IGNORED

Anichebe

I would just like to say i thought Anichebe had a very good game against Liverpool. He won a lot of headers, he was a nuisance for defenders and he put in a good shift at right wing (conversion maybe???) . Hope he can build on this as we need some kind of presence up front which we cant deny he has physically. I would not pick a fight with him :) .

Guest efctaxi

Yes , he played well , but unfortunately , no end result .

In my opinion , he is a bit sluggish , and needs to lose some body mass to sharpen up .

Maybe a few games will get him fit , but not sure I would pick him on Sunday .

In my opinion , he is a bit sluggish , and needs to lose some body mass to sharpen up .

Vic had a good game tonight, no doubt about that, he made Hyppia look well past his sell by date. That said he still goes down far to easily, he needs to think more IMO. Like you I'd look elsewhere for the next game, young Gosling may be in the frame

He didn't too bad at making a nuisance of himself but he dosen't seem to be working hard enough. There was a number of times where he could have made the ball had he ran for it and he just didn't. For me Vic is good at holding the players off, but he's not good at actually being a striker. He dosen't seem to score much and against Liverpool yesterday he never looked like doing.

The sooner Saha comes back the better, because I don't think we would see a massive change in the team should Vic leave.

sluggish? I don't know which match you were watching but numerous times Anichebe destroyed Skyrtel and Hyppia when giving them about 10 yards headstart. He hardly lost the ball all night, many times he was picking it up with 2 or 3 men on, buffeting him from all directions and yet he managed to use his strength and keep hold of the ball, showing good control and skill and no little pace. It was disappointing that he appeared to dive when in a decent position (although unlikely to score) but remember, he had done it all himself, chased what looked a lost cause, caught the defender, tackled him, shrugged him off the ball and then beat another defender to get into the box, it was brilliant powerhouse forward play. Many times he could have gone down other times in the match and didn't and then the referee gave nothing even though people were pulling him, knocking him off balance etc. I thought it was the complete lone striker performance and whilst Cahill did an admirable job, he was nothing like the threat that Anichebe was and contributed nowhere near as much. Anichebe constantly won headers, worked at least as hard as Cahill, had an excellent volley saved, set up Cahills excellent headed effort with a great cross, won the free kick for the goal with a great turn. I thought he was a revelation and even bitter Liverpool fans in work actually called him a 'beast.' His best performance in an Everton shirt and the best performance by any striker on the pitch imo, if he doesn't start the next game (injury aside) then it's a disgrace and I don't think for one minute that Moyes would have been even 1% disappointed in Anichebe, the boy is starting to look like the future of Everton's strikeforce. Forget about the fact that he has looked lazy in the past, this season his all round game has transformed and against Villa and Liverpool (last 30 minutes - he was the best player on the wing too) he has put in the best performance I've seen by a lone striker in an Everton shirt this season.

sluggish? I don't know which match you were watching but numerous times Anichebe destroyed Skyrtel and Hyppia when giving them about 10 yards headstart. He hardly lost the ball all night, many times he was picking it up with 2 or 3 men on, buffeting him from all directions and yet he managed to use his strength and keep hold of the ball, showing good control and skill and no little pace. It was disappointing that he appeared to dive when in a decent position (although unlikely to score) but remember, he had done it all himself, chased what looked a lost cause, caught the defender, tackled him, shrugged him off the ball and then beat another defender to get into the box, it was brilliant powerhouse forward play. Many times he could have gone down other times in the match and didn't and then the referee gave nothing even though people were pulling him, knocking him off balance etc. I thought it was the complete lone striker performance and whilst Cahill did an admirable job, he was nothing like the threat that Anichebe was and contributed nowhere near as much. Anichebe constantly won headers, worked at least as hard as Cahill, had an excellent volley saved, set up Cahills excellent headed effort with a great cross, won the free kick for the goal with a great turn. I thought he was a revelation and even bitter Liverpool fans in work actually called him a 'beast.' His best performance in an Everton shirt and the best performance by any striker on the pitch imo, if he doesn't start the next game (injury aside) then it's a disgrace and I don't think for one minute that Moyes would have been even 1% disappointed in Anichebe, the boy is starting to look like the future of Everton's strikeforce. Forget about the fact that he has looked lazy in the past, this season his all round game has transformed and against Villa and Liverpool (last 30 minutes - he was the best player on the wing too) he has put in the best performance I've seen by a lone striker in an Everton shirt this season.

good analysis carl, i do think he needed some more credit for tonights preformance. He was literally thrown into the lions mouth and came out with a few cuts but nevertheless with his pride intact.

Wouldnt have started him last night, but having said that I thought the lad gave it everything and caused them a lot of problems so on that basis alone he earned his place for next Sunday. It's clear he needs a run of 8-10 games to read the game properly and get his fitness levels up to where they should be, but he certainly has a lot of 'raw' ability and potential if it can be harnessed properly.