point of this thread was more to dicuss moyes refusal to play them.

In terms of playing them as first choice from the start this is not my point at all but giving them 30 moinutes here and there espescially when we have injuries in there positions.

I jsut feel the way we are handling them will not bring them on.

same against city about the corners osman started taking them and we scored from one. him playin in centre allows him more freedom bit like fabregas style and he will be what we need creatively as long as hes played with castillo! youth wise im not sure hes scared because he played rodwell a bit at the beginning when he didnt have to and also baxter. i mean i dunno about the polish lad maybe he doesnt think hes ready or hes game isnt suited but does seem strange we'd play with no striker rather than use him?

Edited by marcopaulo

Guest Reg Reagan

Rodwell and Baxter are worth the risk, they have shown potential in the academy and in the reserves

and apparently beneath'us is getting rid of the local and english youth players from the liverpool youth academy and bringing in foreigners as home grown players...

Rodwell and Baxter are worth the risk, they have shown potential in the academy and in the reserves

and apparently beneath'us is getting rid of the local and english youth players from the liverpool youth academy and bringing in foreigners as home grown players...

So who would you drop to accomodate Rodwell and Baxter?

pernar cost as much as gosling it would worry me they are just making up the numbers for 2 mil

they spent the money on potential, for the future, they may not both make it, but you could spent 6mil on 3 or 4 young lads, if one of them makes the first team as a regular it pays off a few of them with the money we have saved.

lukas just doesnt seem in favour, heard he isnt fancied. but they expect big things from gosling. didnt seem an attacking or defending midfielder for the reserves, seemed like an all round midfielder. tidy though.

and moyes did say at the end of last season he would have played when we had injured players but he got injured himself

He's done OK I think....doesn't look out of place, shame he couldn't put his chance away :) .

Edit....he just missed an easier one :worried:.

Maybe this good performance from him will show Moyes he can trust him to bring him on as a sub in games too? God knows our midfielders could do with getting some minutes off the pitch towards the end of games but we've been reluctant to bring subs on coz they're mostly kids.

Guest efctaxi
Don't think so....but my picture wasn't the best and the commentator was talking Czechoslovakian or something so I may be wrong :) . My Czech's a bit rusty :P .

Where are you guys watching matches ?

I always use myp2p.eu http://www.myp2p.eu/competition.php?compet...ipline=football :)

I personally find Fox sports on media player the best ( no buffer probs ) ;)

Where are you guys watching matches ?

Same place but I often have to mess around for quite a while to get a decent one and take what I can get.

Also living in the back of beyond I'm quite a distance from the phone exchange so my broadband speed ain't the best and I get a lot of buffering/freezing problems :( .

I wonder where Gosling's inclusion puts Castillo in the pecking order? He must be wondering what he has to do. Good first game for Danny Boy though. The possible inclusion of Anichebe in the next game is a bit worrying though, I don't think the lad has the right stuff to be honest.

Edited by Oztoffee