IGNORED

Steve Round

dark

I've not really been looking at Steve's performances as assistant manager this season but lately he has been saying good things in the press. I was on teamtalk and most of the interviews of his are positive and he seems to be taking Everton in the right direction. He's been critisised by some as the reason for our poor start to the season (which I find ridiculous) and some have said that he is under-qualified for the job.

In my opinion he has done well to keep a good standard of management at the club. Alan Irvine was a really good manager and was a real loss when he left for Preston North End. Moyes has been making some bad mistakes, but at the same time he's been making some good moves and at the end of the day has us sat comfortably in the top half of the table. Some of this must be down to solid management, ie Steve Round. I think that he's overlooked as assisstant and deserves a lot of credit for coming into such a big club and not making a hash of it all. Even though the assisstant manager dosen't make an impact on the scale of Moyes he still does a job that needs doing and Round does it well.

In interviews he seems to speak the truth, and the thread that's recently been created in the Newspaper Section has me agreeing with him. The Wigan game was the kick up the backside we needed, Steve's words have led me to believe that we are over the hump and are starting to look foreward, as a unit, as a force and that's what we all want to hear.

So, to get some opinions and feedback - What's your take on Round?

So telling the truth adds up to being a good assistant manager, I find that ridiculous. In fact about as ridiculous as the fact you think that Round has had nothing to do with our poor performances this season. As I posted in another thread, if he has had nothing to do with tactics etc. then what is the point of him being there. Some even argued that he has nothing to do with tactics as Moyes doesn,t even speak to him but now because of a decent couple of performances and he gets a bit of air time he is a solid assistant manager. You also state that we are in a comfortable mid-table position, look closer and we are actually nearer a relegation place than a European spot, point wise anyway. I am not trying to devalue the guy at all and as always will endeavour to offer all my support to the Blue cause but if you are part of the equation then you are part of the problem until it is solved. So Round is there with Moyes, the players and the rest of the club. I like many thousands of others hope that problem is solved sooner rather than later. Oh I do like to start the day on a positive note. Three points tonight will cheer me up.

So telling the truth adds up to being a good assistant manager, I find that ridiculous. In fact about as ridiculous as the fact you think that Round has had nothing to do with our poor performances this season. As I posted in another thread, if he has had nothing to do with tactics etc. then what is the point of him being there. Some even argued that he has nothing to do with tactics as Moyes doesn,t even speak to him but now because of a decent couple of performances and he gets a bit of air time he is a solid assistant manager. You also state that we are in a comfortable mid-table position, look closer and we are actually nearer a relegation place than a European spot, point wise anyway. I am not trying to devalue the guy at all and as always will endeavour to offer all my support to the Blue cause but if you are part of the equation then you are part of the problem until it is solved. So Round is there with Moyes, the players and the rest of the club. I like many thousands of others hope that problem is solved sooner rather than later. Oh I do like to start the day on a positive note. Three points tonight will cheer me up.

Liverpool 18 39

Chelsea 17 37

Aston Villa 18 34

Man Utd 16 32

Arsenal 18 31

Hull City 18 27

Everton 17 25

Fulham 17 24

Bolton 18 23

Portsmouth 18 23

Wigan Athletic 17 22

Newcastle 18 22

Sunderland 18 21

Middlesbrough 18 20

Stoke City 18 20

Tottenham 18 19

West Ham Utd 18 19

Man City 18 18

Blackburn 18 16

WBA 18 15

ermmmmmmm its in black and white mate

Liverpool 18 39

Chelsea 17 37

Aston Villa 18 34

Man Utd 16 32

Arsenal 18 31

Hull City 18 27

Everton 17 25

Fulham 17 24

Bolton 18 23

Portsmouth 18 23

Wigan Athletic 17 22

Newcastle 18 22

Sunderland 18 21

Middlesbrough 18 20

Stoke City 18 20

Tottenham 18 19

West Ham Utd 18 19

Man City 18 18

Blackburn 18 16

WBA 18 15

ermmmmmmm its in black and white mate

In defence of "The Beard" we were (before the Chelsea game) Closer to relegation than a Champions League spot. I know he said European spot but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he meant the Champions League.

In defence of "The Beard" we were (before the Chelsea game) Closer to relegation than a Champions League spot. I know he said European spot but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he meant the Champions League.

When I went to school (admittedly a long time ago) the difference between 25 and 32 (Everton to Champs League) was 7, and the difference between 25 and 18 (Everton to relegation zone) was 7 also :huh: .

Think maybe there's more than one person on here who needs to take their socks off before attempting maths :P .

