IGNORED

Acting Like You Won

stinkbomb

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll admit, I don't understand why some Reds fans claim that the derby means nothing.

When we beat you I get as much pleasure as when we beat any other team in the league. Perhaps if we beat the Mancs it'd be more pleasurable because of our current situation but Everton ARE our biggest rivals. I don't care what anyone else says. I hate other teams more than Everton such as Arsenal and Chelsea but I don't get nearly as much pleasure from winning.

It's the derby. These things are supposed to be passionate!

I'll admit, I don't understand why some Reds fans claim that the derby means nothing.

When we beat you I get as much pleasure as when we beat any other team in the league. Perhaps if we beat the Mancs it'd be more pleasurable because of our current situation but Everton ARE our biggest rivals. I don't care what anyone else says. I hate other teams more than Everton such as Arsenal and Chelsea but I don't get nearly as much pleasure from winning.

It's the derby. These things are supposed to be passionate!

its 2 separate things

1. too many wools follow us and have no geographical link to merseyside, therefore everton are just another team to them

2. pretending the derby means nothing is a sly way of winding them up, i.e. we only care about the BIG teams.

every local match going red i know counts the derby as the biggest games of the season, nothing, not even united, feels quite like a derby. the horrible nervous feeling you have days beforehand, derby belly. derbys are fucking horrible, spiteful things. they dominate your life for pretty much the whole week and you cant enjoy them till the final whistle, even at 2 or 3 up you're still bricking it with 5 minutes left.

its 2 separate things

1. too many wools follow us and have no geographical link to merseyside, therefore everton are just another team to them

2. pretending the derby means nothing is a sly way of winding them up, i.e. we only care about the BIG teams.

every local match going red i know counts the derby as the biggest games of the season, nothing, not even united, feels quite like a derby. the horrible nervous feeling you have days beforehand, derby belly. derbys are fucking horrible, spiteful things. they dominate your life for pretty much the whole week and you cant enjoy them till the final whistle, even at 2 or 3 up you're still bricking it with 5 minutes left.

I could have understood your point if you had said there are to many plastic fans that do not truly follow a team i.e United and so on but i dont see where a geographical link to Merseyside would make you more of a fan of any club and carry less passion for which ever club it is you support.

The big difference is that in the derby's the shite have more to loose due to there league positions and the massive amount of money your club have spent to our own so to be beaten by a "small club" as the onion would say is more damaging to your supporters as we dont expect to win as most of your lot do hence the comments of late.

I could have understood your point if you had said there are to many plastic fans that do not truly follow a team i.e United and so on but i dont see where a geographical link to Merseyside would make you more of a fan of any club and carry less passion for which ever club it is you support.

The big difference is that in the derby's the shite have more to loose due to there league positions and the massive amount of money your club have spent to our own so to be beaten by a "small club" as the onion would say is more damaging to your supporters as we dont expect to win as most of your lot do hence the comments of late.

dont talk shite. its nothing to do with how much of a fan you are, its the fact you've been brought up in an environment of multi-generational red and/or blue families, a local derby will always mean more to locals because its a part of the fabric of where they live and permiates into most aspects of their everyday lives.

and every good blue i know, and by that i mean match going blues, the derby means as much to them as it does to us, losing it hurts no matter where you are in the league, its fuck all to do with points and positions compared to local and personal pride and i guess the fact you dont see that probably proves my point.

dont talk shite. its nothing to do with how much of a fan you are, its the fact you've been brought up in an environment of multi-generational red and/or blue families, a local derby will always mean more to locals because its a part of the fabric of where they live and permiates into most aspects of their everyday lives.

and every good blue i know, and by that i mean match going blues, the derby means as much to them as it does to us, losing it hurts no matter where you are in the league, its fuck all to do with points and positions compared to local and personal pride and i guess the fact you dont see that probably proves my point.

Although the fact that the team is located in your city makes it a point of pride, to say it's not the same to fans from other areas is just ignorant. I live in Cardiff, I also support Cardiff City, but for 21 years I have been a toffee through and through. All through school i got made fun of for supporting them, and pretty much straight through to the office where only with our recent Moyes-inspired revival have we been any shade of the team we were in the late eighties, and worthy of more than a scoff from supporters of so called "bigger" teams. I've never missed a derby, and never will. To say because I don't come from a family split by loyalty to either team, or that I don't live in the city ergo I don't feel the same anticipation/excitement/nervousness is absolute bullshit. My grandad and brother are Manure fans, my step-brother is a Chelsea fan and my dad and I are toffees. There was more than a palpalble tension in the house when any of the sides met, and just because it wasn't a redshite/bluenose split didn't make the confrontations any less passionate.

