IGNORED

6 Clean Sheets In A Row.

toffee77

When you consider our absolutely shocking defensive record at the beginning of the season it's even more of an achievement. The defence and GK have done very well to turn it around completely. It's testament to the change that in those 6 games that Howard hasn't really been tested, so it just shows how rock steady the defenders infront of him have been.

Keep it up lads.

I think Howard deserves some credit as well, he's been absolutely excellent/faultless for a couple of months now at least, easily one of the best keepers in the country and making a mockery of those saying he wasn't good enough earlier in the season. He's been confident when coming for crosses and still made some excellent saves, today he wasn't tested at all however.

I think Howard deserves some credit as well, he's been absolutely excellent/faultless for a couple of months now at least, easily one of the best keepers in the country and making a mockery of those saying he wasn't good enough earlier in the season. He's been confident when coming for crosses and still made some excellent saves, today he wasn't tested at all however.

Well, there's a confidence relationship between defenders and keeper. If you're confident in your keeper, you play more relaxed, more focused, knowing that he's focused as well, and anything that gets by you, he'll be on top of it. The opposite is also true, if a keeper is confident in his defenders, he knows what he can expect from them, and not over extend himself. I think that's what's clearly going on at the moment, the defenders and keeper trust each other, and that means a more relaxed, focused defensive play, since you're not worried about mistakes that might compromise.

The thing I've noticed in these last games, is that Everton is playing a much more direct game, decent pressure while on defense, and steady attacking with the ball. Curious enough, this form seems to come when Everton are out of attackers. could this mean that the freedom of movement given the midfielders, since they're not always playing for the pass to the striker... Anyone else noticed that? I've seen a more confident Everton, dominating, and, despite the lack of a striker, scoring easily.

Edited by Sporting4ever

Well, there's a confidence relationship between defenders and keeper. If you're confident in your keeper, you play more relaxed, more focused, knowing that he's focused as well, and anything that gets by you, he'll be on top of it. The opposite is also true, if a keeper is confident in his defenders, he knows what he can expect from them, and not over extend himself. I think that's what's clearly going on at the moment, the defenders and keeper trust each other, and that means a more relaxed, focused defensive play, since you're not worried about mistakes that might compromise.

The thing I've noticed in these last games, is that Everton is playing a much more direct game, decent pressure while on defense, and steady attacking with the ball. Curious enough, this form seems to come when Everton are out of attackers. could this mean that the freedom of movement given the midfielders, since they're not always playing for the pass to the striker... Anyone else noticed that? I've seen a more confident Everton, dominating, and, despite the lack of a striker, scoring easily.

Completely true,

But I think scoring against the bigger clubs we are going to meet in the next games, without strikers, is something else.

Nothing to add about the defense, just couldn't be better :)