I heard an interview on the radio with Mr Rounds and he sounded a very sensible fella, so therefore I will believe my own ears

I dont take to all this propaganda and bullshit. The bad starts down to him, Moyes doesn't talk to him BLAH BLAH BLAH

The mans a few months into a new job with a whole load of new players and a new BOSS, yes Davis Moyes who emplyoed him and took his time about it too

Please stop listening to idle gossip when formulating opinions of people and give the fella a chance

When I went to school (admittedly a long time ago) the difference between 25 and 32 (Everton to Champs League) was 7, and the difference between 25 and 18 (Everton to relegation zone) was 7 also :huh: .

Think maybe there's more than one person on here who needs to take their socks off before attempting maths :P .

Dear Student,

7 points may have been the difference BUT....

Man Utd in 4th spot with a goal difference of +17 and

Man City 3rd from Bottom with a goal diff of +4

Put EVERTON with a goal difference of -2 CLOSER to the relegation spot than the Euro Chumps League spot.

So whose maths is a bit dodgy? or do you not understand the goal difference rule?.

Anyway all is academic, as the point v Chelski has us looking upwards.

Detention for MikeO :D

I thought that Steve said some good words about Phil Jagielka saying that he is on par with John Terry more than he thinks. I have to agree in some ways. Jags has been so solid this season that he could play for any big club in the Premiership. He's been our rock and has led the defence just as good as captain Phil Neville. He seems a down to earth guy and seems to love playing in the Everton shirt.

Here's that interview:

Everton's assistant manager Steve Round has backed the Manchester-born centre-back, who can also play in midfield, to establish himself as one of the best defenders in the Premier League.

"He [Jagielka] is close [to Terry], a lot closer than he thinks," Round is quoted as saying in the Daily Mail.

"When you look at someone of the stature and quality of John Terry you maybe think 'What a player he is. Could I ever be that good?'

"But he is not far away. He has been capped, he understands the England environment, and now all he has to do is concentrate on taking the next step and improving, which he can do.

"He can go as high as he wants to go. It's his choice to take that step forward and become a top player."

Oh! well, I do like to, and appeared to have provoked a reaction. However, it appears that if you are not wearing your blue tinted specs you seem to be deemed an outsider and open to the ridicule and insults of others. Sorry lads but as an honest supporter, season ticket holder of over 35 years and an away attendance that stands up to the hardiest of supporters, I will endeavour to voice my opinion, whether you find that agreeable, contentious or in the words of one of the more literal posters "Shit".

Like I said I am not devaluing anyone at the club and at the game I never shout them down or slag them off. I reserve that for decent conversation after the game with other Blues.

Anyway, here's wishing you all a Merry Xmas and a good three points on Thursday, our bus leaves at 9.30, happy journey and see you there.

Question: Does anybody know exactly what responsibilities are weighed on Mr. Round's shoulders?

Because I have no clue, I just thought he was there to help Moyes run the team and support the players. In either case, he's not to blame for the bad start to the season. There's fuck all we can blame, shit happens guys. You just roll with it.

On Round, he seems like a decent bloke, good with the media and seems to get on with the players, I hope he learns a lot from Moyes and adds further positive attributes to the team, which he seems to have done already.

And that's about all I've got to say about him.

We can only guess at the amount of input Steve Round has at the moment.I would have thought Moyes would be only too glad to have someone able to bounce a few ideas off.I'm sure they won't agree on everything and Moyes will always have the last say.You can't see everything during a game of football or during training sessions, four eyes are better than two and all that!

It gives Moyes the oppotunity to use the hair dryer on the lads, then have Round come along and tell them that He didn't mean it and he only wants whats best for Everton....could make for an even stronger team spirit, of which there seems to be a pretty good one any way.

Round praise for 'exceptional' Arteta

Arteta's two first-half goals, and his overall contribution to Sunday's 3-0 victory over Sunderland, ruined Ricky Sbragia's début as the Wearsiders' permanent boss after being elevated from his caretaker role. Round, standing in for boss David Moyes at the post-match media conference, said: "A lot of good stuff came from Mikel, he has that sort of talent. He scored two, one with an exceptional free-kick, while teen prospect Dan Gosling grabbed the other.

"But I was delighted with his overall performance, he was exceptional. He controlled the game and the tempo and made a lot of telling passes. Mikel has never been a prolific goal scorer, but that is his challenge now. We know he can create and assist, but we want him to take more on board. We were pleased with young Dan (Gosling) and his first goal. The team gave him a standing ovation when he got back to the changing room, and he was a bit embarrassed about that. But that is the attitude here. Everyone cheers each other on to success, they want their colleagues to do well. We have to keep developing our own talent. It saves you money and is healthy for the game and for the national team. Top six is our target, it always is. If we can do that, can we get into the Champions League? If we do not it will not be through lack of trying or ambition. We do not have the finances to compete with the big boys, but we try to get there on organisation and spirit. And adding quality when we can."