IGNORED

What Are We Expecting From January?

toffee77

Hull have lost only twice away from home this season, and we still have the worst home record in the league. So to say it's 3 points definitely against Hull is stretching it a bit. In reality we could be looking at 0 points from those games but, like you, I'm looking for us to get 4 or 5 points from those games.

we always scrutinise how other teams are playing, but for the first time this season we are one of the form teams and have only conceded in one of our last 6 games. So for me:

Hull - Win

Liverpool - Dreading it, but its a derby you never know

Arsenal - They are struggling a little, we could beat these

Man Utd - No Chance

6 or 7 points for me.

We have to go into those games thinking that we will win, we need to look at January and aim for the full 12 points in order to achieve them. I think that we could get something from the Hull game. It's going to be a real six-pointer and with our home for coming back they could be turned over.

The other three games will be scrappy. We can get a win from the Arsenal game - Arsenal are playing poor and we have a good run against them, Manchester United will be difficult but after the Goodision performance we can get something and as for Liverpool you just can't predict. Derby's are always differant and you just can't see what will happen. Why will get sent off? Who will get injured? What will the atmousphere be like? From now I can't see us getting much from Anfield, but we can always hope.

Edited by dark

Hull - they either lose badly or draw, so we'll either cain them or take a point. This derby I can see being heated and most likely a draw, or a late win for them. Man U won't shit over us, but we'll struggle to score, however we have the uncanny ability to nick games and I reckon this will be the big upset. Arsenal seem to be the team to beat, but I reckon they'll hold us as well. Arsenal need the wins and they can drag massive performances out of nothing, they might do it against us.

Hull - 3 points

Liverpool - 1 point

Arsenal - 1 point

Man U - 3 points

8 points, which means we'll end the month on 40 points with an improved GD.

Hull - they either lose badly or draw, so we'll either cain them or take a point. This derby I can see being heated and most likely a draw, or a late win for them. Man U won't shit over us, but we'll struggle to score, however we have the uncanny ability to nick games and I reckon this will be the big upset. Arsenal seem to be the team to beat, but I reckon they'll hold us as well. Arsenal need the wins and they can drag massive performances out of nothing, they might do it against us.

Hull - 3 points

Liverpool - 1 point

Arsenal - 1 point

Man U - 3 points

8 points, which means we'll end the month on 40 points with an improved GD.

That's a good realistic guess Regulator. I do believe that we can beat Hull and Manchester United, hopefully over-turning Arsenal as well. I think that Arsenal will be harder but I have a funny feeling about beating United. It's all going to come down to if we beat Hull. If we beat them confidence is still high - lose to them and were in for a tough month. :(

Guest efctaxi

The dreaded January fixtures lol :D

I brought this up in another thread , but not much response to it .

This month will make or break us , and though I'm not sure where our points will come from , I think we will need at least 9 points if we are to remain top 4 contenders , and 3 of them MUST come against Arsenal .

6 points would be a good result , and keep us in a UEFA shout , but with both Lescott and Fellaini on 4 yellows , we will be hard pressed to get 6 , especially when we consider that we rarely ever beat the top 4 .

Can only keep our fingers crossed , and see what happens .

I think we'll get 3 against Hull, 1 against the Shites, 3 against Arsenal and 1 against Man Ure.

Yes i think we can go unbeaten through January, i'm being optomistic but at the moment the shites are the biggest concern.

Arsenal are very beatable, Hull are losing form and dropping off now and Man Ure are struggling to score goals.

Only thing I can say about the other side is that they're due their usual drop in form sometime soon!

I agree with an earlier post about the month hingeing on the Hull game. I think the wheels are beginning to fall of Hull's season now so hopefully we'll give them a spanking and go into the derby on a high.

Derby- anyone's guess and will depend on who the 12th man is for them. Get some headline hunting loon who throws yellows about after 5 minutes and it could be tricky

Arsenal- I can see us beating these if we continue to get at them, they struggle when chased down and as long as Fallaini doesn't pick up another yellow and gets suspended (unlikely after the derby!) then he will be the key man.

Utd- think a point would be a fantastic result.

Let's just turn Macclesfield over first and get the cup run going :D

I reckon moyes cracked the whip and got everyone into shape, knowing how hard January is going to be he has managed to get us into 6th spot, allowing for a bad month will keep us in the top ten maybe.

Hull - 2 all draw last time, was very lucky for us to get 2 towards the end, maybe Neville should win this one for us ;) defo a win

Liverpool - They bitch slapped us in our own ground last time winning 2 nil, keep up our form and maybe Gerard will be locked up by then for assault :D likely draw

Arsenal - if we keep our run of form this will be enough to win, not playing like a top 4 club so theres a free spot if we want it, defo a win

Man Utd - Park the team bus infront of our goal i feel, exactly what Stoke done to Liverpool, that made me laugh :D, hopefully a draw

6 points in total for these 4

Everton are clearly on form at the moment, and the next game against hull is gonna be the key for a positive entrance into the new year.

