IGNORED

Where Do We Go From Here.

what do we expect from the manager and the club?

we are no longer relegation fodder and our position in the league is good considering the appalling start we had to the season.

we have no chance of qualifying for europe new, we just have to finish as high as we can this season.

what bothers me is that we don’t seem to have a side that looks like its going to win anything. I know we still need a goalie, a striker and another solid defender. especially if yobo goes, (he now says he isnt)!

but we also need players who have the ability and the confidence to hold the ball and go past defenders.

moyes has been with Everton since march 2002 and no-one can argue that up to a point he has done a good job. but by now he should have built a better squad than he has. as I said we are no longer relegation fodder but that in itself isnt good enough.

we don’t seem to have a well coordinated team. they lack the kind of self confidence and individual flair that you need to win cups.

his financial limitations haven’t been that severe since that dedicated life long Everton fan, wayne rooney left for more money.

so, while we can applaud him for the progress he's made to date, its with the realisation, (which I have no doubt he and the board are aware of), that he doesn’t have forever to weld the side into a force to be reckoned with in the premier league.

after the sunderland and spurs game our season turnaround seems to have ended. we will probably finish around tenth spot.

a month into the season most of us would have said we'll be fighting relegation!

moysey has now had since march 2002 to turn things around and he has stopped the rot that we were suffering from.

so whats next for us. do we have the cash and credibility to attract the class of players that will make us a real premiership force?

does moysey have the quality, that brian clough had. to weld so-so players into a really great team?

when cloughs players left to join other clubs they never did anything. a testament to cloughs incredible managerial quality. has moysey got that touch?

we need to strengthen the side one way or the other. by cash or talent.

have we got enough of either?

a new stadium with a bigger capacity would create some of the cash we need. how big a priority should that be?

Guest fozzie22
after the sunderland and spurs game our season turnaround seems to have ended. we will probably finish around tenth spot.

a month into the season most of us would have said we'll be fighting relegation!

moysey has now had since march 2002 to turn things around and he has stopped the rot that we were suffering from.

so whats next for us. do we have the cash and credibility to attract the class of players that will make us a real premiership force?

does moysey have the quality, that brian clough had. to weld so-so players into a really great team?

when cloughs players left to join other clubs they never did anything. a testament to cloughs incredible managerial quality. has moysey got that touch?

we need to strengthen the side one way or the other. by cash or talent.

have we got enough of either?

a new stadium with a bigger capacity would create some of the cash we need. how big a priority should that be?

I understand where your coming from over clough/moyes comparison,but cloughie had a touch of genious about him with as you rightly say soso players,moyes does not.

His lack of tatical nouse is more than worrying to me at least,he seems scared to throw youngsters into games that frankly have meant nothing for the last month or so (turner being a case in point),we hit a vein of form as other teams hit thier own slumps,which given the shite that the players served up pre xmas was a god send,or we would have been on for a hell of an end of season.

I've said all this season DM has had long enough to turn it around,but apart from stabalising us he's not moved us on,in anyway shape or form (dont mention our disatrious "euro" campaign it was painful to watch),His (lack) of transfer policy is a worry,scouting is in a mess (koldrup) and the training leaves a lot to be desired,we're not in a league now where hard graft will do anymore,you have to have that something about you that sets you apart from others...DM sadly doesnt have this.

The stadium is a massive issue that we cant get away from,we dont have the cash for it,but we need it to bring in extra cash,BK and the pieman dont know what there doing tbh and frankly the sooner they go the better Everton football club will be.

We can blame Moyes lack of transfer activity all we want but that has to be down to board they havent given him serious money since he arrive. It is the same question if Moyes went who would come in?

Roy Keane was a player who went on to do well.

Football is different now dont think you can graft a team in the way Forrest did and do that well.

Football is different now dont think you can graft a team in the way Forrest did and do that well.

spurs seem to have done it under Jol!

they were a side like us in the doldrums, but they seem to have become a feared side in less time than we have taken.

if cash is a problem perhaps we should concentrate on survival and invest in a new stadium. the increased capacity would generate the cash we need to develop the team.

Guest fozzie22
spurs seem to have done it under Jol!

they were a side like us in the doldrums, but they seem to have become a feared side in less time than we have taken.

if cash is a problem perhaps we should concentrate on survival and invest in a new stadium. the increased capacity would generate the cash we need to develop the team.

Jol is a very talented coach and credit to spurs they have backed him to the hilt moneywise and its starting to pay off for them

The trouble is if you keep on buying crap,thats all you will get on the pitch is crap.

