• Mikel Arteta
    • Leon Osman
    • Steven Pienaar
    • Marouane Fellaini
    • Tim Cahill
    • Phil Neville

pollresizear5.jpg

cahill2.jpg

Current Player of the Year standings....

Jagielka 168

Arteta 122

Baines 87

Fellaini 83

Osman 79

Cahill 69

Neville 52

Howard 45

Saha 43

Lescott 40

Pienaar 28

Castillo 19

Anichebe 15

Vaughan 11

Yakubu 10

Baadhi 10

Hibbert 8

Yobo 7

Gosling 6

Rodwell 5

Van der Meyde 4

Baxter 4

Valente 2

MOTM winners....

Blackburn (H)...Mikel Arteta

West Brom (A)...Leon Osman

Portsmouth (H)...Leighton Baines

Stoke City (A)...Tim Cahill

Standard Liege (H)...Segundo Castillo

Hull City (A)...Leon Osman

Blackburn (A)...Louis Saha

Liverpool (H)...Phil Jagielka

Standard Liege (A)...Phil Jagielka

Newcastle (H)...Leighton Baines

Arsenal (A)...Marouane Fellaini

Manchester United (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Bolton (A)...Marouane Fellaini

Fulham (H)...Phil Jagielka

West Ham (A)...Louis Saha

Middlesbrough (H)...Phil Neville

Wigan (A)...Tim Howard

Spurs (A)...Phil Jagielka

Aston Villa (H)...Joleon Lescott

Man City (A)...Tim Cahill

Chelsea (H)...Leon Osman

Middlesbrough (A)...Mikel Arteta

Sunderland (H)...Mikel Arteta

Macclesfield (A)...Leighton Baines

Hull (A)...Mikel Arteta

Liverpool (A-league)...Leighton Baines

Liverpool (A-Cup)...Phil Jagielka

Guest efctaxi

Another great performance .

I genuinely can't decide at the moment if anyone stood out , but we played so well , I feel like throwing up .

One thing for sure is that we play welll with Fellaini . Him or Pienaar probably . Will vote later . :(

Another great performance .

I genuinely can't decide at the moment if anyone stood out , but we played so well , I feel like throwing up .

One thing for sure is that we play welll with Fellaini . Him or Pienaar probably . Will vote later . :(

Did we watch the same game? It Was Cahill by a mile. And then Lescott.

No way can man of the match be given to Fellaini for this one. Its similar to the Arteta man of the matches people give, even when hes not at his best.

Cahill for me.

Caused them problems all night and was our only goal threat. He fought well and won a few free kicks an all. Won most battles in the air as well as a few defensive headers. Pity about his foot injury, plus he seemed to have a bit of trouble with his shoulder, constantly holding it towards the end, hope neither injury is too serious.

Great ball in from Baines for the goal. Arteta's delivery still seems a little bit rusty at free kicks. I know Arteta is great but I wish we could mix it up and have Baines take some free kicks.

Edited by Maghull70

Cahill did seem to stand out as one of our best players last night. Baines was good at going foreward and put in some good balls to threated Almunia, the cross for the goal especially. He made some good work at the back and made sure that everything was secure, the goal was on the opposite side of the park so there's not much he could have done for that one.

Lescott and Jagielka looked solid again until the last minute, so did Hibbert. They all looked really comfortable at the back until the last few minutes when Arsenal stared to throw everything at it. Need to start playing for the full 90 minutes. Fellaini seemed to drift off again, a very average game from him. Not to mention Ozzy never really getting involved and Arteta turning his back every time he made a run.

Overall, so dissapointing. Cahill the best man on the pitch.

I thought it was a rather mediocre game of Everton noone really stood out for me! But if I had o give it I'd probably give it to Cahill.

What Pienaar did today was unexcusable! When you're up 1-0 in extra time you can't give the ball away so easily! Even a boy of 10 years old knows that!

And if you vote for Fellaini as Man of the Match, I can only guess it's because he didn't receive a yellow card!

Guest efctaxi

Gonna give my vote to Fellaini after some consideration .

Can't help feeling there is a bit of a sympathy vote going on here for Timmy .

Yes , he was in good form , but that's his job now remember ? To attack the defence and cause problems , and he did it well , but I've noticed that Fellaini makes the whole midfield tick , and I personally think it was his contribution that made the difference .

As for Arteta , I don't know what's up with him .

He refuses to shoot at goal unless it's a free kick , passes the ball backwards from the edge of the opponents box , and lacks self belief in the big matches .

