IGNORED

Fellaini Voted Best In Belgium

Guest efctaxi

Guest efctaxi

Don't know if you've seen this :

The best in Belgium

Maraoune Fellaini has been voted the best Belgian footballer by 'Voetbalmagazine'!

It's the second year in succession that Fellaini has won the award. Former Standard Leige teammates Axel Witsel and Steven Defour finished in 6th and 8th place respectively.

http://www.knack.be/nieuws/sport/marouane-...40.html?cid=rss

Edited by efctaxi

That is just one reporters' opinion, not a real vote.

I'd actually rank 'em :

1. Moussa Dembélé (AZ Alkmaar, Ned)

2. Vincent Kompany (Manchester City, Eng)

3. Steven Defour (Standard)

4. Axel Witsel (Standard)

5. Marouane Fellaini (Everton, Eng)

Fellaini also never won the most prestigious football award (Golden Shoe) in Belgium.

But congrats to him nonetheless! he's made very good progress with everton.

I'd actually rank 'em :

Fellaini also never won the most prestigious football award (Golden Shoe) in Belgium.

Don't see how you could put Kompany above Fellaini. Kompany has been ok, but just. Hasn't really done anything to turn them around or keep them from conceding, and has never been a standout. He's decent and does a job but I have to say Fellaini has been well above him this season.

I'd actually rank 'em :

I think kompany is doing good, but nothing exceptional.

Dembele is on of the best, but he hasn't realy prooved himself (yet) on a high level,

but with his talent he could become the biggest belgian player ever.

I want to give my top ten, but it would take me hours to decide who's the best :P

Like most I thought Moyes had been forced to pay an inflated price for Fellaini, but given his age, the fact that the premiership is way different to what he had played in and possibly his language difficulties, plus his settling in period....perhaps he could turn out to be a bargin!

He will soon learn to avoid numerous bookings, his fitness levels will increase, making him more able to be a pain in the arse to opponents at both ends of the pitch.

If we can get one decent striker on the pitch to start firing, add to him Fellaini, Cahill, Arteta and Osman and opponents will not know where the danger is coming from.

Like most folk, I was surprised when I awoke on the morning after deadline day to see we had paid £15 million for Fellaini. However after just watched him in two games against Liverpool(I honestly thought he was man of the match in both games) I thought this may have been a bit of shrewd business. This was backed up when we visited Liege for the return tie, where most Belgian observers, Liege and other supporters, reckoned he was the best player to come out of Belgium for decades, granted there are not that many, but that is irrelevant. the big lad has taken his time to settle to an alien country but I see him gradually turning things around and in the past month, well since that debacle at Wigan, he has been the top performer. Lets hope that continues and he gives another two man of the match performances against Liverpool but this time with the right results.

Like most folk, I was surprised when I awoke on the morning after deadline day to see we had paid £15 million for Fellaini. However after just watched him in two games against Liverpool(I honestly thought he was man of the match in both games) I thought this may have been a bit of shrewd business. This was backed up when we visited Liege for the return tie, where most Belgian observers, Liege and other supporters, reckoned he was the best player to come out of Belgium for decades, granted there are not that many, but that is irrelevant. the big lad has taken his time to settle to an alien country but I see him gradually turning things around and in the past month, well since that debacle at Wigan, he has been the top performer. Lets hope that continues and he gives another two man of the match performances against Liverpool but this time with the right results.

hm don't know if i agree with that ... he never even finished in the top5 of the "Golden Shoe" (on which everyone gets a vote) and you can't blame his age because the guy who won it last year (steven defour) is even younger.

generally Kompany (of Man City) is regarded as the best Belgian player in years (won Golden Shoe at age 19) ... but that's also debatable.

what however in my opinion is NOT debatable is that Fellaini is the best to come out of Belgium, seeing how he clearly is not..

he is nonetheless a good player and has really surprised with what he has been able to do in Everton.

