IGNORED

Where Would You Rate Arteta?

Memmaclub

i think that now we know (or more importantly Moyes knows) his best position is CM not stuck out on the wing, he's a much better player than he used to be.

Aside from the fact he's a great crosser of the ball, good set-piece taker (although i think we all know, more than fans of other clubs that don't see him as much, that he could be more consistent), he dictates the pace of our play. He's become brilliant at slowing things down when we need to, and likewise picking up the pace when necessary. And he's not a bad tackler either!

I'd rate him as a similar standard to Fabregas nowadays, not much difference between them. he's become a really world-class midfielder.

Guest efctaxi

He is a good player , and probably the best that we can afford at the moment , but there are lots of great midfielders in the prem if you look around .

I can think of a few where it would be hard not to look at Arteta as still serving his apprenticeship .

Guest efctaxi

Alonso , Scholes , and Essien are also top midfielders , and though Giggs and Ronaldo are possibly wingers , theyre basically midfield players . There are lots more too in the prem .

Petrov ? Elano ? Joe Cole ?

Probably the position of the park that contains the best football players on the planet in any league . You could add more names with ease , and though in this case , I'm not saying they're all better or worse than Arteta , it's a battle ground full of quality .

He is not as good as Cesc, Lampard or Gerrard, however he is as important for us as those mentioned are for their respective clubs.

The problem lies with the league that he plays in. If he was in Spain he would be one of the best players in their league but because he's over in the Premiership he's up against talent which is just as good. I'm happy with Arteta and do rate him but its the hardest league to stand out in the Premiership because players that play in similar positions - Essien, Fabregas, J.Cole, Ronaldo.. the list goes on and on its hard to pick one person to be 'world class' he's one of the best players we've got but I'm unsure if we could class him as the best in the Premiership.

He's not far off though and I'm glad he plays his football at Goodison Park.

The problem lies with the league that he plays in. If he was in Spain he would be one of the best players in their league but because he's over in the Premiership he's up against talent which is just as good. I'm happy with Arteta and do rate him but its the hardest league to stand out in the Premiership because players that play in similar positions - Essien, Fabregas, J.Cole, Ronaldo.. the list goes on and on its hard to pick one person to be 'world class' he's one of the best players we've got but I'm unsure if we could class him as the best in the Premiership.

He's not far off though and I'm glad he plays his football at Goodison Park.

Well said Dark. Arteta is not surrounded by similar style players, Osman and Pienaar would not make any other top sides first eleven. Teta has to do too much at times, early in the season every corner, free kick and virtually throw ins were down to him, he was stale due to over use. The extra burdens have been reduced and he has moved into the middle of the park, on his day he is as good as any in the world. A few months back BK compared to Alex Young, I adored the great man, he was my hero and no one could match him, on his day. The pressures of modern football are so great I doubt whether Alex would have stood out in this day and age, Teta does. I rate him and I rate him highly and like you I'm glad he plays for us :D

Arteta is very special to us. We play rather differently when he's on the pitch or not. We certainly have to change to a more direct approach when he is absent. I think he is a very influential player who can use his skill to make everton a team playing fluent football at times.he is just as good as those proven world-class players like lampard / gerrard etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if Arsenal had made an approach for him but i know DM knows he is the key to success and one of those we can trust to bring everton to CL one day.