IGNORED

So Iwas Reading 4-4-2 Magazine..

Guest fozzie22

Guest fozzie22

And i was horrfied to find that to be sure fire mascot at Everton games it will cost the parents about £1500.

Evertons answer.."its a marketing thing",and of course theres still the "free"draw for kids if they are in the fan club(i wonder how many times that gets drawn...).

My point is this,to charge people that amount of money is a scandal,but rather typical of the shambolic way Everton is run under BK and his henchmen,(its late while i'm writing this,i will type it out tomorrow if i remember).

I'm a parent,and shelled out the best part of £70 on 2 shirts for my boys why,if i wanted them to be a mascot should i be forced to shell out more cash??

Its wrong,very wrong in fact.

In terms of the "chargers" we are way and above anyone else in the PL,even chelsea only charge £500 or so,the shite,arse,amncs do it for free(the way it should be tbh).

Its what football has come down to i suppose,leeching on peoples loyalty towards a club and taking them for a ride at the same time.

That is terrible given what money it makes for a season what 30k enough to pay Beattie wage for one week!

It is wrong as every kid dreams of leading their team out in front of a packed staduim so to ask for the Parents to pay for this honour is wrong and can only tarnish the name of the club. So you have to say for 30k is it worth it? I would say no.

Next youll be saying it is 1000 to be Toffee Lady!

And i was horrfied to find that to be sure fire mascot at Everton games it will cost the parents about £1500.

Evertons answer.."its a marketing thing",and of course theres still the "free"draw for kids if they are in the fan club(i wonder how many times that gets drawn...).

My point is this,to charge people that amount of money is a scandal,but rather typical of the shambolic way Everton is run under BK and his henchmen,(its late while i'm writing this,i will type it out tomorrow if i remember).

I'm a parent,and shelled out the best part of £70 on 2 shirts for my boys why,if i wanted them to be a mascot should i be forced to shell out more cash??

Its wrong,very wrong in fact.

In terms of the "chargers" we are way and above anyone else in the PL,even chelsea only charge £500 or so,the shite,arse,amncs do it for free(the way it should be tbh).

Its what football has come down to i suppose,leeching on peoples loyalty towards a club and taking them for a ride at the same time.

Fozzie, I'll think that you'll find ALL prem clubs are now charging similar money for someone's kid to be mascot. But in that price they get seats in an executive area, 3 course meals for 4, a signed match ball and shirt and a souvenier pennant. oh and they get their photo taken on the pitch, with the manager, with the players etc.

At united (according to me mate in work) - they pay £2k + Vat and all they get is to be mascot - no seats included, no meals etc.etc. its all extra.

I agree that it is a joke to be charging for this - but we have to stay sharp in a hostile market and if other clubs are benefitting from it then so should we. We should donate to charity but that is never going to happen.

Business is ruthless - Everton is a business.

I say bring back the days when the mascot was a local lad, under privledged or disabled or someone that had waited on the waiting list for years to walk out with the players he/she supports - but those days have long gone.

Football, although it cnat exist without the fans, aint about fans anymore - its about MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY. and sadly, nothing else.

We could be on this arguement all day.

fact is Football, especially Everton needs a change at the top before anything like 'sensible' will be returned to our game.

Boro carling cup game this season - £15 on the night. £10 juniors.

United were charging £10 and £5 for juniors.

As you say fozzie - you forked out £70 for 2 shirts - if you also took your lads the game that week...

it would have cost £30 for you, £20 for each lad - thats £70 to go (before you buy sweets, crisps, drinks, parking, petrol (or public transport) etc.etc.)

So in one week you may have forked out £140.00 just to sit in the cheap seats.

But again, Everton is cheap compared to other places.

Arsenal - you need a remortgage to get into Highbury

Guest fozzie22
Fozzie, I'll think that you'll find ALL prem clubs are now charging similar money for someone's kid to be mascot. But in that price they get seats in an executive area, 3 course meals for 4, a signed match ball and shirt and a souvenier pennant. oh and they get their photo taken on the pitch, with the manager, with the players etc.

At united (according to me mate in work) - they pay £2k + Vat and all they get is to be mascot - no seats included, no meals etc.etc. its all extra.

I agree that it is a joke to be charging for this - but we have to stay sharp in a hostile market and if other clubs are benefitting from it then so should we. We should donate to charity but that is never going to happen.

Business is ruthless - Everton is a business.

I say bring back the days when the mascot was a local lad, under privledged or disabled or someone that had waited on the waiting list for years to walk out with the players he/she supports - but those days have long gone.

Football, although it cnat exist without the fans, aint about fans anymore - its about MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY. and sadly, nothing else.

No they dont

The shite,arse,and the macs dont charge,in fact they choose sick kids as priority

sorry, disagree with this. My friends nephew recently died of cancer at the age of 7 years old. he was a huge Everton fan, and his parents wrote to them explaining what was going on and that he only had a few weeks to live. They made his dreams come true by inviting him up as a VIP for the game against chelsea, and although he wasnt a mascot, he was allowed, like others i belive, to do everything but lead the team out! Big nigel gave him his gloves, signed! and phil neville gave him signed boots, aswel as a signed shirt from them all, and duncan gave him his kit bag. i agree that charging for the privallage of leading the team out is wrong, but at the end of the day, we need to compete with others. so although u have to pay to become a mascot, u dont to do the rest.

sorry, disagree with this. My friends nephew recently died of cancer at the age of 7 years old. he was a huge Everton fan, and his parents wrote to them explaining what was going on and that he only had a few weeks to live. They made his dreams come true by inviting him up as a VIP for the game against chelsea, and although he wasnt a mascot, he was allowed, like others i belive, to do everything but lead the team out! Big nigel gave him his gloves, signed! and phil neville gave him signed boots, aswel as a signed shirt from them all, and duncan gave him his kit bag. i agree that charging for the privallage of leading the team out is wrong, but at the end of the day, we need to compete with others. so although u have to pay to become a mascot, u dont to do the rest.

Yes Everton are good with the fans in some cases but while this kid was getting the VIP they were still screwing some rich kids parents for £1500!!

Would you rather sit in the lounge and meet the players or run out while Z-Cars is playing leading your team and doing something not many ever get to do?

The cost to Everton? Duncan's monthly bar bill!!!