IGNORED

How Other People See Arteta.

Bill

a COUPLE OF CITY FANS From the City forum Bluemoon ..............

"I watched him closesly yesterday and I think he'd be a great signing, better than Diarra actually (although i'd love Diarra aswell).

Anyway, I've never seen him play centre midfield before, he usually plays on the wings for the Scousers but yesterday he bossed the game in the central box to box role. He was winning tackles, he looked strong, he was picking out passes and showing some lovely touches in the middle of the park. He just looked the complete central midfielder and he looked ace against Aston Villa for Everton aswell".

So we went from wanting to sign the likes of Kaka to Arteta? :)

What's wrong with Arteta? He's better than anything we have and he's been one of the best midfielders in the League over the past few years. His performance yesterday in my opinion was top draw, he really did control the game and he was superb defensively.

ALSO.......

would prefer Fellaini, he looked a handful, seemed to be everywhere.

If only Everton would sell either player. Highly unlikely

We need a couple of midfielders, there's no doubt that, and those 2 would be perfect.

Are we really that well off for Midfielders, and are they really that good that other teams are lusting over them. :huh:

What do you think. :)

I think City are just in a worse position than us for Midfielders.

Any player can look good for a couple of games and be shite for the rest...lets hope Arteta continues in the centre as he has looked his best this season playing there. Still nowhere near his best though.

Fellaini, well if City offer £15m lump sum I would let him go :P

Edited by Everton_Worshiper

I think our five first choice midfielders are very strong, and maybe Castillo....not seen enough to judge.

Certainly any team outside the "four" would jump at the chance to sign TC, Arteta or Pienaar.

I'd let City have Arteta and Fellaini in return for £50m and Steven Ireland :) .

(City are unlikely to get Diarra incidentally, Pompey have just accepted an offer from Real for him)

Was on the city websites after the game on saturday and before the game they were slagging us to death but after the game they were all wishing they had the team we had. Unfortunately for us and city they will have to lower expectations of Kaka, Messi etc and they will put in BIG bids for the best players outside the top 4 so we will have to watch out because the likes of Arteta, Felliani, Lescott, Pioneer and Jagielka will be targets. Mark my words this time next year Felliani will be the player EVERYONE will be wanting.

I think City are just in a worse position than us for Midfielders.

Any player can look good for a couple of games and be shite for the rest...lets hope Arteta continues in the centre as he has looked his best this season playing there. Still nowhere near his best though.

Fellaini, well if City offer £15m lump sum I would let him go :P

and buy who?

Fella and Arteta need to keep playing center mid together, they have been the key to our sucess the last few games, it proves when 2 of your centermidfielders have composure on the ball that you will get the ball down more, unlike when we had carsley and cahill and they would hoof it everytime.