IGNORED

My Take On Everton

evertonblue

Well i told you guys before im Australian. And that i support where my countrymen play. I have always supported Tottenham but now i support both equally. Heres my take on the everton team though.

How good are Everton? Potentially a top 6 side. Need to be more consistent though.

Howard? Hes good. Solid. Seems to have got ridden of the poor mistakes that use to plague his game.

Defence? Evertons weakest point. In terms of defenders. I can't see a consistent player other then Jagielka. The rest just don't cut it. Plagued by momentary lapses of concentration and poor player marking. Need to get tight. Evertons weak link.

Midfield? Arteta is extremely talented, however he has looked awful over the past 12 months. I like Fellaini. Very strong, and imposing. Wins a lot of ball in the air. Needs a small man running off him though. I like Pienaar, think hes quality aswell, was playing fantastic last season.

Strikers? Yakubu? has an attitude problem. Extremely over rated i feel. When on song hes solid, kind of like a poor mans heskey. Saha? Is he injury prone or soft? He just doesn't play enough, or contribute. Cahill? Without a doubt Evertons best goal scorer. And he should be playing up front. The guy plays best when alone up front and it suits everton a lot better.

I think the defence can come good, with a couple of signings. Everton really should be looking at Arshavin, hes quality and would link up with Cahill and Fellaini brilliantly.

Cahill needs to play by himself up front. I just don't see enough goals in Yakubu or Saha, or well at least enough assists.

Interested in hearing your views.

P.S moyes is a fantastic manager.

Well i told you guys before im Australian. And that i support where my countrymen play. I have always supported Tottenham but now i support both equally. Heres my take on the everton team though.

How good are Everton? Potentially a top 6 side. Need to be more consistent though.

Howard? Hes good. Solid. Seems to have got ridden of the poor mistakes that use to plague his game.

Defence? Evertons weakest point. In terms of defenders. I can't see a consistent player other then Jagielka. The rest just don't cut it. Plagued by momentary lapses of concentration and poor player marking. Need to get tight. Evertons weak link.

Midfield? Arteta is extremely talented, however he has looked awful over the past 12 months. I like Fellaini. Very strong, and imposing. Wins a lot of ball in the air. Needs a small man running off him though. I like Pienaar, think hes quality aswell, was playing fantastic last season.

Strikers? Yakubu? has an attitude problem. Extremely over rated i feel. When on song hes solid, kind of like a poor mans heskey. Saha? Is he injury prone or soft? He just doesn't play enough, or contribute. Cahill? Without a doubt Evertons best goal scorer. And he should be playing up front. The guy plays best when alone up front and it suits everton a lot better.

I think the defence can come good, with a couple of signings. Everton really should be looking at Arshavin, hes quality and would link up with Cahill and Fellaini brilliantly.

Cahill needs to play by himself up front. I just don't see enough goals in Yakubu or Saha, or well at least enough assists.

Interested in hearing your views.

P.S moyes is a fantastic manager.

Possibly the worst post of the year!

Cahill up front on his own?

Not enough goals in Yakubu? A poor man's Heskey?

You must be a redshite because you can't possibly be serious?

Possibly the worst post of the year!

Cahill up front on his own?

Not enough goals in Yakubu? A poor man's Heskey?

You must be a redshite because you can't possibly be serious?

Have to agree mate, Yakubu is by far a better player then Heskey a very poor comparison as Heskey can only hold up the ball and has a very very poor goal record.

Saha has contributed as much if not more then most in the games he has played, we all know that he has injury trouble but we have seen when playing he has it in him to become a good player for our club. Its not upto himself if he plays or not so being soft is out of the question thats down to the medical staff and manager.

Edited by EFC-Paul

Nice to hear views from a non Evertonian, even if some comments can be scorned at but if its an honest opinion then should not be mocked, after all we all have contrasting views about our team.

Howard has grown in stature and is a solid base to the defence. The defence has hardly changed from last season and we had one of the better defensive records. That will improve soon as confidence returns, the moments of non concentration is a fair point made. Yobo, Lescott and Jagielka all culpable this season.

The midfield i feel is the area we need to build upon, sometimes we appear to lack pace and other times aggression, a mixture of both would see the midfield further improve.

The forward line can be imposing, we all know that Yakubu has an attitude problem but Moyes was willing to take that chance. He needs his management skills to get the best, however i feel we still need someone else, who? well i havent a clue and without knowing the cash we have to spend that specualtion wuill continue unitl February 1st 2009.

heskey about 1 goal every four games and yakubu highest scoring african player in the leagues history and also scored more goals before this season in the last 4 years than any other current premiership player so how can he be a poor man's heskey? cahill no good up front on his own too lightweight for me. great at arriving late not already being there and i think yobo been the most consistent player for us in the last 5 years and made shed loads of appearances and has momentary lapses that everyone does! and as for the yaks attitude problem we're the only team ive seen him chase the ball back for!

i like the fact you said non-bais and you crem'd over cahill. He isnt a striker, he is an attacking midfeild player, he isnt our best goal scorer, yak when on form and fit is, fellaini is looking better for goals than cahill this year. Heskey is not a goal scorer, poor mans heskey hahahahaha. Saha has injury problems, cant be helped, he isnt just soft, would you want to play week in week out if you was as good as him? ofcourse you would, your being paid to have fun at the thing many people love most.