IGNORED

Jags And Lescott

Romey 1878

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/world-class-duo.html

You can't argue with him really.

Yobo is going to find it impossible to get back into the side.

If they keep playing like they are, that being said it's been awhile since they kept a clean sheet (opposition taken into account). If they do keep performing then it may be time to look at grooming Yobo to play at RB, he has the pace to play there but didn't look overly comfortable when he did play there, hopefully with a bit of coaching and experience he may become a superb full back.

If they keep playing like they are, that being said it's been awhile since they kept a clean sheet (opposition taken into account). If they do keep performing then it may be time to look at grooming Yobo to play at RB, he has the pace to play there but didn't look overly comfortable when he did play there, hopefully with a bit of coaching and experience he may become a superb full back.

Yes I'd like to see how Yobo would get on at right back.

He would add some additional pace up the flanks but is quite limited with the bal unfortunately.

More of the trying to fit players in just because they're good so you don't want them on the bench. I didn't agree with doing it with Lescott at LB just to have him in the team and I don't agree with doing it with Yobo either.

Finding a new position for a player to slot into does not create competition.

Edited by Romey 1878

More of the trying to fit players in just because they're good so you don't want them on the bench. I didn't agree with doing it with Lescott at LB just to have him in the team and I don't agree with doing it with Yobo either.

I understand your point but at the same time Lescott was about the best LB in the country last season, Cahill hasn't done too badly up front, Gerrard did brilliantly on the RW for Liverpool etc. I'm not saying Yobo would work there, but he's too good a player to be sitting on the bench imo. I'd at least give it a go in training and maybe some reserve matches, when he first played a few games at RB he looked very useful going forward, using his pace to great effect, the only problem would most likely be his final ball.

Well this is it isn't it...it's like alex at chelsea, if carvalho or terry can't play he'll come in, but if theyre both fit he won't replace cole or bosingwa, because full back isn't his position. :mellow:

I like Yobo as a player, but with an all-english back four comes another advantage, and one that is key to team-play...in no way is it an insult to Yobo or other non-english players but no matter how much english he has learned he doesn't speak it as well as jags and lescott who were born and bred with the language. Communication is fundamental to football, and with all of them playing incredibly well, we have a unique back four in both their ability to coordinate with each other and with the team.

Yobo on his day is deserving of a place however lescott and jags are playing as good as if not better than yobo plus they have 2 english full backs either side and communication is/should be better than any other team in the league.

I think its the same situation up front, if we have Jo, Yakubu, Saha and Vaughan, we won't automatically play 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 just to accomodate our strike force, we'll play whichever one is on top of their game...

It's difficult because you want to give everyone all the games they can, but if Lescott goes to left back and Yobo comes back just because all 3 should play, I'll be very annoyed...