IGNORED

Fa Cup Draw..liverpool Away!

MikeO

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely made up with this tie.

Would I be right in saying it's the first Liverpool-Everton tie since the 89 final or have we more recently?

No you wouldn't, there was the famous 4 -4 ties in the early 90's (?), which was a replay at Goodison following a no score draw at analfield.

For the record Everton won the third game 1 - 0 at Goodison (Dave Watson).

I think it's the first since then but could be wrong??

Me being as blue as I am, absolutely love this draw.

In 2 games, we can single handedly shatter their confidence.

There is no question in my mind that we want the Cup more this year. My initial gut says we end up drawing it 1-1 or 2-2 with a replay at Goodison.

I think the League game may be tougher, but it's the derby. Anything can (and will) happen.

COYB! :D

Wasn't that 4-4 game at Goodison after a 0-0 at anfield?.......Then a 1-0 win at Goodison.That led to dalglish doing a runner!!

Seriously back to this 4th round tie!

On the subject of Captain fantastic who knows what his situation will be.He is obviously key as someone has written, they can cope without Torres, they can't without Gerrard.

It will be a funny few days around those two games, a draw or defeat in the league will be a disaster for them, that would be followed by frantic cup tie that they would have to win.....Pressure, pressure pressure, let's hope they are ok with that.

surely luckypool top of the table mega million pound team, having a fair share of luck this season can't lose at HOME to Everton with no money!, and no decent fit Strikers?......Can they :rolleyes:

They would have been hoping for a really easy tie in the 4th round, it will be a busy period for them, and they would have rested a few players.....they won't be resting players against US!

Guest efctaxi

I think the reds will be more nervous about this draw than we are .

They have a few tough matches of their own in that period , and the last thing they wanted was to play us twice .

Last time they played teams twice , they came unstuck at both Arsenal and Spurs :lol:

We have nothing to lose here as underdogs , so I say bring it on . This is what football is all about , and if they beat us they beat us ............

BUT IF THEY DON'T ......................... :D Bragging rights are ours :D

No you wouldn't, there was the famous 4 -4 ties in the early 90's (?), which was a replay at Goodison following a no score draw at analfield.

For the record Everton won the third game 1 - 0 at Goodison (Dave Watson).

I think it's the first since then but could be wrong??

Oh yes of course. They slipped my mind. But then we Reds tend to try and forget the 90s as much as possible.

Just noticed that this match is on the 20th anniversary of Hillsborough. A really fitting tie I think. I hope no idiots on either side spoil it.

If the game is spoilt is wont be anything to do with hillsborough, that is one of the few things that unite both clubs and sets of fans. As for the tie it is most defo the tie of the round on one which i think both clubs and fans would have liked to avoid.

Oh yes of course. They slipped my mind. But then we Reds tend to try and forget the 90s as much as possible.

Just noticed that this match is on the 20th anniversary of Hillsborough. A really fitting tie I think. I hope no idiots on either side spoil it.

What? on the 15th of April?

How many tickets do everton get I'm just wondering I'd love to see heaps of toffees like againest chelsea in the leauge cup past season
Thinks it's 25% for the cup therefore approx 10k!

Just checked the regulations and it's 15%, which equates to about 6,800.

So the question is what do we get?

The whole of the Anfield Road lower tier is about 6,400 so do we just get that or can we demand the full 15% which would mean (posssibly) getting the 2,600 in the upper tier as well?

I suspect we'll compromise and get the 6,400 but the whole end would be nice :) .

Bigger presence than at the league game anyway....jealous as hell of those of you who get to go.

Just checked the regulations and it's 15%, which equates to about 6,800.

So the question is what do we get?

The whole of the Anfield Road lower tier is about 6,400 so do we just get that or can we demand the full 15% which would mean (posssibly) getting the 2,600 in the upper tier as well?

I suspect we'll compromise and get the 6,400 but the whole end would be nice :) .

Bigger presence than at the league game anyway....jealous as hell of those of you who get to go.

you'll almost certainly get the lower rd end. arsenal had it 2 years ago, last seasons ties all had returns from the away fans so as far as i can hazily remember they only brought between 2-4000 each but you lot will get the full 6,400.

cannot fucking wait

and whoever said liverpool fans will be nervous about this...if jumping round the pub cheering like we'd won the thing counts as nervous then I guess we're guilty :P

Edited by johny

Anyone could say this so Iam sure a lot of you will not believe me. I don't mind.

I was sure this would be the draw before it happened.

Personally I don't like it. I smell a rat.

Whoever wins this will be drawn against Arsenal and those winners will get ManUre.

I believe (and it is purely my own opinion) that the draw is designed to increase TV revenue by providing a match (or series of matches) that will get as many people to watch as possible on the TV.

Anyone could say this so Iam sure a lot of you will not believe me. I don't mind.

I was sure this would be the draw before it happened.

Personally I don't like it. I smell a rat.

Whoever wins this will be drawn against Arsenal and those winners will get ManUre.

I believe (and it is purely my own opinion) that the draw is designed to increase TV revenue by providing a match (or series of matches) that will get as many people to watch as possible on the TV.

lol mate you are reading too much into it.

If there was any draw that would prove whether we can hold our own against the top 4 this is it, we have arsenal manure and liverpool twice, if we get through to the next round and pull all 9 points i think people will start to have a new respect for everton. If we got out of the cup and lose to all of em then noone will care as thats what they expect to happen.

I personally think this is the best fixture of the year, as our chance at silverware means we have to overcome our greatest rivals. Should be an interesting tie and having already played them earlier in the week it'll give us a good chance to redo/undo anything that happens in the league match.