IGNORED

Lescott

Romey 1878

Guest efctaxi
Exactly what time did you start drinking, sell Lescott. Yep that makes sense. So why would you sell him now and not earlier in the year, i just can't get my head around this logic.

2 reasons :

Firstly , having watched him this year , he is still underperforming by his own standards . Don't get me wrong , he is still playing ok for the most part , but nowhere near as good as he has in the past , and for the first quater of the season , he was actually pretty dire .

Why have I changed my mind ?

I figured he was getting back to his best at the time of the last major discussion we had about him , but after watching him against Villa , he had another mediocre game , and settled for putting the ball in the stand very often when other options were available . His touch on the ball was off , especially his first touch , and his confidence looked a little low in one on one situations . Yes , everyone is entitled to a bad game , but it's only my current opinion , and that may yet again change .

Secondly , I look at the interest he has had from clubs such as Arsenal , and indeed City .

This makes me think if City did actually offer good money for him , then we could look at improving other areas on the pitch with the funding . Our main strengths in defence in recent months have been Jags , Baines , and a resurgence of Hibbert , but not necessarily Lescott . Part of that may be that Neville has covered infront of Hibbert and Jags and not necessarily Lescott . If Yobo moved into the area , we would still have a very strong defence with Rodwell and possibly Coleman gradually moving into contention . Edit : Jacobsen too .

I'm probably talking bollox to many , but I think Lescotts position could be covered and if the fee is right , inject some much needed new faces into the side .

Again , only my current opinion :)

Now where did I put my drink :lol:

Edited by efctaxi

2 reasons :

Firstly , having watched him this year , he is still underperforming by his own standards . Don't get me wrong , he is still playing ok for the most part , but nowhere near as good as he has in the past , and for the first quater of the season , he was actually pretty dire .

I figured he was getting back to his best at the time of the last major discussion we had about him , but after watching him against Villa , he had another mediocre game , and settled for putting the ball in the stand very often when other options were available . His touch on the ball was off , especially his first touch , and his confidence looked a little low in one on one situations . Yes , everyone is entitled to a bad game , but it's only my current opinion , and that may yet again change .

Secondly , I look at the interest he has had from clubs such as Arsenal , and indeed City .

This makes me think if City did actually offer good money for him , then we could look at improving other areas on the pitch with the funding . Our main strengths in defence in recent months have been Jags , Baines , and a resurgence of Hibbert , but not necessarily Lescott . Part of that may be that Neville has covered infront of Hibbert and Jags and not necessarily Lescott . If Yobo moved into the area , we would still have a very strong defence with Rodwell and possibly Coleman gradually moving into contention . Edit : Jacobsen too .

I'm probably talking bollox to many , but I think Lescotts position could be covered and if the fee is right , inject some much needed new faces into the side .

Lescott can be the sub for Cole / Ferdinand and Terry for the national squad at present and he is still improving. IMO one day he will be the first 11 for the team in 3 to 4 years the most. Yes we still have positions to cover, selling him to City may provide us with some 15M to buy others but Lescott is a very versatile players with very good physical aspect. Good defending and attacking being a big threat he's proven that many times this season if u look at his goal-scoring record. Plus, it would be good to have Yobo on the bench for CD or taking turns with Jags and Lescott. This is the depth every titling-winning teams need to have.

If we need money or more players to boost our squad then we should ask the board to provide and look into the youth team which is there for a reason.

Lescott is a long-term investment done in last year and so far he's done well for us. It would not be sensible to sell him for money or due to some costly mistakes he's made early this season.

2 reasons :

Well we are all entitled to our opinion but I have to disagree with you about his form and on selling him.

Moyse was quoted recently as saying he was playing out of his skin and I would definitely take Moysey view ahed of yours, thats probably why he is a Premiership manager and your a taxi driver!

We need to be building the squad up not decimating it further

I did agree with one of your points though "I'm probably talking bollox to many " !!!

Orient Toffee made the good point of Lescott being a long term investment.Unless a really stupid offer came in for him Moyes would never sell him.

Had a blip at the start of the season, so did Arteta and a few others.Sell him because of that!Don't think so!

Checked out a Newcastle fc forum, they are made up about Cahill being banned and all our injuries, but many still can't see newcastle getting past our defence.....Lescotts name being the one mentioned the most!

He will always score a few goals and as a long term investment could become an even better player.

Guest efctaxi
Well we are all entitled to our opinion but I have to disagree with you about his form and on selling him.