My last girlfriend was a redshite, and when we watched the derbies it was like a b-movie horror special, we tore each other apart for 90 minutes, it was fucking awesome, and to be honest I find it offensive that somebody believes they have more right than others to support their team. How do you think the biggest clubs become the biggest clubs? They attract people from all over the world, who want to follow them. I mean think about it, Hollywood wouldn't exist were it not for everyone watching the bullshit they put out every year, but you don't see American filmakers turning around to outsiders and saying "You obviously don't understand or appreciate this as much because you don't live here"

And I wouldn't be turning my back on british films if I preferred American films. The comparison is self evident, I support Cardiff City, with the same fervour and endeavour that I do Everton, but I prefer Everton. When all is said and done, they are my club. And I don't need to live in the city to appreciate what the club means to me, I already know that. Yes in the literal "build-up" sense of course the locals will feel it more than the outside supporters because there are more of you in one place, but it isn't a point of pride or passion, it's a point of self-righteousness that you feel it more, and to that end you can carry on for all I care.

A true evertonian wears it in his blood, in the ongoing and never decaying faith that this historic club will forever be the most honest and dedicated collection of unique individuals in the footballing world. I am honoured to be part of a following of one of the most prestigous institutions in football, and I don't feel any less of a fan for not being part of the city that created it. To me a true toffee is the understated fan, who knows what it means to be truly dedicated to your club, and doesn't need to boast their pride to the many disbelievers, because in the end it's still a grand old team....

I think the point about fans not from the city is vague. My understanding is an irritation of 'knowledgable' supporters who come from another area where other major teams are based, and that these fans will drivel on about how great their team is this and that, but their knowledge is limited to what they hear down the pub, watch on Sky or read in the paper.

I think just having a go at someone because they are not from the place their team is is short sighted. I notice Everton have a strong Irish and Scandinavian contingent, and also have a strong base in ex-pat communities worldwide.

It tends to be directed at the likes of Liverpool and Man Utd, as their success has led them to be household names, and have supporters who go to see them as a status mark, like driving a BMW, or having a pair of Jimmy Choo shoes. Just because thay can afford the season ticket, doesn't make them experts, petrolheads or fashionable, it just shows they can afford 'the best'. Unfortunately, these fans have helped push football away from the working class game it once was, and is driving 'the common man' to occasional visits and armchair supporting due to the excessive cost to go. It then becomes frustrating to listen to these fans bleat on how good their team is, when they aren't really enjoying the game, but the result that the teams success bring and that is where their 'knowledge' ends. So when you get into a debate, they will just hamper on about how great their team is without appreciating the beautiful game.

That is just my take on it and what gets my back up about non local supporters, not that they don't come from a place, but because of the motives behing their support and their subsequent bulls***.

Well put Reg mate you basically covered the points i was going to make.

Did you even read my post you tool i never said anything about how much of a fan you are those where your words i stated that living in a city of which ever club it is you follow makes you no more of a supporter of which ever club that may be thats playground material, Yes you may have more of a cultural background regarding families and so on but that does not make you more of a fan or more passionate about a which ever team you follow to even think so shows how shallow minded you are.

As for the match going blue's comment thats a tad of the mark as it shows nothing i am sure there are many football supporters around this Country that are unable to attend games due to various reasons which makes them in no way less of a supporter would you say that the fans that travel many many miles week in week out to see your club are less passionate and supportive then you?

Guest efctaxi

The subject currently being discussed is very deep , and has too many angles to be challenged within a few posts .

For me , it's a subject that's perhaps best left well alone :)

The subject currently being discussed is very deep , and has too many angles to be challenged within a few posts .

For me , it's a subject that's perhaps best left well alone :)

I think your right mate :P its a debat which could go down to many routes so i will leave it at that. Where abouts in the NW is from Taxi?

Guest efctaxi
I think your right mate :P its a debat which could go down to many routes so i will leave it at that. Where abouts in the NW is from Taxi?

Runcorn , though I'm working on a cunning plan :|

I dont usually post,but i have to laugh because when stevie gee bag scored the shite acted like they won the treble......and your whingeing cos we celebrated a late goal in the derby?

LOSERS!

Welcome bluemist, join in more often mate

Its a good point you make, I was going to suggest changing the thread title to 'Acting like you didn't win' for the sake of the red shyte contributors.

If hypocrisy was a colour it would be red :lol:

Welcome bluemist, join in more often mate

Its a good point you make, I was going to suggest changing the thread title to 'Acting like you didn't win' for the sake of the red shyte contributors.

If hypocrisy was a colour it would be red :lol:

Wow a welcome,you dont get that on blue kipper,its usually 7 posts of abuse for first timers lol

Well put Reg mate you basically covered the points i was going to make.

Did you even read my post you tool i never said anything about how much of a fan you are those where your words i stated that living in a city of which ever club it is you follow makes you no more of a supporter of which ever club that may be thats playground material, Yes you may have more of a cultural background regarding families and so on but that does not make you more of a fan or more passionate about a which ever team you follow to even think so shows how shallow minded you are.