Definitely not a big match player , and starting to wonder if we should actually accept a decent offer for him .

I thought it was a rather mediocre game of Everton noone really stood out for me! But if I had o give it I'd probably give it to Cahill.

What Pienaar did today was unexcusable! When you're up 1-0 in extra time you can't give the ball away so easily! Even a boy of 10 years old knows that!

And if you vote for Fellaini as Man of the Match, I can only guess it's because he didn't receive a yellow card!

Agree....typical game for Fellaini (not neccessarily a good thing)

Gonna give my vote to Fellaini after some consideration .

Can't help feeling there is a bit of a sympathy vote going on here for Timmy .

Yes , he was in good form , but that's his job now remember ? To attack the defence and cause problems , and he did it well , but I've noticed that Fellaini makes the whole midfield tick , and I personally think it was his contribution that made the difference .

As for Arteta , I don't know what's up with him .

He refuses to shoot at goal unless it's a free kick , passes the ball backwards from the edge of the opponents box , and lacks self belief in the big matches .

Definitely not a big match player , and starting to wonder if we should actually accept a decent offer for him .

Jog on....might be a shock for you, he is not a striker yet he is doing a better job than our strikers would have done. I am not a big Cahill fan, never have been, but what he is doing for the team at the moment is amazing. He is what makes us tick at the moment not screech.

There is one player who never seems to get a mention, (and i honestly think that people are looking at the game with bluetinted specs on and go with the trendy vote for whoever is flavour of the month), and that player is Phil Neville. Since the Wigan debacle he has been consistent, he drives the team on and gets stuck in, showing admirable leadership and a great example of the team work ethic, which has got us on this current run. Forget that he isn't the most accomplished player because all succesful sides need this type of player, he is showing great character, spirit and endeavour, therefore he get's my vote. I await the negative comments with roars of disproval.

Jog on....might be a shock for you, he is not a striker yet he is doing a better job than our strikers would have done. I am not a big Cahill fan, never have been, but what he is doing for the team at the moment is amazing. He is what makes us tick at the moment not screech.

you're a weird dude :D

you don't like cahill or fellaini (who are in my opinion actually playing great, and together with jagielka/lescott are the driving force behind this current run) and on the other hand you defend hibbert at all costs (even claiming he is the reason we have had clean sheets as of late, while we're getting clean sheets in spite of hibbert).

anyway, i voted for fellaini.

he was really agressive chasing down opposing midfielders, and finally he did it for 90 minutes.

possibly won -every- header he was involved in.

great composure on the ball !

maybe only 1 or 2 bad passes.

I voted Cahill, but i must defend Pienaar, ok it was his lapse of concentration in the dying seconds which cost us, but Pienaar covered more ground than anybody else on the field last night, and that is usual for him he always does.

He's always back defending (Baines must love playing behind him) he's always up front to help anybody out wether it be Right Left or Centre, always scurrying about like a little mouse, i love him and think he always earns his wages.

Some peeps might say he misses some passes and sometimes loses the ball, but theres not a player on earth who doesnt make mistakes.

I think he cost us the same as Van Der Meyde. :angry: enough said.

you're a weird dude :D

you don't like cahill or fellaini (who are in my opinion actually playing great, and together with jagielka/lescott are the driving force behind this current run) and on the other hand you defend hibbert at all costs (even claiming he is the reason we have had clean sheets as of late, while we're getting clean sheets in spite of hibbert).

Well you are misinformed, go to the thread and read it again. Not once did I say Hibbert is the sole reason for clean sheets, I said he is a stabilising factor. I do not defend him at all costs, I just do not stab the knife in and twist it because he does not have the best distribution in the world.

You last sentence inside the brackets doesn't even make sense.

Guest efctaxi

I respect your opinion , and I'm sincerely glad that it differs to mine , but I'm sticking with my own opinion on this occasion :)

Cahill for me - but there were a few candidates, and I must add my voice to those who wrote Hibbo off a few weeks ago and are now taking it back - the way he's playing now he deserves his spot. While eating crow anyway, I may as well add that Pip has been outstanding in midfied recently much to my surprise.

Edited by LeToffeeCanadien

Jags, Lescott, Fellaini and Cahill were all outstanding as was everyone. But I went with Pienaar. HArried them in attack and defense all night and created problems for them non stop. It was also his vision that put Baines in that space for the goal. You also have to remember who we were playing, and the fact that Arsenal were not firing was down to Everton not Arsenal, even Wenger admitted that. Great team display though. Hope for more of the same against Man Utd.