IGNORED

Goal Keeper

Ok people Big Nige thinks he can play on for another season! What do you all think?

IMO now is the time to bring in Turner for the remainder of the season let him prove his worth and lets have a proper look at him. I believe a combination of Ruddy & Martyn next season is enough cover for him if he proves over the next few weeks that he can hack it in the prem.

Dependant on Turners performances in the next few games we could make money rather than spending it in the keeper department this summer. I would sell Wright to the first taker for whatever we can get but a swap deal for a young up and coming player would be ideal. Give Turner the No. 1 next season put Nige on the bench and every now and then let Ruddy do the bench warming to build up his confidence a bit.

If we dont give him a chance now then we need to buy a high quality keeper for next season because the kids are un-tried and i dont think Nige can be our number one keeper!!

Good post Fishman, but I disagree in so much as I feel Turner should be given the shout for the rest of the season, that will give us the chance to see what he is made of and then if it all goes to ratsh*t, put in a bid for Paddy Kenny, who I feel is a Prem quality keeper. A decent bid should test Sheff Utd's resolve, and we may be a big enough draw for him.

Just a thought.

ATB

Mac

Guest fozzie22

Turner should be first choice by now,for all you oldies out there we have,on our staff someone who made his début in the league cup FINAL at age 18,and went on to do quite well for himself.

Name..chris woods..if you're good enough,you're old enough,make nige player/coach as backup.

And shoot wright

IMO now is the time to bring in Turner for the remainder of the season let him prove his worth and lets have a proper look at him. I believe a combination of Ruddy & Martyn next season is enough cover for him if he proves over the next few weeks that he can hack it in the prem.

Good post Fishman, but I disagree in so much as I feel Turner should be given the shout for the rest of the season, that will give us the chance to see what he is made of and then if it all goes to ratsh*t, put in a bid for Paddy Kenny, who I feel is a Prem quality keeper. A decent bid should test Sheff Utd's resolve, and we may be a big enough draw for him.

Just a thought.

ATB

Mac

Thats what i said Mac!!

Coffee please Tara, Mac needs to wakey, wakey :D

So sorry,  :( , but what do you think we should do with Turner?.

ATB

Mac

Turner should play the rest of the season even if he makes a series of clangers, we should try him and assess his situation to see if he can be our first choice keeper next year. If he performs well then sell Wright, Make Martyn player coach on a one year deal and give Ruddy the nod as bench warmer next season.

If he's not up to it then we have a problem on our hands and it becomes a must to sign a quality keeper and get what we can for Wright in the summer!

Whatever happens if we start next season with Wright on the books then Davey needs to go to spec savers B)

Ok people Big Nige thinks he can play on for another season! What do you all think?

Dependant on Turners performances in the next few games we could make money rather than spending it in the keeper department this summer. I would sell Wright to the first taker for whatever we can get but a swap deal for a young up and coming player would be ideal. Give Turner the No. 1 next season put Nige on the bench and every now and then let Ruddy do the bench warming to build up his confidence a bit.

If we dont give him a chance now then we need to buy a high quality keeper for next season because the kids are un-tried and i dont think Nige can be our number one keeper!!

go for given ;)

Fair one mate, but do you rate Paddy Kenny, just as a matter of interest?.

ATB

Mac

I'v seen verry little of him but he seems to be ok. Has he played Prem at all?

Most keepers who are good in the Championship sadly dont cut it in the prem Dickie comes to mind. They seem to have excellent seasons gettin their respective teams promoted, then thye play their first prem season on confidence and adrenaline secure a big money move and fade away! Strange position goal keeper!!

Fair comments mate, he seems to like the big stage, I refer to Utd's couple of good cup runs recently. Excellent shot stopper, good on crosses and seems to have the confidence of his defence, I'm thinking of him as plan B in case Turner can't produce the goods. You're right though Fishman, odd position to fill well.

Ola, I would love Given, but I think wages might be a stumbling block.

ATB

Mac

Yeah given would be a steal and he must be bored of the barcodes by now i'm still with getting Turner well into the fold but he needs a chance now. If we dont put him in in the next 2 games we wont see enough of him before the seasons over and Moyes aint got the balls to just throw him in next year without testing him first!!

Couldn't agree more Fishman, but in the perfect world it would be nice to not have to worry about such a key position, ie the days of Big Nev and slightly less so, Ugly Dai Davies.

F*ck it why doesn't BK make a token bid of £3.5m for Buffon, if you don't ask, you don't get. :P

ATB

Mac

id love Given, but i dont think wages would be the only problem, the transfer fee would be quite big as he is quality, but there'd be quite a few other offers.

give Turner a chance.

Paddy Kennys a good keeper, wouldnt mind him if the price was right