As for the match going blue's comment thats a tad of the mark as it shows nothing i am sure there are many football supporters around this Country that are unable to attend games due to various reasons which makes them in no way less of a supporter would you say that the fans that travel many many miles week in week out to see your club are less passionate and supportive then you?

you see you are doing it agiain. i'm talking specifically about the derby and you come back with some gerneralised sentimental waffle about having everton in your veins. i know perfectly well how passionate some oot fans can be and despite what the majority of everton fans i know say, i know you have a fair sized oot following too, fucks sake im from the wirral, this isnt some "only scousers should get tickets" rant you may be comparing it to, its just the simple fact that a local derby will always mean more to locals. i'm not arguing about this i've seen it enough times with my own eyes in real life enough times to give a shit what someone types on a message board, its just that you dont seem to be able to grasp the point i was making. its funny how contrary you lot can be sometimes, theres plenty of blues out there who would swear blind you lot dont exist, that every match going blue lives on or just off county road :rolleyes:

and the fact is the people who talk the most sence about football, the most realistic, cynical, tinted glasses well and truly off, type of people tend to be regular match goers. so dont hate the player, hate the game, its not my fault its true.

you see you are doing it agiain. i'm talking specifically about the derby and you come back with some gerneralised sentimental waffle about having everton in your veins. i know perfectly well how passionate some oot fans can be and despite what the majority of everton fans i know say, i know you have a fair sized oot following too, fucks sake im from the wirral, this isnt some "only scousers should get tickets" rant you may be comparing it to, its just the simple fact that a local derby will always mean more to locals. i'm not arguing about this i've seen it enough times with my own eyes in real life enough times to give a shit what someone types on a message board, its just that you dont seem to be able to grasp the point i was making. its funny how contrary you lot can be sometimes, theres plenty of blues out there who would swear blind you lot dont exist, that every match going blue lives on or just off county road :rolleyes:

and the fact is the people who talk the most sence about football, the most realistic, cynical, tinted glasses well and truly off, type of people tend to be regular match goers. so dont hate the player, hate the game, its not my fault its true.

All you need to do is read your own posts to realise that you have contradicted your own views and opinions as you say you are from the Wirral you are hardly a local red are you so by your own logic your not as passionate or supportive as the ones you label yourself.

I really cant be botherd to argue with you because your clearly a plank who thinks he is some elite shite fan and you have the cheek to label "us lot" as contrary and say i talk waffle :lol:

Yup.

Any sensible argument you might have had Johny was lost completely when you said,

"...its funny how contrary you lot can be sometimes" :rolleyes: .

i know what point you are making, that Liverpool fans can be contrary too, but thats pretty pointless as it doesn't change the truth in what i said in any way.

and if efctaxi can point out where it is I've said that I am just as passionate as a local fan then maybe he would also have a point. But he wont be able to unfortunatly.

Guest efctaxi
i know what point you are making, that Liverpool fans can be contrary too, but thats pretty pointless as it doesn't change the truth in what i said in any way.

and if efctaxi can point out where it is I've said that I am just as passionate as a local fan then maybe he would also have a point. But he wont be able to unfortunatly.

Sorry Johny , but on this occasion you've lost me :blink:

Can you explain my connection to any of your posts in this thread please ?

All you need to do is read your own posts to realise that you have contradicted your own views and opinions as you say you are from the Wirral you are hardly a local red are you so by your own logic your not as passionate or supportive as the ones you label yourself.

I really cant be botherd to argue with you because your clearly a plank who thinks he is some elite shite fan and you have the cheek to label "us lot" as contrary and say i talk waffle :lol:

plank! ouch! come on play nice sweetheart.

fisrt of all, it says wirral as my location. i was posting under the assumption that this is clearly visable to everyone on this board? i havent labeled myself as anything!

and second of all, on the subject of contrary, in your first reply to me you said "but i dont see where a geographical link to Merseyside would make you more of a fan of any club and carry less passion for which ever club it is you support"

and then in your second reply you denied talking about "how much of a fan you are"

but what i really dont understend is why you think you know more about the nature of our support than me? the question was asked why some liverpool fans say everton isnt a big game. the fact is that a lot of liverpool fans dont see it as a derby and treat it like any other game. the united game is the only other that sells using the same pre-req rules as the derby (2 pre-determined fixtures registered against a fan card), and every year united sells out twice as fast. this season the derby eventually went to any fancard holder with any 08-09 game registered against it and there were still tickets on sale that evening! sad fact of the modern game but too many sky generation fans believe the media hype over the mythical "big-four" and see games against the likes of everton, spurs, west ham, and villa as average run of the mill games comparable to bolton or reading. whether you like it or not, and clearly you dont, the lads at the match you see and hear with this type of attitude never have a local accent.

this quote bollocks is beyond me but i think bluebri put it much more eloquently than i can on page 4 of this thread.

so you either think you know our fans better than me, or think i'm lying about it?

I am a liverpool supporter, and to be honest i found it shockin the way all everton fans wer acting like you had won the game! your excuse is that you have taken away the league from us, but we have 5 months left and from what i see were level on points at the top of the prem :D we still have united to play! so lets see what happens in may, and as for sunday i think its a guarenteed victory!

I know its really really late now but I just wanted to make sure that I got a post in on this thread - were acting like we won now because we did win (:

We played you off the park at Goodison and the goal coulden't have come from a better person, well done to Dan and seeing as were in a good mood on ToffeeTalk there will be a 'Get Well Soon' card going out to Gerrard ;)