IGNORED

Acting Like You Won

stinkbomb

I am a liverpool supporter, and to be honest i found it shockin the way all everton fans wer acting like you had won the game! your excuse is that you have taken away the league from us, but we have 5 months left and from what i see were level on points at the top of the prem :D we still have united to play! so lets see what happens in may, and as for sunday i think its a guarenteed victory!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you'd have rescued a point at the death you'd be treating it as a good result as well.

i'm celebrating a good away point won. the fact that so many smug liverpool fans were acting like a liverpool win was a foregone conclusion just adds to the enjoyment of the result. and as for sunday plenty of liverpool fans were telling me yesterday would be a guaranteed victory - what happened there?

even if you had won you wouldn't have gone on and win the league. i can see liverpool finishing 3rd and at least 5 points behind Utd.

thanks for your contribution to the thread though

Edited by whitty

Surely you can see why we would celebrate.... we scored in the last 5 minutes when it seemed we were destined to lose..... against our biggest rivals who have a completely fit side and are right near the top of the table.... when we are missing arguably 4 of our best 11 including all of our strikers. I'm not making excuses or saying we would have won with a full side. (although we would have) I'm simply saying that surely you can agree we had reason to celebrate.

And yes we will see what happens in May ;)

yer i agree its a good result, but the way you wer celebrating was like you had jus won the league! if that was at Goodison and we got a last minute goal you wouldnt see us acting as if we had won, its simply a draw so i dnt see what ther is to get excited about, and i dont agree with 3rd place at all! were going to win it or finish 2nd at least, but not 3rd.

I am a liverpool supporter, and to be honest i found it shockin the way all everton fans wer acting like you had won the game! your excuse is that you have taken away the league from us, but we have 5 months left and from what i see were level on points at the top of the prem :D we still have united to play! so lets see what happens in may, and as for sunday i think its a guarenteed victory!

And just what was all that with Gerrard and the subs? You thought you had it won and did'nt have the balls to go on and secure the victory. You got one point because that was all a very determined and resiliant Everton team let you have.

Rather have fans like ours than those muppets of yours leaving early to get back to JLA for their flight home

you talk about us acting like we had won the game,

the way your supporters ran out of the ground as soon as the goal went in, suggests you had LOST the title.

plus, i dont know how you can suggest winning the title on a performance like that last night, gerrard got you out of jail yet again.

the way your supporters ran out of the ground as soon as the goal went in, suggests you had LOST the title.

plus, i dont know how you can suggest winning the title on a performance like that last night, gerrard got you out of jail yet again.

was the pun there intended lol. :lol:

He may have to do it for real soon! :lol:

yer i agree its a good result, but the way you wer celebrating was like you had jus won the league

If Liverpool were 1-0 down at Old Trafford with five minutes left and equalized they'd celebrate like they won the game.

This argument is being put forward by bitter reds everywhere and it's frankly laughable. And you know it....you're grasping at straws to try and find some way of diverting attention away from your massive internecine arguments.

Never seen anything so bitter in my life as you lot talking about your own team (and each other) on your message boards last night and today.

I'm honestly really quite shocked by it.

What you really mean is that you are shocked that your club does not have the emotive, passionate following as shown by true supporters. Maybe having a huge amount of out of towners at the game doesn't bring with it the passion that locals would and maybe that is really what shocks you. By the way, if you're old enough, what pub did you watch the game in?

yer i agree its a good result, but the way you wer celebrating was like you had jus won the league! if that was at Goodison and we got a last minute goal you wouldnt see us acting as if we had won, its simply a draw so i dnt see what ther is to get excited about, and i dont agree with 3rd place at all! were going to win it or finish 2nd at least, but not 3rd.

Of course we celebrate, after all it's a point away from home. As regards to your comment on how the fans react at full time, that's because you lot think you are far superior to us, yesterday you weren't. We Evertonians are celebrating an away point, celebrating the fact it was so late in the game that you lot thought you had already won, celebrating come May that when you don't win the league we actually might have had something to do with that, BUT above all, we drew with you in a 90+ minute game with all your expensive "world class" players........when we only have our third ranked forward available, our only midfielder with any physical presence suspended and a defence that all speak english as their first language, AND on top of that Phil Neville was in the team! Our whole team probably cost less than your front line, and we still didn't lose, and that my friend is what pisses you lot off the most, which in turn, gives us 'bluenoses' the greatest pleasure. :D

I think a lot of what you say is rubbish (no offense intended by that)

Everton fans were celebrating because there was a draw when defeat had looked on the cards. In a local derby match that is important. It would be the same the other way around, if Liverpool had salvaged a draw from the brink of defeat.

I have not heard any Everton supporters claiming that they had taken the league away from Liverpool. Liverpool are quite capable of doing that for themselves by not winning the games that on paper they should do, especially considering how much they have spent to win the league. If any Everton supporters say that to a Liverpool fan it is to wind them up (seems to have worked with you)

As for being level on points with United. Well good luck, but in reality, if you look at it with open eyes, you will realise that but for the failings of Liverpool recently they would still be a few points clear.