Facing 3 of the big 4 in one month is no easy task, but if we go by current forms, everton are clearly a force to be reckoned with.

I'd honestly prefer one of thoes games to be against chelsea, than for example united or liverpool, as chelsea are rocky right now. I see everton with very good chances against arsenal, a potential win there, to me, is more likely than against the other 2, basically because of how both sides are playing at the moment. the Quantity of midfielders is gonna limit the creativity of arsenal, making it a very tough game for them. Liverpool and united, on the other hand, have players capable of deciding games, and that makes them much more dangerous.

My bet is on 6+ points, wins vs hull and arsenal, potential draws with the others. I'd love a win against liverpool, since I firmly believe they're gonna start to loose ground this january, and Everton starting or helping on that downfall is a pretty tough nail in their championship hopes coffin :D United, it's tough. I'd love to say a win is a potential outcome, but i doubt it more then I do with the others, simply because of what we've seen lately, with so many supposed 2nd team players deciding games, like tevez and berbatov. And there's still "he who'll not be named" and ronaldo... very though game.

I reckon moyes cracked the whip and got everyone into shape, knowing how hard January is going to be he has managed to get us into 6th spot, allowing for a bad month will keep us in the top ten maybe.

Hull - 2 all draw last time, was very lucky for us to get 2 towards the end, maybe Neville should win this one for us ;) defo a win

Liverpool - They bitch slapped us in our own ground last time winning 2 nil, keep up our form and maybe Gerard will be locked up by then for assault :D likely draw

Arsenal - if we keep our run of form this will be enough to win, not playing like a top 4 club so theres a free spot if we want it, defo a win

Man Utd - Park the team bus infront of our goal i feel, exactly what Stoke done to Liverpool, that made me laugh :D, hopefully a draw

6 points in total for these 4

The difference between what I would like and what I think will actually happen is only 2 points, 8 points for my prefered results, 6 points for my realistic results. Sorry that werent spelt out for you, numpty my ass :P

I do expect a win against Hull as much as i like what Phil Brown has done with a team like Hull i think there fortunes may change in the next couple of months and i can see us getting a convincing win.

As for Arsenal am not so sure although they are playing poorly by there standards they can change there game at a drop of a hat although if there was a time to play them and possibly get a result i suppose nows the time but i would be happy with a draw.

Liverpool is obviously going to be a tough task but as with any derby anything can happen. Hopefully Gerrard will be delt with by the FA for the assualt case and handed a hafty game ban as was Barton but most probebly wont happen but would be nice and justified :lol: again would be happy with a draw.

United dont look as threatening as they have in previous seasons so far to me and they dont like playing tooth and nail teams and aslong as we hold out which im confident we can do id expect us to get a draw.

I would be happy with six points out of those games as Villa still have to play the top tier teams later on in the season and as i've said in another thread coupled with the Uefa cup games could play in our favour as we will have far less tired legs and possible injuries and so on.

I know its daft to say but we have to take each game as it comes if we beat hull we keep our run going and go into the other games with loads of confidence. But if you lose the first one it could be a long month. I would take 6 points however we can do Arsenal at home and the derby games are a lottery weve been awful the last few so were due a result

I know its daft to say but we have to take each game as it comes if we beat hull we keep our run going and go into the other games with loads of confidence. But if you lose the first one it could be a long month. I would take 6 points however we can do Arsenal at home and the derby games are a lottery weve been awful the last few so were due a result

I agree.

Hull is a crucial game i think.

I saw manU play yesterday, They were not that impressive, same for arsenal so far this season.

I say 6 to 7 points is realistic.

Guest efctaxi
Hulls bubble has burst!........good time to play them.

They deserved to beat Villa tonight , and with the exception of 45 mins against City , are still playing very well .

Don't be too quick to write them off :)

Guest efctaxi
I was going on the stats that Hull have only won one of their last eleven games, but as you say no game is easy!

Yep , that's a fact .

Just goes to show the impact they've made upon the league when we have to remind ourselves of their stats recently .

Thrilled for them , and hope they have a good season , but hopefully not at our expense :)

I think that 6 points would be a very good return, however more importantly I think it would be best for us to still be 6th at the end of January (Or maybe even pushing Arsenal for 5th if we can string a few results together).

I don't even consider that we can get anything from Liverpool or Man Utd but i think that any loses at home would be a real step backwards. We need to start taking some home comforts. Hull, despite there fantastic start, can be beaten easily. They must have spent so much mental and physical energy on the start that they have achieved but I feel that it will be hard to maintain the good form they have made for themselves. They don't have the experience to get themseves out of a slump against the type of opponents that they will be facing. Also people are wary of Hull now and won't underestimate them.

As for Arsenal, they are clearly there for the taking at the moment. It all depends on if they buy big prior to us playing them. Not necesarily for the particular player but for the boost it would give to the other players. I think we can get something from the game and feel it would be a big disapointment if we lost to them. I'm not sure what team that says more about but i do feel that we are getting closer to them, just a shame we can't match there financial clout.