Sign in to follow this  
patto

David Moyes

By the way how can I change from being 'toffee lady'. My Dachsie is a boy and wants to be someone else!

Changes with the number of posts you make...until 500 then you can choose your own :D . Stick at it.

On the subject of DM there's obviously a lot of strong feeling about, and a certain amount of kneejerk reaction. We were all (Foz excluded) going crazy about europe and how we were the best team in the country this year (which we were)just a few short weeks ago. Now it's all doom and gloom. Personally I'm still a fully paid up member of the Moyse fan club, though some of his team selections, substitutions and (most worryingly) his fondness for pink shirts baffle me. He deserves one more season.

He must become more decisive, grow a set of balls and smarten up in the transfare market but apart from that its hard to find fault!

Goldfish - The criticisms you make of Moyes are actually pretty damming and I agree with you but you don't say anything about the way we play. That's relevant too! There is little pace in the side, little movement into space, attacks are very ponderous and predictable and we can never get back in a game if we go behind. Also those crap buys you describe rightly above were not all made by the same manager. I think Kendall and Royle were responsible.

I think Moyes is learning and does deserve more time but I'm worried about those 'straws in the wind' comments from the club about 'not many changes being needed'.

what worries me now is this latest revelation that we only have a transfer fund of 7 million to spend,i hope this is just paper talk.

regarding walter smith he did his best in hard times he balanced the books after 4 years.

as i started this topic all i said was he has to get the right players in this time.

its imperative,if he does we can improve,if he doesnt its bye bye one more season david to prove to us you are good enough. :)

It is at least reassuring to see frequent comments that stress that it isn't just the lack of points that matter - it's the dreadfully dreary approach to football that Moyes has established. Take time at the next game to see how quickly the Everton midfield retreat, ceding a large tract of the pitch for opponents to swan about in completely unharassed. Even when losing a game we pull all 11 men back to defend corners (surprise, surprise, when we clear it it just comes straight back). Which other premier league manager would attempt to get through half the season with only 1 recognised fit striker ? 4th place last year was a fluke - but nonetheless I thought it would be an opportunity siezed upon as a platform for success. Instead we blew it and I think the blame for that lies fairly and squarely with Moyes. I can understand those who say let's wait and see if Moyes can learn from his mistakes even if I don't agree with the - but i remain utterly astonished when i read that some deem him to have done a good job. Mike Walker...Gordon Lee....where are you ?...I owe you both an apology...

This club, despite all its difficulties is bigger and better than Moyes and his small-minded approach to the game.

im happy to stick with moyes, im still unsure of him, but i cant think of anyone better right now though! but what does annoy me is that BK had at least 3 offers last season, but would not return the calls

complaining about the manager and the board when you havent got an option to offer is waste of time.

moyse has done a good job given the circumstances. sheer economics and credibility have prevented us from acquiring the kind of players we need.

who can we sign as a manager thats will do a better job on a tight budget than moyes. how will changing the board imporve the teams pjerformance.

a new stadium will go some way to improving our finances in the longer term. perhaps that should be a higher priority?

complaining about the manager and the board when you havent got an option to offer is waste of time.

moyse has done a good job given the circumstances. sheer economics and credibility have prevented us from acquiring the kind of players we need.

who can we sign as a manager thats will do a better job on a tight budget than moyes. how will changing the board imporve the teams pjerformance.

a new stadium will go some way to improving our finances in the longer term. perhaps that should be a higher priority?

Finaly someone sees sense!!

Java said..........................a new stadium will go some way to improving our finances in the longer term. perhaps that should be a higher priority?

...................Fair comment, but whilst we are on about the new stadium lets just look at whats going on.

OUR ILLUSTRIOUS NEIGHBOURS FROM ACROSS THE PARK HAVE AGAIN HAD THE GO-AHEAD TO BUILD A NEW 60.000 STADIUM. (had to re-apply due to new Building regulations)

What have we applied for .................... A 50.000 STADIUM. :blink:

You have to ask yourself, who intends to be the biggest club in this City. ???

Even with a new stadium we will still require Away game Vouchers to get tickets for the big games, Christ it will be another 100 years before moving to another ground we have to get this one Right. Why dont the board look to build a 61.000 seater stadium and show us they mean Business, after all it will be some other consortium who will stand the cost, and only increasing the capacity by 10.000 is not going to bring in a large amount of extra finance.

The board have to be seen to be moving forward, or they must get out and let someone else take over the reigns, someone who CAN take us forward.

Licker.

one more season for me, its either make or break IMO

Yep _ I agree with Ian.

Moyes has managed to produce a 7th and a 4th place finish. Even when we finished 17th we didn't look like going down.

Now this season, he has the chance to keep us in the top half which would be progress in my opinion. (4th was a luxury)

My criticisms of moyes are based on his own objectives.

1. Young Players

We have signed young players (yobo, Cahill) but we have also started to sign a lot of old mingers. and the players that we are linked with (i.e. Dickov) are all old mingers too - thats disappointing. We manage a 4th finish, get some money and we seem to have slipped back to our old ways in terms of finances and therefore transfers.

2. Transfers

He is crap in the transfer market.

3. Scouting

His scouts must be terrible. We let Pistone go for a reason - and then resigned him. Surely the EFC scouts could find a better left back in all of Europe and in ALL of the lower leagues and academies...surely?!

4. Style of play

Moyes called us the peoples club and promised us a turn around in the clubs structure - including the way it played football. Well he has done that but it is the most negative football in the premiership and before xmas 05, we were the lowest scoring team in the english LEAGUES! Our game is boring - you can predict scorelines and substitutions easily - its all straight out of the manual and that sometimes makes me wonder whether or not he is out of his depth - but only sometimes.

For me Moyes is still very young and inexperience - that was proven during our blip in Europe. He very much still needs guidance to make it in the prem and it annoys me that he has to go and seek that guidance from Fergie at Manure. When instead, BK should recognise that Moyesy is a bit green and get a Frank Arnesen in to help out - at least with the transfers. (not as director of football).

On the bright side...Go back as far as Mike Walker - how many times have we finished in the top 10???

Moyes has at least given the club some consistency and that will make good for future investment. (but he has to improve on midtable next year).

Patient is the key. Moyes set out a 5 yr plan to run alongside Wyness's 5yr financial plan and that plan states that we should be midtable at this stage - and we are mid table!

Next year, if funds can be released to moyes, the team should again improve and we should be talking about a strong European challenge and not a 'will we, wont we, if they lose and we win' scenario.

I am more than happy to let him have another year in charge to show that the plan is working but he HAS got to improve in the transfer market and sign a decent striker, keep YOBO, ARTETA and FERRARI and sign another central midfielder.

What have we applied for .................... A 50.000 STADIUM.

i dont know the circs but building regs etc., may limit what we can build on a site that size.

but the game is about money these days and income still comes mainly from the gate receipts.

the bigger the stadium the more cash we can take!

and that will translate into better players, hopefully!