If you win the league you will do it on merit, not by bitching and moaning.

Tim Cahill, Cahill,

He takes it past 1 - nill,

He heads it with no thrill,

Tim Cahill, Cahill!!

It was great to get an equaliser near the end but far from celebrating like we won the league I felt very subdued after the game, I thought we outplayed Liverpool, had a few good chances and deserved to win the game...and I was disappointed with a point.

Imagine if Moyes was given the money Rafa has had, added to the spirit that surrounds Everton, we would be some force

lol i was watching the match online and even i went nuts when king cahill scored :D

i agree with what JoeyYobo said though.

the telecast cut to the crowd after cahill scored, all you could see was a sea of red leaving the stands

Why come in here and ask questions of us, remember we dropped two points last night. If I was you I'd go to LFC forums and join in the debate on how long Benitez will last such is the despair being shown by those of the red persuasion......here is an amusing link for you http://forums.icnorthwest.co.uk/viewtopic....sc&start=45 , Rafa is no longer the gaffer :lol::lol::lol::lol:

just pissed off you couldnt beat a weakened side of ours just get over it you fucked it up and when you dont win the title come the end of the season blame yourselves and dont get at us for celebrating a late won away point against one of the so called big four. anywhere else we'd have celebrated just makes it better that it pissed you lot off so much! :lol: get over it and concentrate on messin up on sunday aswell!

and as for vic he was good yesterday but james is better so 4th rate striker not 3rd :P

The Tim Cahill Drinking game. Cant think of a rhyme then take a drink.

Tim Cahill Cahill...

he's working at the mill,

'cos his mam and dad are ill,

tim cahill, cahill!

Tim Cahill Cahill...

His lady of the night was brill

The hookers name was Jill

Tim Cahill Tim Cahill

and so on!!

Me and The Mighty blues made that up last night, mainly because we could hear the scousers singing the gerard version.

A late equalizer in a Derby game away from home, when your side's players have cost less than the opponent's striker, is that not reason to celebrate?

As for the league, you DID loose the lead, you may say you're level on points, but they have a game less, so potentially, you're 3 points behind. And United's games are a lot easier than Liverpool's, namely they play you and arsenal at home.

Face it, every time you guys have gotten a late goal, you've held back and defended, while what you should be doing is trying for the 2nd, not give your opponent the iniciative. You did, and Cahill made you pay for it, so unless you change that sort of attitude, you can kiss the tittle goodbye. Oh, and don't forget, the reason you're still in contention is because both united had chelsea have been dropping waaay more points than they did last season, otherwise you'd be out of it already...

A late equalizer in a Derby game away from home, when your side's players have cost less than the opponent's striker, is that not reason to celebrate?

As for the league, you DID loose the lead, you may say you're level on points, but they have a game less, so potentially, you're 3 points behind. And United's games are a lot easier than Liverpool's, namely they play you and arsenal at home.

Face it, every time you guys have gotten a late goal, you've held back and defended, while what you should be doing is trying for the 2nd, not give your opponent the iniciative. You did, and Cahill made you pay for it, so unless you change that sort of attitude, you can kiss the tittle goodbye. Oh, and don't forget, the reason you're still in contention is because both united had chelsea have been dropping waaay more points than they did last season, otherwise you'd be out of it already...

You sound like an evertonain in that post :D. An mate were celabratin cos we drew with top of the league (wouldn't think it the way Liverpool played). An top of the league beein Liverpool makes it that extra sweet :P

Guest efctaxi

If you read my post in the match thread , you'll see I was certainly not celebrating .

How guys like you have the nerve to look down upon Everton , after what we achieve with so little amazes me . There is no supporter in the league that can walk as tall as an Everton fan , and if they were delighted with the result , then it's great that they enjoyed the game , as it should be .

Liverpool are a great side , but don't come here looking for supporters to justify themselves . It's over 18 years since you last won the title , despite the investment you have received , and a large percentage of your supporters weren't even born the last time you won it .

So as far as league status is concerned , you are just another ' also ran ' like the rest of us . Had you not got everybody kicked out of Europe , then perhaps Everton would have gained highly in the financial stakes , and may this day have been in a position to afford world class players , and compete for the title themselves .

Everton are proven , and recognised by the other clubs , as being the 5th best team in the league .

Compare the spending of the top 4 to Everton , and you'll see that for all your money spent , you are still as vulnerable as the next team . What Everton have , Liverpool or indeed City can't buy , and it's that ingredient that will be needed if you want to win the title .

Take a leaf out of our book , and you might just learn something . The closest thing you have in your team to the Everton spirit is Gerrard , and without him , you are mediocre . That's why United will win the title once more .