IGNORED

Controversial But..........

Memmaclub

I never understand our gameplan. We have the players in Ossie areteta baines jags to play on the ground football. A quick passing movement game but against RS with Gerrard we play long ball as soon as he went off we tried to pass it more and then when we went down to 10 men we passed it even better (obviouly) but why don't we start out in the game with a passing tactic. It was the same against chelsea

I never understand our gameplan. We have the players in Ossie areteta baines jags to play on the ground football. A quick passing movement game but against RS with Gerrard we play long ball as soon as he went off we tried to pass it more and then when we went down to 10 men we passed it even better (obviouly) but why don't we start out in the game with a passing tactic. It was the same against chelsea

What? Are you serious? Chelsea and Liverpool are always in the top 4 because they attack so well in open play, they have squads full of players who pass along the ground and are good at it. Why would we risk losing posession and allowing them to attack us when that is where they get most of their goals. The best way to score against the big 4 is through set pieces, because they suck at that aspect of the game.

If we'd have started by playing along the ground we would have lost.

Edited by The Regulator

What? Are you serious? Chelsea and Liverpool are always in the top 4 because they attack so well in open play, they have squads full of players who pass along the ground and are good at it. Why would we risk losing posession and allowing them to attack us when that is where they get most of their goals. The best way to score against the big 4 is through set pieces, because they suck at that aspect of the game.

If we'd have started by playing along the ground we would have lost.

I agree Reg as much as i would love us to play free flowing football we simply cant dont get me wrong we can play some top draw football at times but the we dont have the right structure to play like Arsenal we would be up shit creek if we where caught in possesion.

Guest efctaxi

Then it's high time they learned :)

Though having said that , it was better last night . Untill we get a frontman who can hold the ball up , and a right winger , it's an issue .

Then it's high time they learned :)

Though having said that , it was better last night . Untill we get a frontman who can hold the ball up , and a right winger , it's an issue .

I think to be honest we are capable of doing it, because against teams like West Brom, Stoke, Hull, Middlesborough, Sunderland; we should be passing straight through them. I think as of late we've had partnerships developing that could lend to this like Baines & Pienaar (Bainaar?) and Jagielka and Lescott (Jagscott?) but the rest of the team keep moving back and forth from positions, once we have a definitve set up we should be able to play along the ground against teams that aren't the big 4.

Guest efctaxi
I think to be honest we are capable of doing it, because against teams like West Brom, Stoke, Hull, Middlesborough, Sunderland; we should be passing straight through them. I think as of late we've had partnerships developing that could lend to this like Baines & Pienaar (Bainaar?) and Jagielka and Lescott (Jagscott?) but the rest of the team keep moving back and forth from positions, once we have a definitve set up we should be able to play along the ground against teams that aren't the big 4.

I agree that there's certainly more time and space against lesser ( no disrespect ) teams .

The top sides have very strong midfields and defences that attack the ball very quickly . We do indeed have some good partnerships building , but I think you need a trio really on both sides , with the creative midfielder linking both to be a top club . I don't think Arteta has the confidence in others around him , or himself against the big clubs to play that link man well , but against such opposition , it's not easy , which is why he suffers in the big games .

Against United , we were simply bullied , and didn't hit them back . Looking forward to seeing how Jo measures up . Just a pity he is cup tied .