Sign in to follow this  
patto

Wigan

wigan are a big danger to are top 6 finish they have been playing v good of late and steve bruce is active in the transfer market looks like he is going to bring in 3/4 more decent players.

They've lost two of their best players though. Replaced one with a complete unknown (Rodallega) and repalced Palacios with Watson, who I don't think is as good. They're weaker than they were before this transfer window IMO, but they have been playing well and could pose a threat if the two new boys fill the void straight away.

They've lost two of their best players though. Replaced one with a complete unknown (Rodallega) and repalced Palacios with Watson, who I don't think is as good. They're weaker than they were before this transfer window IMO, but they have been playing well and could pose a threat if the two new boys fill the void straight away.

Just wait, once those new guys start eating the pies, it happened to Koumas, form goes. The Wigan wheels will come off shortly, Fulham have more potential to worry than they do

Wigan play Liverpool this midweek and then go to Villa at the weekend. So, if they lose both games then even if we don't get anything from the games against Arsenal and United, chances are that Wigan won't be any closer and we would only have Chelsea still to play of the big 4 (though Villa away too to play).

We have a decent chance to kick on soon and keep ourselves in the top 6.

Though fair play to Bruce, he is indeed doing a good job there, especially given the fact that they struggle with crowds relative to others.

I want to know whether 6th gets an automatic uefa cup spot this season.

I want to know whether 6th gets an automatic uefa cup spot this season.

Depends. If United win the Carling Cup then 6th will be OK. Also if a Champs league qualifier wins the FA Cup it'll open up another place....according to Wikipedia the place from now on won't go to the runners-up.

It's rebranded as Europa cup from next season....group stage will be four teams playing home and away, same as the Champs League.

Wigan are having a good season but unless we fall apart completely they won't be a threat to us imo.

Guest efctaxi   
Guest efctaxi

I'm not confident Wigan have the strength and experience to keep things going . Staying up will be their main priority , but I doubt Bruce has put money on them to qualify .

I'm not confident Wigan have the strength and experience to keep things going . Staying up will be their main priority , but I doubt Bruce has put money on them to qualify .

They will stay up, I have no doubts about that and they could take even more points from the Shyte but as Mike says they will not catch us up and they've yet to come to GP

Rodallega will be good I think, seem him twice and he looked handy...he's quality on FM too.

I agree with Mark though they've let 2 of their better players go and haven't really replaced them with anyone proven. Their defence is still shit as well.