• Phil Neville
    • Steven Pienaar
    • Tim Cahill
    • Victor Anichebe
    • Dan Gosling
    • Jack Rodwell

pollresizear5.jpg

joleon1.jpgjoleon2.jpg

Current Player of the Year standings....

Jagielka 136

Arteta 122

Baines 87

Fellaini 83

Osman 78

Cahill 68

Neville 52

Howard 44

Saha 43

Pienaar 26

Lescott 23

Castillo 18

Anichebe 15

Vaughan 11

Yakubu 10

Baadhi 10

Hibbert 8

Yobo 7

Gosling 6

Van der Meyde 4

Baxter 4

Rodwell 4

Valente 2

MOTM winners....

Blackburn (H)...Mikel Arteta

West Brom (A)...Leon Osman

Portsmouth (H)...Leighton Baines

Stoke City (A)...Tim Cahill

Standard Liege (H)...Segundo Castillo

Hull City (A)...Leon Osman

Blackburn (A)...Louis Saha

Liverpool (H)...Phil Jagielka

Standard Liege (A)...Phil Jagielka

Newcastle (H)...Leighton Baines

Arsenal (A)...Marouane Fellaini

Manchester United (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Bolton (A)...Marouane Fellaini

Fulham (H)...Phil Jagielka

West Ham (A)...Louis Saha

Middlesbrough (H)...Phil Neville

Wigan (A)...Tim Howard

Spurs (A)...Phil Jagielka

Aston Villa (H)...Joleon Lescott

Man City (A)...Tim Cahill

Chelsea (H)...Leon Osman

Middlesbrough (A)...Mikel Arteta

Sunderland (H)...Mikel Arteta

Macclesfield (A)...Leighton Baines

Hull (A)...Mikel Arteta

Liverpool (A-cup)...Leighton Baines

Guest efctaxi

Hard to say today . Castillo looked rubbish .

Pienaar had some good moments both in attack and defence , and the defence as a whole were solid .

Think Jags probaly deserved it .

Thought that Dan had a good game once he came on. The defence really was the key tonight in getting us through the tie in one piece. Lescott or Jagielka for me. I think I'm gonna' go with Jagielka. His work rate was faultless and showed once again why he should be playing for England. I hope that Capello (who was watching in the stands) makes note of his performance.

Hard to say today. Castillo looked rubbish.

It's his first game in ages. In a Merseyside Derby. Premier League standard. Stakes are high. I think we can let him off tonight.

Jags (again) gets it from me- class apart. Surely he should be knocking on an England call up based on recent performances?

Thought the decision to play Castillo above Rodwell was a poor one, Castillo- even allowing for lack of fitness- gave the ball away far too cheaply, missed plenty of passes and was well shy of being ready for this level of game. In contrast, Rodwell would run his heart out for the team.

Mustn't grumble though, was a good defensive performance

Like the league game i'm going for Lescott. apart from the goal he won everything in the air and was well positioned for some good blocks and threw himself in a few aerial battles in the box late on. I was disappointed with today's performance, wasn't a patch on Monday's. However another battling display, especially with a team without it's two main midfielders and a lack of strikers to be called upon, great team spirit, keep it up.

Jags and Lescott were the best for us by far but I've gone with Lescott (the goal helps) but also I think theres a bit of "if in doubt pick Jags as MOTM mentality". Yes, he deserves most of them hes had but theres some where I'm not so sure.

Worst for us were Castillo and also thought Osman had an awful game.

Oh and Pienarr needs to learn how to fall over without flailing his arm all over the place, even when he is fouled he trys his hardest to make it look like a dive. :rolleyes:

Jags and Lescott were the best for us by far but I've gone with Lescott (the goal helps) but also I think theres a bit of "if in doubt pick Jags as MOTM mentality". Yes, he deserves most of them hes had but theres some where I'm not so sure.

Oh and Pienarr needs to learn how to fall over without flailing his arm all over the place, even when he is fouled he trys his hardest to make it look like a dive. :rolleyes:

WTF. I think that Jagielka has deserved every MOTM vote that he has been awarded, he's been fantastic this season. And its good to see him getting votes than the players that were actually the worst on the field. Even though Tim Howard had a decent game he made a school-boy error to let Steven Gerrard score. I mean, he cant be given MOTM after that - and Casti. By far the worst man on the field and gets brought of in the 75th minute yet gets a MOTM nomination. :mellow:

I agree with all of that, I like Osman but his quality on the ball in both derbies was disappointing and Jags is just the flavour of the month at the moment. He was excellent but Lescott was an absolute beast, he won every header, made loads of tackles, nothing got past him all match and he scored as well, motm easily for me.

"if in doubt pick Jags as MOTM mentality".

Doesn't really stack up with the results for the season so far.

Jags has won our MOTM four times, same as Arteta and Baines (who's obviously played fewer matches).

Fellaini and Osman have three each, Saha and Cahill two with one apiece to Castillo, Neville, Howard & Lescott.

Quite a good spread, only Yobo & Pienaar you'd maybe expect to have won one or two missing out.

Jags has won our MOTM four times, same as Arteta and Baines (who's obviously played fewer matches).

Fellaini and Osman have three each, Saha and Cahill two with one apiece to Castillo, Neville, Howard & Lescott.

Quite a good spread, only Yobo & Pienaar you'd maybe expect to have won one or two missing out.

How about awarding say 3 pts for first, 2 pts for 2nd and one point for third, how do things stack up then as Jags has shown total consistency this term which neither Mikel or Joleon could possibly claim

Er, did I say that he hasnt deserved the MOTM when he's won?. No!. In fact I too agree that he has deserved the MOTM's he's won.

Whether he wins the MOTM is immaterial but he will nearly ALWAYS get votes, Becasue I believe (rightly or wrongly) that there are some fans (however few that maybe) that when in doubt will be quite likely to vote for Jags.

Er, did I say that he hasnt deserved the MOTM when he's won?. No!. In fact I too agree that he has deserved the MOTM's he's won.

Whether he wins the MOTM is immaterial but he will nearly ALWAYS get votes, Becasue I believe (rightly or wrongly) that there are some fans (however few that maybe) that when in doubt will be quite likely to vote for Jags.

Er, did I say that you said that I said...er...wait a minute...

I think certainly people will vote for their personal favourite when in doubt, Arteta being the prime example in recent years....he's won MOTM on the OS many times when he's been anything but (I've stopped my lad from voting because he always voted for Ossie, no matter how he played :rolleyes: ).

Was just pointing out that as far as TT's concerned the votes are pretty well spread.