IGNORED

Who Is The Biggest Surprise Of The Season?

kolon

bollocks, arteta always looked class and it was obvious that if he signed up during the summer he would be an excellent signing.

Kroldrup certainly a dissapointing suprise!

Osman a bit of a suprise, he played well last season but then lost his place and with new midfield players brought in it looked like he was losing his chance, however he got back in there, got stuck in and has really impressed since getting back in the team.

Guest fozzie22
Biggest shock for me is Davies I thought he would give us a great option down the right flank.  On a plus I would say Faddy starting to finally prove he can be a premiership player

I said davies was shite when we signed him,faddy is still a no hoper for me

bollocks, arteta always looked class and it was obvious that if he signed up during the summer he would be an excellent signing.

Kroldrup certainly a dissapointing suprise!

Osman a bit of a suprise, he played well last season but then lost his place and with new midfield players brought in it looked like he was losing his chance, however he got back in there, got stuck in and has really impressed since getting back in the team.

I disagree - Arteta was good from Crystal Palace in (about 5 games end of last season) and that was to earn a contract. When he signed in january 2005 he wasn't exactly a world beater and was very much overshadowed by a solid midfield imo. His tackling wasn't anywhere near as good as it is now! I thought we would, by in large, get average performances from him (like when he first signed) and for a while we did. Start of this season when he was in the middle of the park we were awful - arteta and cahill just weren't performing (neither was anyone else really). Since the Bucharest game at home when Moyesy put him down the right, he has been superb, better than ever before. And now, even when he is slotted back into centre mid, he plays extremely well - so for me, he has been a surprise - I really didnt think we would get that much talent and I think that it has brought Osman on as well - I think Osman is encouraged by it.

I disagree - Arteta was good from Crystal Palace in (about 5 games end of last season) and that was to earn a contract. When he signed in january 2005 he wasn't exactly a world beater and was very much overshadowed by a solid midfield imo. His tackling wasn't anywhere near as good as it is now! I thought we would, by in large, get average performances from him (like when he first signed) and for a while we did. Start of this season when he was in the middle of the park we were awful - arteta and cahill just weren't performing (neither was anyone else really). Since the Bucharest game at home when Moyesy put him down the right, he has been superb, better than ever before. And now, even when he is slotted back into centre mid, he plays extremely well - so for me, he has been a surprise - I really didnt think we would get that much talent and I think that it has brought Osman on as well - I think Osman is encouraged by it.

The disappointing surprise is a toss up between Kroldrup and Davies.

Kroldrup we didnt really get to see - he was okay at Villa (although shit in the air) and he was not up to facing Millwall at home in the cup - which was sad.

davies - I thought would have been good and its upsetting almost that he has settled into the merseyside life and the EFC team. I think that the sunderland game was crap but davies put some good passes together and some good crosses. I hope that he improves for next season.

commenting on what's been said above:

arteta --- agree with fairwooney, for me arteta looked good from day one...

osman --- can't say he's been a surprise either, he performed well last season (but there was a lot of moaning that he was too lightweight)

for me biggest surprise was the way valente came through, after looking VERY sluggish early on --- pity the injury has hampered him now, so we haven't seen the improvement continue.....

also, I think ferrari looked really good when he played in the centre with yobo.....

davies -- didn't have a view on him either way before we signed him so can't comment here.....

mcfadden -- agree with fozzie here --- I am surprised by him but for the wrong reason --- for me, he has proven that he is NOT premiership material, whereas I thought this season he may show the opposite.....he's crap

kroldrup -- definitely the biggest disappointment and surprise -- however the most disappointing thing was not the player himself (although I think he was UTTER SHITE against villa) but rather moyes/the scout/EFC who allowed that disgraceful saga to happen....

i dont think weve got an outstanding individual in the team.

neville has turned out well and i'd like to see him captain next season.

bt has shown flashes of the form that made him an england player, but he hasnt really stamped any real authority in any game ive seen him in.

maybe because he's not getting the service he needs to really shine?

good to see carsley back. he's got guts and determination, both good qualities we need in midfield.

i dont think davies has had enough games to settle in properly. he's got a lot more potential, but without match play we wont see it.

nigel martyn has been our only outstanding player since rooney left, but i would guess he will quit at the end of the season.

one of the things we lack is a player with real flair and quality who can turn a game around.

Yeah - Arteta is good but he cant turn a game around.

Everyone was screaming for him to come against Sunderland - but he did fuck all.

I rate him as a player - I really do. He has the quickest feet I have seen for a long time at Goodison park but....

my original point still stands - when he first signed and at the start of this season he was average and I didn't expect to get the class that we are seeing from him now. I knew he could produce it, he showed us back end of last season but I didn't think that he was interested. And I now fear that he has heard the whispers of a move and he is playing well because he is in the shop window.

Hope not - but I wouldn't be surprised if BK aint lined him up for a Crappy £5m move to Newcastle or something. (hopefully not the RS).

Phil Neville - no suprise - didn't think he was a world beater and he defo aint a world beater. nowhere near as good as carsley in my opinion at holding up the midfield - but is excellent in the team because it means that moyes can sub anyone from midfield or defence during a game - coz neville will fill the slot.

McFadden - has surprised me - has played some good games. Chelsea at home in the cup - was the main man until they crunched him.

Against the mancs at old trafford - was superb i thought

Davies - waste of time - dissappointing that he aint settled in.

VDM - sick note - no thanks, get better, stay better - we have had enough of that from big dunc

Kroldrup - wasn't he the kit man for a bit?

Ferrari - good signing hoep we can keep him. Could do well if we get european football.

Beattie - though we were going to get another lacklustre season from him - but he has actually come good and he has lost his tits.

Valente - won a CL medal - had to be good.

got to say i had faith Valente would come good, to play in Mourinho's CL winning side aint no fluke!

hope we can keep Ferrari, been impressed. i think Yobo has been one of our better players this term. and what ive seen of VDM i like, i hope he can do what BT did an get fit next year and show us some of that Ajax quality and flair we've heard about

got to say i had faith Valente would come good, to play in Mourinho's CL winning side aint no fluke!

hope we can keep Ferrari, been impressed. i think Yobo has been one of our better players this term. and what ive seen of VDM i like, i hope he can do what BT did an get fit next year and show us some of that Ajax quality and flair we've heard about

i look forward to seeing more of valente and ferrari. i think theyve got talent.

graveson was a great loss and we havent found a good replacement for him.

Guest fozzie22
i look forward to seeing more of valente and ferrari. i think theyve got talent.

graveson was a great loss and we havent found a good replacement for him.

Graveson was good for half a season when he was looking for a move.