IGNORED

First Merseyside Derby

jofanon

Despite being the grand age of 30 I went to my first Merseyside derby yesterday after travelling up from wet and rainy Essex.

My mate (a red) managed to get a pair of tickets with acess to the Red's lounge. At £80 this was a complete rip offf but I digress....

So we managed to find a car park close to Analfield and walked up. We stopped at the club shop first which I have to say was complete torture. Teaming with kopite's and memborilia it was just the most painful thing. There were some proper scallies in there and I would loved to have taken a torch to the smug little hole!

We had seats right next to the pitch though which was interesting as I've not seen a game played so up and close before. It was good despite having been surrounded by A LOT of red! Having to be very quiet when we scored was painful...

There were a few blues dotted around in the crowd where we sat. One by one they got fingered by the kopites and got thrown out (and got a few slaps on the way out too).

Although I have been on this forum for ages I never understod the Norwegian jokes. I understand now There were loads of Scandanavians in the bar! Loads of them!

A few random thoughts from the experience and game....

Baines is tiny! Good little player but was beaten in the air everytime

Castillo is a waste of time

Phil Neville got pulled up unfairly for everything he did

Jags and Lescott were awesome (in fact I would say our defense is worthy of a top 3 side). I thought it was a more impressive outfit than Liverpool's.

As much as it pains to me say, Gerrard was very good indeed. He was easily the best player on the pitch.

The players get very little time on the ball

The Liverpool left back was shite. Arteta would have turned him inside out.

Anichebe, Osman, Castillo aren't bad players but they were out of their depth at this level

Pienaar is very skillful when you see him play up close (which I hadn't appreciated before)

Gosling looked OK bt isn't going to be a world beater

Without Gerrard Liverpool are nothing. Total one man team.

Kopites are gobshites.

Can't believe you didn't celebrate, It just came natural to jump up for me when it went in. Upset a few gobshitesa round me though but ah well.

Got told I wasn't a proper blue because I wasn't sat in the Annie road end, fella calling it me was foreign the cheek!

You mean he was a Manc or a Cockney? :lol:

Despite being the grand age of 30 I went to my first Merseyside derby yesterday after travelling up from wet and rainy Essex.

My mate (a red) managed to get a pair of tickets with acess to the Red's lounge. At £80 this was a complete rip offf but I digress....

So we managed to find a car park close to Analfield and walked up. We stopped at the club shop first which I have to say was complete torture. Teaming with kopite's and memborilia it was just the most painful thing. There were some proper scallies in there and I would loved to have taken a torch to the smug little hole!

We had seats right next to the pitch though which was interesting as I've not seen a game played so up and close before. It was good despite having been surrounded by A LOT of red! Having to be very quiet when we scored was painful...

There were a few blues dotted around in the crowd where we sat. One by one they got fingered by the kopites and got thrown out (and got a few slaps on the way out too).

Although I have been on this forum for ages I never understod the Norwegian jokes. I understand now There were loads of Scandanavians in the bar! Loads of them!

A few random thoughts from the experience and game....

Baines is tiny! Good little player but was beaten in the air everytime

Castillo is a waste of time

Phil Neville got pulled up unfairly for everything he did

Jags and Lescott were awesome (in fact I would say our defense is worthy of a top 3 side). I thought it was a more impressive outfit than Liverpool's.

As much as it pains to me say, Gerrard was very good indeed. He was easily the best player on the pitch.

The players get very little time on the ball

The Liverpool left back was shite. Arteta would have turned him inside out.

Anichebe, Osman, Castillo aren't bad players but they were out of their depth at this level

Pienaar is very skillful when you see him play up close (which I hadn't appreciated before)

Gosling looked OK bt isn't going to be a world beater

Without Gerrard Liverpool are nothing. Total one man team.

Kopites are gobshites.

whereabouts in essex are you from jofanon? i thought i was the only blue here! i'm in loughton (originally upminster)

whereabouts in essex are you from jofanon? i thought i was the only blue here! i'm in loughton (originally upminster)

I'm from sunny Colchester.

Had a great time but its too far to go there and back in one day and then have go to go to work the next day.

Next time I'm staying out for bevvies and having Monday off!