IGNORED

Times Have Changed

MikeO

Enjoyed the mention on Football Focus today of, "The fourteen team battle for survival."

Great to be one of the six and to have long forgotten the dreaded forty point target that we used to have at the start of every season not so long ago.

For many years I looked at the table and if we had the same or more points than games played I was happy, even used to think if we had, say 18 points from 16 games, "We can lose the next two and still be OK."

Dark days....but character building :lol: .

Great scrap for relegation this season, good for football just as long as we are not involved.

As for the top!....Luckypool had that very lucky start, Arsenal are showing signs of slipping a bit, Chelsea to be honest you can see where thay are beatable.Man Utd possibly could still come good,

as for Aston Villa, it's only because others aren't firing that they are 3rd.

And us!.......well what a crap start to the season at home.

May could see an unlucky big team go down......a very lucky big team win the prem, and Everton finish in a champions league place. :huh:

This season has been a weird one. I know that I, and the rest of the forum are bias towards Liverpool but I do believe that once Chelsea and Manchester United get themselves sorted out they will over-take and win it. Liverpool always seem to crumble whenever they have a real chance of winning something. The Premiership could have been won many years ago but they always crumbled, this season will be the same. I think that we will get into UEFA, maybe Champions League because of how badly Arsenal are slipping. I think that it will be either Everton or Villa breaking the top 4 this season.

Who's going down? Really hard to tell but I can't see Stoke or West Brom surviving when the experianced Premiership teams start to give 100% to survive. They just wont be able to compete.

Think that the next one to go could be Blackburn or Middlesbrough. Blackburn are already in the thick of it after the poor work that Ince did. And Boro just don't seem to be able to compete this season and with Stuart Downing, thier over-rated best player could be on his way out the door. Bad times. I'm so glad that we arn't in the middle of it all - For once :)

Enjoyed the mention on Football Focus today of, "The fourteen team battle for survival."

Just out in the car listening to the Wigan/Spurs game and Paul Jewell called it, "..a fifteen team relegation battle."

Nearly drove off the road shouting at the radio....red wanker <_< .

Luckily for my blood pressure the commentator put him right. "Seventh down....anyone outside of the top six."

before the united game sky shown the table as the battle for the champions league places, only shown the top 6 though.

this season has been fantastic i think, not for us for the whole league. if it could stay that tight until may it would be very very exciting!

Good to see Tottenham back where they belong. If one of them, Newcastle or City went down that would be great to see. At the moment I genuinely believe we will qualify for next years CL. After this month our schedule becomes unbelieveably easy. February and March should see us taking maximum points from almost every game and give us some great momentum going into the business end of the season. If we play like we have the last month for the rest of the season there is no doubt we will finish top 4. The trouble is actually sustaining this form.

Good to see Tottenham back where they belong. If one of them, Newcastle or City went down that would be great to see. At the moment I genuinely believe we will qualify for next years CL. After this month our schedule becomes unbelieveably easy. February and March should see us taking maximum points from almost every game and give us some great momentum going into the business end of the season. If we play like we have the last month for the rest of the season there is no doubt we will finish top 4. The trouble is actually sustaining this form.

I'm with you there mate. I've just looked at the fixtures and we are all set for a Champions Leauge place. Once this hard run is out of the way we are against teams who I believe we can beat comfortably. If we just keep up the momentum and don't throw away silly points we could be looking at months and monhs of maximum points.

IMO, Arsenal's days in the Top 4 are over, time for us to join ;)