IGNORED

Fa Cup Draw..liverpool Away!

MikeO

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

be very interesting to see how Gerrard copes in the two derbies as he has a poor disciplinary record in these matches (which should have been even worse - Naysmith). The Everton fans will undoubtedly be on his back big time and with 6500 fans in the FA Cup match he's going to get really wound up. I think Benitez will rest him for the cup, they really want the league this year and so I think there'll be a few changes in the cup personally. If we perform like we can then we can beat virtually anyone.

Tricky draw. Ces't La Vie. Being a realist I can't see a victory in either of the two games against them, but question for everyone here, what would you prefer, a victory in the league or a victory in the cup?

The poll on 'When Skies Are Grey' has shown that we would rather beat them in the cup that the league. I didn't see an option to beat them twice :D I myself would prefer to put them out of the FA Cup. Would be good to see them out and us progressing. The results of the poll at the moment are

League 63

FA Cup 108

F'king Setanta....bullshit <_< .

Setanta in my room I think. Not bad.

Liverpool have been playing pretty poorly for more than a month now (the odd performance aside), it's only Chelsea's indifferent form that has kept them at the top of the premiership and I know my brother has been fuming at some of Benitez's team selections etc recently. I think we are in much the better form and can take Liverpool, they always start to get scared once they're genuinely in the title hunt. We just need to figure out what system we'll play without Fellaini, I'd possibly bring in Castillo and leave Cahill up front but I'm not sure! We need to get stuck in as they are seriously wobbling at the moment and if Alonso is still out we'll have a real chance.

I wonder how many younger players will get a game - there's a vital league game aginst Arsenal three days later, so several players will need to be rested. Certainly, I'd be surprised to see Cahill, Osman, Pienaaar and Neville playing.

If he does'nt play his best eleven i will be very disappointed, professionally trained and super fit athletes should be able to play 3 hrs of football a week ffs.

My boss never ever gave me time off to rest because he thought i was working too hard. ;)

If he does'nt play his best eleven i will be very disappointed, professionally trained and super fit athletes should be able to play 3 hrs of football a week ffs.

My boss never ever gave me time off to rest because he thought i was working too hard. ;)

Do people pay money to watch you do your job? Do people follow your progress throughout ten months hoping you'll do well, apart from your immediate family?

Guest efctaxi

If we play the youngsters against the reds they will slaughter us .

I expect them to also have a very strong side against us , including Gerrard . Their fans would go ballistic if we beat a side that had him on the bench .

Do people pay money to watch you do your job? Do people follow your progress throughout ten months hoping you'll do well, apart from your immediate family?

What a load of rubbish! He has to put our best team out, this isn't the Carling Cup and its against the shite! They should be able to manage. Sheedysrightfoot if we were in the UEFA Cup still would you want us to field our youngsters to rest the likes of Cahill, Osman and Piennar?????

I wonder how many younger players will get a game - there's a vital league game aginst Arsenal three days later, so several players will need to be rested. Certainly, I'd be surprised to see Cahill, Osman, Pienaaar and Neville playing.

We had this conversation before the Macclesfield game. Having (quite rightly imo) played virtually his first eleven there DM's going to change his policy for Anfield?!?

Not a chance.

I personally think Benitez may rest a couple (including Gerrard in particular) for the cup match though.

NO NO NO NO NO. Will not happen. He is a twit but he isn't naive enough to underestimate us that much. The fact is if he doesn't play Gerrard we will win, simple as that. BTW I would rather a win in the league.

Yes, people give me money and sit looking over my shoulder while i'm doing my job, I was a bus driver. :D

Later a coach driver. :)

But if players need a rest after playing one game of football a week i would cut their wages, they should try going down the coal mines to earn a living, they might realise that playing fookin football twice a week is no work at all. JEEZ.

NO NO NO NO NO. Will not happen. He is a twit but he isn't naive enough to underestimate us that much. The fact is if he doesn't play Gerrard we will win, simple as that. BTW I would rather a win in the league.

Gerrard will have just been in court and we will have a lot of fans at the game, he'll be in for some serious stick and he has been sent off a couple of times in derbies before. Benitez won't be overly worried about the FA Cup, he has the league and the Champions League to concentrate on, I'd be surprised if he put out a full strength team in the cup personally, we will though. It's not a question of naiveity but a question of priorities, the FA Cup is not a big deal at this moment in time for Liverpool. I expect a strong team but a couple of players rested.