IGNORED

Victor Anichebe (Confirmed exit)

He's not as bad as some here give him credit for .

A good run in the prem and he would score at least 2 goals a season .

Any team outside of the top 7 would be interested in him , especially on a loan spell surely .

You call that giving him credit? :lol: . I'd hate to see you really rip into a player.

i don't see why people think he's that bad really i mean he got us through the villa game in the won us the penalty just after they scored and set up the third. big and strong quite fast very good impact for such a young lad i personally like him and would love to see him go on loan rather than sell him he'll come back good. did wonders for ossie

Edited by marcopaulo

So thats the one good game you can remeber... To be honest I can remeber a few decent performances from him in the last couple of seasons.... mainly european games....

a few good games simply isnt good enough..... and before you say... if he had perfromed better he may have got more starts/appearences.... dont forget we have just played maybe a 1/4 of the season without a fowrard and he didnt get a sniff.

So thats the one good game you can remeber... To be honest I can remeber a few decent performances from him in the last couple of seasons.... mainly european games....

a few good games simply isnt good enough..... and before you say... if he had perfromed better he may have got more starts/appearences.... dont forget we have just played maybe a 1/4 of the season without a fowrard and he didnt get a sniff.

Thats because he was also badly injured, he was playing OK until then. But i agree that a loan with a run of 1st team games might give him the hunger to succeed.

i'll shut up if he gets a season of games somewhere else and is just as poor but i think he has summat to offer this club and always have done. will hold my hands up if im wrong

This is a situation where everyone would love to be proven wrong, I think that he does just need games to really test him. If he sorts his work rate out then he could do something, the problem I have with him is that many oppertunities that are handed to him he doesn't seem to take. He comes on and looks uninterested, which is a shame because with his strength (which he only uses on rare occasions!) and his size he should cause opposition problems when he comes on, but his lack of effort stops that from happening.

It woudl be good to get him out on loan for a season and that should give us an indication of how good he can be as to be honest he wont get that here, would also like to see Vaughan go out on loan as long as we get can a couple of strikers in to get him a run of games and hopefully get him over his injury troubles.

• 1 year later...

Like when he threw his toys out of the pram to get a move to the mighty Hull?

That being said, I doubt Moyes will let him go.

I do hope he's not seen as our first-choice right midfielder though :unsure:.

to be fair he wasn't playing at all then but now he has had a taste of the first team more and more towards the end of last season..would have made more sense for him to leave then

Funny thing is that the "source" from inside Goodison that the story about him not wanting to leave is me! I was speaking with a journalist from Coventry when I was covering a Willenhall Town game for my site and he asked me a few questions about it. I told him that Vic was most likely just there to see Jukebox play as he was his best friend and that after extablishing himself in the team I couldnt see any logical reason why he would leave. This journo ran the story online but re-jigged what I said and made it sound like I was an inside source from Goodison and had spoken with the player and his agent! Ha. Now a Liverpool paper has run with it as well, all started from a slightly pissed conversation at a non-league game in the West Midlands!

I'd be disappointed if we lost Vic tbh. I think he could still come good and I think he's got his attitude sorted out and he's matured a bit. Then again if we're offered between £3m-£6m then I think we'd need to seriously think about what selling Vic and Vaughany might get us in return.

If Moyes could sign 2 Gueye's with the Vic money then I'd be delighted.

Guest Blue4You

Surely we need to get this lad on a long contact regardless of whether he stays or goes. Apparently he is nearing the end of his current contract.

http://www.evertonfc.com/player-profile/victor-anichebe

The 2006/7 season saw Anichebe establish himself as a regular in the matchday squad, and he started three successive home games, scoring twice against Newcastle.

At the end of the season he was rewarded with a new, long-term four-year contract.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2010/08/16/everton-fc-in-hunt-for-craig-bellamy-but-cardiff-city-emerge-as-favourites-100252-27069442/2/

Meanwhile, Newcastle are mulling over a move for Victor Anichebe.

The Magpies have made an enquiry for the 22-year-old, posing the Toffees a dilemma over whether to cash in on a player whose contract is due to expire next summer. As things stand, Anichebe, who missed the season opener at Blackburn on Saturday with a knee injury, would be free to talk to other clubs from January and leave for nothing at the end of the season.

And although he has insisted he is happy to stay put, the arrival of Jermaine Beckford has further strengthened competition for a striking place at Goodison and Anichebe could seek first-team football elsewhere.

Newcastle, who are scouring the market for attacking firepower, can offer him the chance to forge a partnership with Andy Carroll at St James’ Park.