EFC did get robbed with the fee because Moyes was desperate and the Standard chairman played it very smoothly (having a friend from Real Madrid call him during his meeting with Moyes) ... I think a more fitting fee would have been around 8-10million. (seeing how it did work out for Everton, at the time of the deal itself I thought 5m should have sealed the deal).

Edited by holystove

hm don't know if i agree with that ... he never even finished in the top5 of the "Golden Shoe" (on which everyone gets a vote) and you can't blame his age because the guy who won it last year (steven defour) is even younger.

generally Kompany (of Man City) is regarded as the best Belgian player in years (won Golden Shoe at age 19) ... but that's also debatable.

what however in my opinion is NOT debatable is that Fellaini is the best to come out of Belgium, seeing how he clearly is not..

he is nonetheless a good player and has really surprised with what he has been able to do in Everton.

EFC did get robbed with the fee because Moyes was desperate and the Standard chairman played it very smoothly (having a friend from Real Madrid call him during his meeting with Moyes) ... I think a more fitting fee would have been around 8-10million. (seeing how it did work out for Everton, at the time of the deal itself I thought 5m should have sealed the deal).

How is he clearly not?

he is the most expensive that has come out of belgium, which i think is a better indication then the golden shoe (It's not difficult to guess the winner if you follow the media the weeks beforehand, which is manipulative in my opinion)

I also doubt that defour our witsel, or any other belgian, would do as good as fellaini is doing in the PL at this moment: playing every match, scoring 3 goals as a midfielder, quite important ones to.

How is he clearly not?

he is the most expensive that has come out of belgium, which i think is a better indication then the golden shoe (It's not difficult to guess the winner if you follow the media the weeks beforehand, which is manipulative in my opinion)

I also doubt that defour our witsel, or any other belgian, would do as good as fellaini is doing in the PL at this moment: playing every match, scoring 3 goals as a midfielder, quite important ones to.

Before Fellaini the most expensive was Van Buyten (played for Man City for a year), by that definition he was the best ? Obviously not :)

The Fact that Fellaini is getting a lot of attention is also facilitated by his role in Everton, attacking midfielder in a free role ... whereas Kompany has to stay close to the defenders (and has only gotten praise from Hughes).

I doubt if you can say that Defour or Witsel would be worse, the number of top PL clubs that are interested in them seems to disagree with that statement.

I like Fellaini, but to me he's not the best Belgian player right now, and certainly not for decades as The Beard said.

Actually I've read in several places that we paid £7.5m for Fellaini.

The £15m is dependant upon appearances, europe etc.

We quoted £15m as it sounded a lot more impressive considering the crap pre-season and other failed targets.

So I think £7.5m is a good price in this day and age.

FAO of Holystove. If you read my comments closely and understand them you will realise it was not me saying Fellaini is the best Belgian for decades, I was commenting on Belgian football fans I met in Liege and I think they are more qualified to comment on Belgian football than I ever will be. However as usual, football is all about opinions and mine is how can Fellaini and Kompany be mentioned in the same breath.

FAO of Holystove. If you read my comments closely and understand them you will realise it was not me saying Fellaini is the best Belgian for decades, I was commenting on Belgian football fans I met in Liege and I think they are more qualified to comment on Belgian football than I ever will be. However as usual, football is all about opinions and mine is how can Fellaini and Kompany be mentioned in the same breath.

fair enough :) .

I'm just glad you clarified it were supporters of Standard who claim their player is the best in decades ... rather than "most Belgian observers, Liege and other supporters".

fair enough :) .

I'm just glad you clarified it were supporters of Standard who claim their player is the best in decades ... rather than "most Belgian observers, Liege and other supporters".

I think we all agree fellaini is one of the better belgian players at the moment :)

Witsel and defour probably are going to be better than fellaini, but not just yet. I think fellaini is the only one of the 3 who was ready for england this season

a little of topic: have you ever heard of Ritchie de Laet? young belgian who signed for Manchester United. Seems like belgians are popular in england lately

Best Dutch Drinker?

