IGNORED

Lescott And Jagielka, Everpresent

Ian C

If Joleon Lescott appears on Sunday the defender will complete two successive calendar years as an ever-present in the Everton line-up, making him the first outfield player since Joe Royle (1969,1970) to achieve the feat. The England international has featured in all 118 games played by the club since joining in the summer of 2006.

If Phil Jagielka plays he will also achieve the feat of being an ever-present in 2008.

Lescott has played every game since he joined the club 2 years ago.

Astonishing.

Lescott has played every game since he joined the club 2 years ago.

Astonishing.

It is astonishing, considering he missed a whole season with a serious knee injury before we signed him.

Jagielka also deserves his mention as ever present in 2008, both have been excellent bargain basement buys who have doubled or even trebled their worth in that time.

Not exactly bargain basement Bill, decent championship players, but I get the point. If only other teams could see that far without spending the trillions on wastes of space from abroad, and to be honest, the more cash floating around the more dross introduced. I met a few Wolverhampton blokes on holiday just after we bought Lescott and they swore by him and said we had a bargain. Fairplay to them, seems they knew their stuff ha-ha and fairplay to him and Jagielka, in this day to play that many games in a short space of time deserves credit.

By bargain basement I think he meant in terms of the fee's we paid for them.

Having two everpresent players in a team is good but having tw everpresent defenders is vital, and will have a lot to do with us having a very good defensive record (apart from our little blip at the beginning of this season). I hope they keep it up because it will only benefit us.