• Phil Neville
    • Mikel Arteta
    • Dan Gosling
    • Steven Pienaar
    • Marouane Fellaini
    • Tim Cahill

pollresizear5.jpg

Cahilboro.jpg

Current Player of the Year standings....

Jagielka 118

Fellaini 72

Osman 69

Arteta 54

Neville 49

Saha 43

Cahill 43

Howard 40

Baines 36

Castillo 18

Lescott 17

Pienaar 16

Anichebe 14

Vaughan 11

Yakubu 10

Baadhi 10

Yobo 7

Hibbert 6

Van der Meyde 4

Baxter 4

Rodwell 4

Valente 2

MOTM winners....

Blackburn (H)...Mikel Arteta

West Brom (A)...Leon Osman

Portsmouth (H)...Leighton Baines

Stoke City (A)...Tim Cahill

Standard Liege (H)...Segundo Castillo

Hull City (A)...Leon Osman

Blackburn (A)...Louis Saha

Liverpool (H)...Phil Jagielka

Standard Liege (A)...Phil Jagielka

Newcastle (H)...Leighton Baines

Arsenal (A)...Marouane Fellaini

Manchester United (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Bolton (A)...Marouane Fellaini

Fulham (H)...Phil Jagielka

West Ham (A)...Louis Saha

Middlesbrough (H)...Phil Neville

Wigan (A)...Tim Howard

Spurs (A)...Phil Jagielka

Aston Villa (H)...Joleon Lescott

Man City (A)...Tim Cahill

Chelsea (H)...Leon Osman

Guest efctaxi

Hard to pick one today , as everyone did their jobs well , but I've given my vote to the youngster .

Lot of pressure on him today , and I thought he handled himself very well , with some good moments .

Nice to see him get his chance :)

I watched about 70 minutes of the streaming, I went for a break on the Xbox and I missed the first ten. I thought that Gosling gave the best attidude today. If it wasn't for the likes of Cahill we woulden't have won but on the other hand you have to remember that this was Gosling's first ever game and even though he has had games at Plymouth Argyle to help he hasn't performed in a while and on this level. Vote goes to him.

Could have gone to many though, Arteta, Cahill superb.

Gosling for me also. He may not have been the best player on the pitch but his was most certainly the most notable contribution of the day. Everyone else performed well but that should be expected :) .

Going to wait and see if we get any coverage on MOTD first before I make a decision though I think!

A 1-0 win at Boro? We'll be lucky to get thirty seconds <_< .

Gosling for me also. He may not have been the best player on the pitch but his was most certainly the most notable contribution of the day. Everyone else performed well but that should be expected :) .

A 1-0 win at Boro? We'll be lucky to get thirty seconds <_< .

Thank god for the iternet and streaming footy, always get fuck all on match of the day.

Solid performances all round, gotta vote for Arteta, noticed we've started actually playing some football since Moyes has pushed him into the middle. Bossed the middle passing and won a surprising amount of ball again, probably an unpopular shout but thought Neville was very solid, kept it simple.

Keep the injuries coming, seems to make us better and better!!!

COYB.

Guest efctaxi

Lol , I don't think there's much chance of us getting prime spot on MOTD this week :lol:

Just watched Villa v Arsenal , and what an awesome game to watch . Starting to wonder which of the 2 we have best chance of overtaking .

I'm starting to think Arsenal :huh:

voted howard.. everybody played well , as in noone really stood out.

great safe in first half... solid effort and always ready when he needed to be.

gosling played well but really should have scored a goal .. especially his last chance was more difficult to miss than score.

special mention for the referee : worst perfomance of the year so far.

Edited by holystove

cahill again with a brilliant job up the top. gosling done his future chances no harm at all, cool and composed on the ball, would have been nice for one of his chances to drop. all the lads at the back were solid, and its been a while since lescott played so well at centre half. arteta and is really showing form in the middle now. but im going with fellaini for this one, he was everywhere, the rate hes improving is great, happy with this one.

The players that really stood out for me were Pienaar, Baines and Spuddy. Some of their link up play was superb and if Baines keeps up his performances while Yobo is out I'd keep Yobo on the bench. I thought Fellaini looked good also, he broke up play and started attacks off for us all the time. My MOTM was Arteta.

I went for Fellaini, his all round game was quite impressive yesterday. As most have pointed out there where a few players who could have been voted man of the match and positively they where all midfield/ forward players. A sure sign that we have played well when the defence dont get a look in, in the man of the match stakes.