IGNORED

Pienaar Out For Fa Cup Match

Even if he isn't injured I got this from the FA website:

http://www.thefa.com/thefa/disciplinary/su.../pendingplayers

Everton FC

Steven Pienaar

11/02/2009

Suspended from all football until the Club have completed 1 first team match for 5/10/15 cautions

So if his injury wasn't that bad and he is fit to play, he can't. I guess that means Osman on the left, and if that's the case we may be fielding Gosling on the right.

It's getting clearer that despite our strong form we do need wingers/wide players in the summer, at least as cover. Gosling was our weakest player against Bolton, and I hate to see the kid thrown in the deep end against Villa, especially when we need to win.

It's getting clearer that despite our strong form we do need wingers/wide players in the summer, at least as cover. Gosling was our weakest player against Bolton, and I hate to see the kid thrown in the deep end against Villa, especially when we need to win.

Gosling still did a job and that was good enough, I know what your saying but I woulden't be too worried about starting him against Aston Villa.

We do need wingers but after the performance on Saturday against Bolton (without Peanuts) then we shoulden't be fearing the suspension too much.

Guest efctaxi
Gosling still did a job and that was good enough, I know what your saying but I woulden't be too worried about starting him against Aston Villa.

We do need wingers but after the performance on Saturday against Bolton (without Peanuts) then we shoulden't be fearing the suspension too much.

Don't forget Jô won't be playing against Villa .

I agree, it's just I think both Rodwell and Gosling know they're out of their depth starting matches, coming on as subs there great because they have loads of energy, especially Gosling, but teh cup is the only trophy we stand to win this season and it requires a massive performance from the whole team to beat an in form Villa.

I have great aspirations for Gosling and Rodwell, but they're not there yet. I think we're forgetting that. Gosling is playing in a team with most players in their mid to late 20's. he'll be cauitiously aware he is the youngest, and while he still did the job against Bolton, it was because we had 10 other players firing on all cylinders.

If he was played at the start of the season, when we were in dire straits, I doubt his impact would have been as big.

That being said I'm sure we'll be strong enough to do the business against Villa, as long as the back 4 can keep Agbonlahor and Young quiet.