DM has been given money and in some cases has wasted it(koldrup,VDM,davies,wright,BT) and DM's tactics to say the least are very "yesterday",football has moved on DM is stuck in another era of coaching and its showing.

Everton play terrible football,boring and negative,not what i was brought up to believe Everton way of playing (although i still shudder about gordon lee),but i digress,i have said all this season we are at a stand still,yes DM has stabailsed us thats for sure,but i dont think he can move us on any further much in the way of big joe,he was good for stopping the rot when walker left but he really couldnt take us to the next level after winning the cup and this is where we are today back where we where 10 years ago.

Big joe went and i think DM's time is more or less up.

Guest fozzie22
Am honestly expecting the same old same old..A few departures a cple of incomings, with a razor blade ride on the cusp of that fine line between top 6-8 or obscurity during the next campaign.

Until some serious money is made availabe for whoever thats the best we can hope for

im still unsure myself, ill thank moyes all i can for "stopping the rot" and for last season when i wore my shirt with more pride than i had for quite a number of years (shame a few of our players dont have that pride we all have) Barry Horne said on the radio DM is a COACH, not a MANAGER, i think thats about right myself.

im starting to like the idea of a "director of football" at the moment, as Foz says, his lack of transfer policy and scouting network is a joke (but ill take VDM and BT of your list of failed transfers, BT had bagged most of our goals this term, and VDM was only £1.5m so we could probably get that back if need be)

but sadly i dont know if DM can get us any silverware, is the glass half full or half empty?

Guest fozzie22
im still unsure myself, ill thank moyes all i can for "stopping the rot" and for last season when i wore my shirt with more pride than i had for quite a number of years (shame a few of our players dont have that pride we all have) Barry Horne said on the radio DM is a COACH, not a MANAGER, i think thats about right myself.

im starting to like the idea of a "director of football" at the moment, as Foz says, his lack of transfer policy and scouting network is a joke (but ill take VDM and BT of your list of failed transfers, BT had bagged most of our goals this term, and VDM was only £1.5m so we could probably get that back if need be)

but sadly i dont know if DM can get us any silverware, is the glass half full or half empty?

Ive played more games than VDM ;)

Where do we go from here?

Bloody backwards if Moyes doesn't wake up!

I agree with most previous comments, transfer and scouting policy is shite.

Tactically, not got a scooby doo!

Seems more content finding "stop gaps" than potential and deffo doesn't take risks. The Blues will always be mid table with this sort of approach.

Token response after every match?

"I'm pleased with the players. I thought they tried really hard today".

We can all bloody try hard!!!!!

Nothing creative, nothing direct, nothing to show for it!

And to cap it all, the cheeky bastards want another 5 and a half hundred quid off me!

buying players is only half the battle. youve then gotta pay them, and thats a lotta dough deez days.

a bigger stadium will help with that problem in the long term, and youve gotta think long term when an ordinary player costs 4-5 mill!

salaries and running costs arent going down in the near future so it seems to me that our main disadvantage is money for investment in players and stadium.

this requires a bit of creative thinking from the board! are they up for it? <_<

buying players is only half the battle. youve then gotta pay them, and thats a lotta dough deez days.

a bigger stadium will help with that problem in the long term, and youve gotta think long term when an ordinary player costs 4-5 mill!

salaries and running costs arent going down in the near future so it seems to me that our main disadvantage is money for investment in players and stadium.

this requires a bit of creative thinking from the board! are they up for it?  <_<

I did hear from somewhere recently that a statement would definitely be made this year about the stadium and the options were now being closely looked at - but don't hold your breath....... :D

Where do we go from here?

Bloody backwards if Moyes doesn't wake up!

I agree with most previous comments, transfer and scouting policy is shite.

Tactically, not got a scooby doo!

Seems more content finding "stop gaps" than potential and deffo doesn't take risks. The Blues will always be mid table with this sort of approach.

Token response after every match?

"I'm pleased with the players. I thought they tried really hard today".

We can all bloody try hard!!!!!

Nothing creative, nothing direct, nothing to show for it!

And to cap it all, the cheeky bastards want another 5 and a half hundred quid off me!

Although i do understand your point and i wish he would give some of the kids a chance and buy some additional youngsters he has not in any way bought "stop gaps" like our previous managers.

Madar, Hughes, Thompson, Gough, Cleland, Naysmith, Moore, McBride, Hutchison, Collins, Ginola (f*ckin poo in his prime!).