IGNORED

Only Loans

So I think we can put the transfer rumour thread to bed until the end of the season then?

You are right though, we should be able to get in there and buy players. The sad fact is we can't and that is a really embarrassing thing to say considering that at one time (Under the leadership of John Moores bless him) we were one of the richest clubs around. What was the old nickname? "The Mersey Millionaires"?

More like the "Skint Scousers" these days.

Guest efctaxi
So I think we can put the transfer rumour thread to bed until the end of the season then?

You are right though, we should be able to get in there and buy players. The sad fact is we can't and that is a really embarrassing thing to say considering that at one time (Under the leadership of John Moores bless him) we were one of the richest clubs around. What was the old nickname? "The Mersey Millionaires"?

More like the "Skint Scousers" these days.

We could spend another 100 million on players , but does anyone think that would make us better than the 4 clubs that are currently better than us ? Remember Leeds ?

It takes more than money to win the title , and though it would be nice to see us bringing in some new faces , I'd much rather be able to look at Everton with pride , knowing they've achieved what they have with blood and guts , and not through some muppet & his cheque book .

I still think Moyes and co will get a few players soon , and we'll go on to get a UEFA place .

Our time will come eventually , and I can't find anything 'embarrassing' about Everton Football Club .

At least Moyes has put the record straight

He's dismissed rumours in the past about us having no money and then popped up with a good signing. I just think that this time we don't have much money and that loan deals are the way foreward. It seems a little poor as a Premier League club but we still have a good squad that dosen't desperatly need any additions. If we don't get a striker I dont think we will plummit to the foot of the league. We would be a lot better with one yes, but we dont need to panic over signing one.

Our time will come eventually , and I can't find anything 'embarrassing' about Everton Football Club .

Agree with Taxi & Mike. Our time will come, and I love Everton Football Club. We are all biased towards them but I really dont see how we can be embarrased about ourselves. We've been in the top flight god knows how many years and we've done well whilst we've been there. It's all good.