Moyse was quoted recently as saying he was playing out of his skin and I would definitely take Moysey view ahed of yours, thats probably why he is a Premiership manager and your a taxi driver!

I did agree with one of your points though "I'm probably talking bollox to many " !!!

We'll just have to see during the summer won't we :) But what do I know ? I'm just a taxi driver huh ? We'd better stop talking on this forum unless we are prem managers shall we ? Consider your comment unappreciated :angry:

No need at all for sarcastic comments like that no need to belittle people. Also being a Manager does not mean you are any brighter or more knowlagable then anyone else Stephen King one of the best writers in history was a Janitor the founder of Dell computers Michael Dell was a dishwasher before hand the list goes on some people just dont get the opportunity to do what others have and can.

We'll just have to see during the summer won't we :) But what do I know ? I'm just a taxi driver huh ? We'd better stop talking on this forum unless we are prem managers shall we ? Consider your comment unappreciated :angry:

Wasnt meant to offend you just think your way off the mark with regards to Lescotts form he has been magnificent the past few months.

No need at all for sarcastic comments like that no need to belittle people. Also being a Manager does not mean you are any brighter or more knowlagable then anyone else Stephen King one of the best writers in history was a Janitor the founder of Dell computers Michael Dell was a dishwasher before hand the list goes on some people just dont get the opportunity to do what others have and can.

What the flying flock are you waffling on about?

I think the fact that Moyse is the manager of a Premiership team means he most certainly does know more about footall than Stephen King or Michael Dell or a taxi driver or anybody else in any other proffesion outside of football

Edited by StevO

What the flying flock are you waffling on about?

I think the fact that Moyse is the manager of a Premiership team means he most certainly does know more about footall than Stephen King or Michael Dell or a taxi driver or anybody else in any other proffesion outside of football

Im not waffling about anything your the one spouting ridiculous shite the point being you made a remark that he was a taxidriver in a very belittling way as if he is some sort of idiot and Moyes must be a genius because he is a manager so the mentioned names are very bright sparks who had very normal jobs just making a point! If you had said i am sure Moyes knows his players better then we do as we all know he does instead of putting it the way you did you may not have offended people and sounded like a right pink end.

Edited by EFC-Paul

Im not waffling about anything your the one spouting ridiculous shite the point being you made a remark that he was a taxidriver in a very belittling way as if he is some sort of idiot and Moyes must be a genius because he is a manager so the mentioned names are very bright sparks who had very normal jobs just making a point! If you had said i am sure Moyes knows his players better then we do as we all know he does instead of putting it the way you did you may not have offended people and sounded like a right pink end.

You have both taken it completely out of context , I never once said that there was anything wrong with being a taxi driver so I fail to see how I was belittleing anybody.

I merely pointed out that if he couldnt see that Lescott was a top player who was bang in form then it is little wonder that he is not employed as a Premiership manager and would be better off sticking to his day job, whatever it is!

Exactly which part of that is "ridiculous shite" is beyond me

Guest efctaxi
You have both taken it completely out of context , I never once said that there was anything wrong with being a taxi driver so I fail to see how I was belittleing anybody.

I merely pointed out that if he couldnt see that Lescott was a top player who was bang in form then it is little wonder that he is not employed as a Premiership manager and would be better off sticking to his day job, whatever it is!

Your ' dig ones self out of a deep hole ' detection system has encountered a problem and needs to close . Would you like to send an error report ? :)

Appology accepted in advance , now stop waffling and go get the beers in :P

Ok mate it just sounded that way i did not want to start an debate just to point out it was abit out of order :lol:

Guest efctaxi

Rooney to United

Johnson to Fulham

Barmby to Liverpool

Carsley / Mcfadden to Birmingham

Wright to West Ham

Davies to Fulham

Kilbane to Wigan

Bent to Charlton

Watson to West Brom

Campbell to West Brom

Radzinski to Fulham

Unswoth to Portsmouth

Jeffers to Arsenal

Pembridge to Fulham

To name just a few under Moyes :)

Why do you think he will keep Lescott if the price is right ?

Barmby was long gone when Davey arrived :) .

And I think there's arguably only one in that list who'd improve our current team, even if they were all at their peak.

Maybe another two or three that I'd have for the squad (Campbell, Carsley, possibly Rhino for the passion).

So, apart from the obvious one, DM's never sold our best players so I don't think he'd start now....barring an insane offer from City.

Guest efctaxi
Barmby was long gone when Davey arrived :) .

And I think there's arguably only one in that list who'd improve our current team, even if they were all at their peak.

Maybe another two or three that I'd have for the squad (Campbell, Carsley, possibly Rhino for the passion).

So, apart from the obvious one, DM's never sold our best players so I don't think he'd start now....barring an insane offer from City.

Yep .

Barmby to the reds was a chancer lol :lol:

The main point being that selling to rivals has never been an issue in the past . Untill we can regularly attack the top 4 , I'm not sure how we can realistically call them rivals .

Yep .

Barmby to the reds was a chancer lol :lol:

The main point being that selling to rivals has never been an issue in the past . Untill we can regularly attack the top 4 , I'm not sure how we can realistically call them rivals .

I maybe jumping ahead of myself but there is nowhere we can go from here without trying to break into the top 4. We've consistently proved ourselves at least top 6 over the past few years, we should now be turning our attention to trying to get champions league spots. From this point of view I would say that those 5 teams now above us in the league, with the possible addition of City (I'm thinking of next season now) are our main rivals - either for a CL, or at least a UEFA Cup spot. To sell our best players to these clubs would amount to professional suicide. If we want to progress both on and off the pitch, consistent long runs in Europe is a must. OK, you may argue that 18million for Lescott would enable us to invest in other players in other areas of the pitch. But the fact remains that we'd be getting rid of one of our (and England's) best defenders, and most likely it'd be to the people who we are trying to compete with.

We need to be keeping hold of all our best players, and trying to add more quality in areas where we are lacking.

Guest efctaxi

There are many defenders in the world who are better and more experienced than Lescott . City have the money to buy them all , so us keeping him isn't going to stop their little crusade .

The same can be said of Chelsea , or United , and Liverpool and Arsenal aren't skint themselves .

What I'm saying is that we are stuck for money , and Lescotts position is possible to repair should he leave .

It might not be repaired with someone as good without spending a similar fee , but in order to go forward , we need pace on the wings , creativity in midfield , and precision in the box .

City are throwing money around , and if they throw it our way for Lescott , then we should take it .

I would imagine the fee to be in excess of £20 million if City are determined enough . Any less and it's not worth our while .

We could do a lot with that kind of money elsewhere on the pitch .

I can see your point - and over 20 million would obviously make one wonder.

But taking into consideration that we have an up hill struggle as it is: We're not the most attractive club that people want to come to, and we also don't have the funds to make us seem more attractive. I just think that we'd be making a big mistake selling him and then hoping to find an equal or better replacement, as well as adding to the other areas of the field.

I completely agree that it's a bit of pace up front/on the wing, and another creative midfield player that we need. But I don't think that selling JLo is the best option to fulfil that aim.

I'd prefer to let Cheebes go, though of course we wouldn't get as much.

Guest efctaxi

Unless we win the cup , and qualify for europe , I can't see this season generating any funds .

Unless Anichebe has a stormer untill the end of the season , we won't get much for him as only goals count . Arteta will do well to be fit in time for the start of next season . The Yak also , and if we have to go down the loan route again , it will be another tough year ahead of us .

Castillo will be gone too .

Jagielka can play anywhere at the back , so I can see all eyes on Coleman and Jacobsen next year . Fellaini has a big task ahead of him , otherwise he will be out of the door before his feet can touch the ground .

I would not only sell Lescott , but also Arteta and maybe even Yakubu . If we can get 40 mill for the 3 , then Moyes is a decent spender of money ( except for big bird so far ) :P

Unless we win the cup , and qualify for europe , I can't see this season generating any funds .

Unless Anichebe has a stormer untill the end of the season , we won't get much for him as only goals count . Arteta will do well to be fit in time for the start of next season . The Yak also , and if we have to go down the loan route again , it will be another tough year ahead of us .

Castillo will be gone too .

Jagielka can play anywhere at the back , so I can see all eyes on Coleman and Jacobsen next year . Fellaini has a big task ahead of him , otherwise he will be out of the door before his feet can touch the ground .

I would not only sell Lescott , but also Arteta and maybe even Yakubu . If we can get 40 mill for the 3 , then Moyes is a decent spender of money ( except for big bird so far ) :P

Jags has been our player of the season so surely we could offload him and what about Tim Howard he has got to be one of the best keepers in the Prem so we could get a few bob for him as well.

Then the way Gosling and Rodwell are going we should soon to in a position to tout them around to any potentil buyers, there must be an ambitious club out there somewhere.

Then with all the money we could buy some crap or unheard of players that nobody else wants and wouldnt that be great!