;)

Mo has been fantastic for us. One of the best signing that Moyes has made and has proved to be worth every penny. He's the best thing that we've got from Belgium. After that tit from Anderlecht <_<

quick update on this :

Tuesday, Vincent Kompany was named player of the month for december by Manchester City.

not that this settles anything, but it might lighten your stance on the fact that they're not even to be mentioned in the same breath. :) .

Guest efctaxi
quick update on this :

Tuesday, Vincent Kompany was named player of the month for december by Manchester City.

not that this settles anything, but it might lighten your stance on the fact that they're not even to be mentioned in the same breath. :) .

December will be a month City will want to forget :)

Wed 03 Dec 19:45 UEFA Cup Paris Saint Germain H 0 : 0

Sat 06 Dec 12:45 Barclays Premier League Fulham A 1 : 1

Sat 13 Dec 15:00 Barclays Premier League Everton H 0 : 1

Thu 18 Dec 19:45 UEFA Cup Real Racing Club A 1 : 3

Sun 21 Dec 13:30 Barclays Premier League West Bromwich Albion A 1 : 2

Fri 26 Dec 15:00 Barclays Premier League Hull City H 5 : 1

Sun 28 Dec 16:15 Barclays Premier League Blackburn Rovers A 2 : 2

December will be a month City will want to forget :)

Wed 03 Dec 19:45 UEFA Cup Paris Saint Germain H 0 : 0

Sat 06 Dec 12:45 Barclays Premier League Fulham A 1 : 1

Sat 13 Dec 15:00 Barclays Premier League Everton H 0 : 1

Thu 18 Dec 19:45 UEFA Cup Real Racing Club A 1 : 3

Sun 21 Dec 13:30 Barclays Premier League West Bromwich Albion A 1 : 2

Fri 26 Dec 15:00 Barclays Premier League Hull City H 5 : 1

Sun 28 Dec 16:15 Barclays Premier League Blackburn Rovers A 2 : 2

True,

but nevertheless it means something to be chosen as player of the month when you have robinho, wright-phillips and ireland in your team

Guest efctaxi
True,

but nevertheless it means something to be chosen as player of the month when you have robinho, wright-phillips and ireland in your team

Don't doubt it for a minute .

Actually I rate Kompany as high as Fellaini!

And as a supporter of Bruges, arch rival of both Anderlecht(Kompany) and Standard(Fellaini) I think i'm qualified to judge them both.

Fellaini's great but so is Kompany, he's got great physical presence, (he might not have shown it in England yet but) he can get forward as well, for een defensive midfielder/defender he's got great technique, ...

Fellaini or Kompany, I really don't know which one is better.

Actually I rate Kompany as high as Fellaini!

And as a supporter of Bruges, arch rival of both Anderlecht(Kompany) and Standard(Fellaini) I think i'm qualified to judge them both.

Fellaini's great but so is Kompany, he's got great physical presence, (he might not have shown it in England yet but) he can get forward as well, for een defensive midfielder/defender he's got great technique, ...

Fellaini or Kompany, I really don't know which one is better.

auch bad times :D .

but i'm sure the new german kid will turn things around for you <_< .

Marouane and kompany are the two best belgian players

Marouane isn't the most technical of all but he is the most complete player.

I disagree ...

Fellaini and Kompany are the best performing Belgians

but Marouane isn't the most complete player, at least not in my eyes ... I have to say Witsel is the most complete player.

I really like him and I rate him a lot higher than Fellaini and Kompany!

The guy's got everything, pace(although you wouldn't say that when you see him run), aerial ability, technique, stamina, he can get forward, he can score and defensively he's not that bad either.

And he's only 19 ...

If you want my advise on who's the biggest Belgian prospect ... than I'd go for Witsel, followed by Hazard and Dembele.