IGNORED

Hillsborough Flag

gethinO

A group of Everton fans are thinking of getting a flag made IF we get through to the semi final as mark of respect on the 20th anniversary of the Hillsborough disaster.

Flag would be on a royal blue background reading

Never Forget the 96

Merseyside.

Someone has put it up on Bluekipper and everyone there thinks it's a great idea.

What do you think?

Guest efctaxi

I think it might go some way to healing the rift between the 2 clubs as I'm fairly sure most of us would like , as well as paying respect to those that both sides lost .

Win or lose , there will surely be an opportunity at some point to display it .

Great gesture .

I think it might go some way to healing the rift between the 2 clubs as I'm fairly sure most of us would like , as well as paying respect to those that both sides lost .

Win or lose , there will surely be an opportunity at some point to display it .

Great gesture .

Can't really see how its a bad idea, it's going to be a mark of respect and show the footballing world that even the biggest rivalries can be put on halt for a mark of respect. After how the Rhys Jones family were treated they should get the same in return. I didn't expect Anfield to be so quite, I was shocked and pleased for the respect shown - great idea, I just hope that we get the Semi's now and follow this idea through.

• 1 month later...

do it, put the red/blue rivalry aside and show respect for the many who lost their lives. One touched be before on ITV news at lunch, one woman said:

"We were all excited for the match, we went down as a family of 4. I went to the match as a wife and mother and came back as nothing"

the flag is a great idea and as Blue 250 said, they had an overwhelming amount of respect for the Rhys Jones murder so we should show ours.

Kevin Daniel Williams (15)

a lad from my school, there are about three memorians dotted around the school for him. 15 years of age!!

Edited by t-cahill

The one shred of good news to come out of yesterday is Andy Fordham as king for all police records and logs to be released for public scrutiny, that will give the Justice campaingers a chance to get more truth from those covering up matters..............................I hope it works so all can final RIP, living included :mellow: